Hampton duvet cover texture

Old Aug 15, 19, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Hampton duvet cover texture

Just stayed at the Hampton in Bellevue, great spacious rooms, clean...except for this thing on my bed. It has a horribly textured exterior. It's scratchy and almost intolerable for my wife and I. We like to sleep with minimal clothes on and enjoy wrapping our legs/arms around the duvet and this cover ruins it.

Hampton itself has a store and I found the same covers online. I also have another upcoming stay in October at another Hampton, so I scanned through the photos and there they are, the same textured covers. If this is really a Hampton-wide duvet then I'm literally going to cancel my stay.

Am I the only one?
Old Aug 15, 19, 9:39 pm

No issues here.
Old Aug 15, 19, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
I sleep naked, but my skin only touches the underside of the duvet cover. I find it smooth enough. It does vary, though. Maybe you got unlucky with overly worn out linens?

You could try asking for an extra flat sheet and see if that helps.
Old Aug 15, 19, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
I'm not confident those are cleaned often in any hotel chain, hence the sheet that is cleaned. That I will snug with but not the duvet.
Old Aug 16, 19, 12:06 am

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
I agree - not a fan of the oddly texured/scratchy cover of the Hampton duvets. I frankly prefer when they are the same material as a simple white sheet.
Sisosig likes this.
Old Aug 16, 19, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davie355 View Post
I sleep naked, but my skin only touches the underside of the duvet cover. I find it smooth enough. It does vary, though. Maybe you got unlucky with overly worn out linens?

You could try asking for an extra flat sheet and see if that helps.
Underside is fine and smooth like a normal sheet. The top / exterior is the issue.
Old Aug 16, 19, 6:53 am

They are indeed often a waffle-type texture. It's never bothered me though.
Old Aug 17, 19, 5:25 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA (airline status-free leisure traveler), HH Diamond
My problem with the duvet is not with the texture, but the thickness. They are way too hot for me. I usually throw off the duvet, then use the blanket that is in the closet instead.

For a company that claims to be green, I can imagine that many Hampton Inn use a lot more A/C than they would otherwise need to compensate for those ridiculous duvets!

Search this Thread