Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Help - Hilton changed my room type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Currently mid Atlantic on way to Florida with family. I have a 2 bed suite booked tonight on International Drive.

Email confirms it’s a 2 bed suite but when I go to check in online it says its a one bed suite.

Trying to get some sense out of live support but not too helpful.

Any ideas?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you tried calling the hotel and talking to a staff member with the title something like front desk supervisor/manager or rooms manager?
DJ_Iceman and Adam1222 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Currently mid Atlantic on way to Florida with family. I have a 2 bed suite booked tonight on International Drive.

Email confirms it’s a 2 bed suite but when I go to check in online it says its a one bed suite.

Trying to get some sense out of live support but not too helpful.

Any ideas?
If you've got the email to show what room type you booked I wouldn't worry, in my experience the easiest solution is to sort it out at the property when you arrive.

The 'My Stay' part of the App can be useful for these sorts of things, though if you've been moved or upgraded it usually shows the new room type.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Have you tried calling the hotel and talking to a staff member with the title something like front desk supervisor/manager or rooms manager?
Yes, do this if you haven't already. We had this happen to us once and they corrected it immediately. Call the hotel.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Can’t call as I’m on a plane! Trying to do what I can online before I arrive. The worry is is that the hotel is totally sold out now. Live support are convinced I have booked a 1 bed. So glad I have the email.

If they have mucked out, will I get much throwback if we just book a different Hilton locally?

Only staying on I drive for one night before we head to South Florida so don’t care where we stay and happy with 2 regular hotel rooms, but won’t accept us all lumped in a one bed suite when we booked 2!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You could try going to the hotel's website (start by pretending that you're trying to book it and look for some contact information as responding to the email confirmation you have probably won't get to a person at the hotel) and email them. Call as soon as you land.

Worst case might be a rollaway bed or sofa bed in the one bed suite the first night and then moving to a suite with two beds the next day.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:23 am
Original Poster

I will call when we get on the ground. I must say, it’s the first time I’ve ever used the online live chat and it makes me want to jump up and down on my ipad, and then flush it down the loo!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:53 am

Potentially stupid question, but when making the reservation, did you note the number of guests (e.g. using the buttons on the search page)?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Sorted. The 2b suite had an issue and we’ve been upgraded to adjacent premium 1b suites.

Lesson for me is avoid live chat!

Thanks for the replies
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
One always does best with an in-person phone call to someone at the property. There are rare occasions where there is no good solution, but they are really rare.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:41 pm

Sorted. The 2b suite had an issue and we’ve been upgraded to adjacent premium 1b suites.

Thanks for the replies
I hadn't realized that you meant TWO BEDROOM suite and not just a suite with two (twin) beds rather than one king or queen in the bedroom.

Did they disclose whether it was a maintenance issue or just a guest who didn't leave?

:D! likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:42 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G

Thanks for the replies
Yes, so obviously the live chat is not going to know about a specific problem at a property - but I would have hoped that the hotel would email me if they are going to do something like that.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I hadn't realized that you meant TWO BEDROOM suite and not just a suite with two (twin) beds rather than one king or queen in the bedroom.

Did they disclose whether it was a maintenance issue or just a guest who didn't leave?

they said there was a pipe burst when affected a couple of rooms. As a bonus, at check in I must told I was guest of the day, got to spin a wheel and won 7000 Hilton Points. I was then offered a parking place with my name, as guest of the day written on it! On,y in America!

A further bonus is I shall have 2 nights rather than one credited as I now have two rooms

yes, I booked a 2 bedroomed (with one king and 2 doubles) not a regular room with 2 beds
tynmar likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:56 am

Not related at all to your question, but if you have kids, try the Uno's pizza place down the road. Excellent pizza!
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:32 am
cjd

they said there was a pipe burst when affected a couple of rooms. As a bonus, at check in I must told I was guest of the day, got to spin a wheel and won 7000 Hilton Points. I was then offered a parking place with my name, as guest of the day written on it! On,y in America!

A further bonus is I shall have 2 nights rather than one credited as I now have two rooms

yes, I booked a 2 bedroomed (with one king and 2 doubles) not a regular room with 2 beds
Good resolution to the problem, but would have been nice for them to let you know. If you're only staying for one night, even with two rooms, it only counts as one stay and one night. Having said that, on a couple of occasions, I have wrongly been granted the 2 nights, but that's not in line with the rules. You may be lucky! Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.