Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond requal 2020 roll call

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Sitting at 55 right now, will get there eventually. Have the Aspire and it's not like Diamond ever gets me upgraded in my weekly stays at higher-end properties in big US cities anyhow (international is better), so no hurry.

65 nights over at Marriott for what it's worth, but don't worry, I don't get any upgrades over there either. Will probably hit Ambassador in a few months, so then I can have someone to complain to when I don't get any upgrades, though I hear most people can't get in touch with their Ambassadors anyhow.

Thinking of having a run at Hyatt but maybe a bit late - perhaps next year.

Loyalty is not as exciting as it used to be.
As a Titanium, I've had upgrades at Marriott properties, but on a weirdly random basis.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
As a Titanium, I've had upgrades at Marriott properties, but on a weirdly random basis.
Well great, I like weird! I'll look forward to that then.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Originally Posted by ao40
I am at 73 nights, but 55 of those are rollover from last year - which means Diamond for next year, and 13 nights towards 2021 in the bag so far.

Enjoying the new rollover perk very much, have done 80 nights with Marriott this year while not having to think too much about keeping Hilton nights up. Will not take too much to top up to 60 again next year.

Might not hit any milestone bonuses this year, but already have 1.1m Hilton points that I’m not sure how I’m going to use before they lose their value.....

Rollover nights from one year don’t count to the next year. You have to attain 60 non-rollover nights in the current year before you start accruing.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
As you haven't achieved the 50 night milestone it is adding them together.
From the t & c's concerning milestones:
My 60th night occurred yesterday and today the 40000 points (10000+30000 milestones)posted with the stay.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by aroundtheworld76
128 nights including 60 rollover. I too am a fan of rollover nights!
If you mean you have 60 rollover from last year, those have not been of any use to you as you have 68 nights this year. The 60 rollover nights will go away (can only rollover once) and you will have 8 rollover nights (so far) for next year.

For myself, I passed 60 nights in July and am currently sitting at 78. No rollover from 2018, hit exactly 60 nights last year. Just passed 120K base points this month, but only have 10 stays this year so am unlikely to hit the trifecta of requalifying with all 3 criteria.

But as they say, two out of three ain't bad.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: SW Comp Pass, Lft Gold AA, Lft DIA HHONORS, National Exec Elite
I am at 81 nights in 2019, with 33 stays....

now if i could only get them to respond to my request of how far I am from lifetime, since I didn't keep track of it....
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Dirt, HHonors Silver
Wish they'd rollover points (dollars). Just re-qualed for gold last week, but should not have trouble hitting diamond again as that works out to about 12 more nights for me (most of my stays are in the bay area or NYC)
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: a little here, a little there
Originally Posted by uscgto
did they award you 60,000 points for the 60 nights completed?
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
As you haven't achieved the 50 night milestone it is adding them together.
From the t & c's concerning milestones:
As Jerry points out, it's a total of 40k points (I think!) for getting to 60 nights... and yes, those posted (as 30k and 10k).

One thing that regularly confuses me is that the activity on the website doesn't include running subtotals... so my account total may have 20k points "extra" according to my records at least, and I can't figure out in the activity where they came from.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: HH D
Made it: 38 nights - 30 stays - 38.5k points

Normally my night count would be around 50, but 12 nights went to IHG this year, because of lack of Hilton presence / by far better redemption rates / huge promotion bonuses for low tier loyalty members.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Sitting at 55 right now, will get there eventually. Have the Aspire and it's not like Diamond ever gets me upgraded in my weekly stays at higher-end properties in big US cities anyhow (international is better), so no hurry.
Yeah - it's nice having the Aspire and being perma-Diamond. I'm at 37 nights this year as of now (I don't quite understand how Hilton split my 2018 nights into rollover nights...), and I won't hit 60. I'm Marriott Plat for this year and next, so I'm prioritizing using up my stash of points there at the expense of some Hilton redemptions.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
$42,000 charged to my Hilton Amex so far this year so I'm renewed, but zero Hilton nights. Working on lifetime at the other chain - 49 nights there so far this year, 550 lifetime nights and 9 years of Plat status, one more to go, then I'm a free agent.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Qualified again on June 3rd. Earlier than in year’s past, but did it with 30 stays. Currently sitting at 54 nights and 37 stays, but have a lot of travel coming up including this week at 2 different hotels in Chicago.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:45 pm

If you book more than one room don’t go by the app or website It won’t calculate correctly. It will give you stay credit for both rooms
Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Qualified a while back. 31 roll over nights helped. Travel has been a bit slow this year but still 71 nights (including rollover) with 29 stays. Probably another 30-40 nights spread across non-Hilton hotels.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by goingawayguide
So, so close.....29 stays; next reservation is in September.
I have 1 stay sensed next is in December, I def appreciate the miracle that is the hilton aspire card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.