Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Tapestry vs Curio collections - Differences/Similarities

Tapestry vs Curio collections - Differences/Similarities

Old Aug 6, 19, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Question Tapestry vs Curio collections - Differences/Similarities

So, what is the difference between the Curio & Tapestry collection hotels ? With so many Hilton sub-brands it's tough to figure out which is which ? Both are supposed to be unique independent boutique hotels. Is that the case or is there any blurring ? They have these brands in some of the bigger US cities . What is their appeal ? Are they cheaper or more expensive than say the Homewood, Home2 or Hampton. Or should I be less adventurous and just stick with these basic Hilton brands as I would at least know what I am getting with them ? And I just hate the Tru period !
Old Aug 6, 19, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can read the Hilton statement about the differences in the brands when they were talking about another brand that they are going to create here:
New Hilton Brands (Likely Coming in 2018)
Curio hotels are supposed to be 4-star independent hotels; Tapestry, 3-star independent/boutique hotels. Their appeal obviously is that they are smaller more boutique type properties. They are not like Tru. I have not been dissatisfied with the curio properties I have stayed at. Maybe you should read some of the threads for the Curio and Tapestry properties to see what they are about.
Also:
https://luxegetaways.com/curio-tapestry-hilton/
https://onemileatatime.com/tapestry-...ion-by-hilton/
Old Aug 6, 19, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
Thanks - I had no idea of the specific differentiation between Curio and Tapestry in terms of the level/quality. It always seemed blurry to me.
Old Aug 7, 19, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by OskiBear View Post
Thanks - I had no idea of the specific differentiation between Curio and Tapestry in terms of the level/quality. It always seemed blurry to me.
Join the club. I used to work in the hotel industry and the proliferation of brands today makes my head spin.

Then, imagine the confusion a "regular" person who thinks quality is tied to price must feel when they search for a hotel in an expensive major metropolitan area.
Old Aug 7, 19, 1:20 pm

I recently stayed at the Renwick (Curio) and the Bernic (Tapestry) in NYC. I enjoyed both and feel both had far more character than Homewood or Hampton.
aztimm likes this.
Old Aug 7, 19, 2:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
LXR Collection - Independent/Boutique 5 Star properties
Curio Collection - Independent/Boutique 4 Star properties
Tapestry Collection - Independent/Boutique 3 Star properties

Search this Thread