Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites Boise-Downtown {US-ID}

Hampton Inn & Suites Boise-Downtown {US-ID}

Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Arrow Hampton Inn & Suites Boise-Downtown {US-ID}

Stay Report - 8/3 - 8/4

Location: If you guessed this hotel is located downtown, you're right! It's on 8th Street and Myrtle in the heart of a surprisingly vibrant downtown scene. Across the street is a gas station, a block north is a Trader Joes and within a half mile are dozens of restaurants (both chain and non chain, fast casual and finer dining), a number of bars (the Residence Inn across the street has a pool deck bar that seemed really popular) and even a movie theater. The hotel has its own parking but you can get street parking without too much trouble as well.

Hotel: One of the nicest Hampton Inns I've been to. It's an 11 story new construction urban design with a really large and pleasant lobby which also had a small snack store which sold beer and wine (yay) and an attached parking garage. The only knock is there are a mere three elevators, one of which went out of service, and there can be some waits. All the common areas are well lit and pleasant to be in.

Check In: Excellent staff. I had misconnected Friday night and I called and they voluntarily changed my reservation to just one day saving me half the rate. When I arrived I was told I'd already been upgraded to a suite (something that almost never happens as a Diamond these days), offered snacks and drinks and offered explanations on how the hotel worked. I was really impressed.

Room: Very nice. Living room area with table, small kitchen area, large bed with outlets next to it, large bathroom. Pretty much everything I could want. Soundproofing also worked very well.

I don't know if I'll come back to Boise but I know I'd gladly come back here. I had the perfect Hampton Inn stay.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 6:10 pm

I stayed there and thought it was a pretty nice hotel as well. Boise was actually a lot busier downtown than I expected and we ended up walking to a restaurant and a couple of bars and there were a lot of people out and about. For lunch the next day someone at the hotel recommended a place north and what looked like a more historic residential area north of downtown and we thought that was a really nice area as well. Boise exceeded expectations overall.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Most of the Boise properties are decent for being the HGI and Hampton variety. Usually dirt cheap on weekends too. I’ve got the Hampton by the airport for $65 before.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
The kids pool area at that Hampton Downtown is fun too for littles: Splash pad type stuff that tykes would dig. Breakfast is good here too, for a Hampton.

The Eagle, ID HGI is pretty nice too, if you need to be on the other side of town. Right on the river, balconies overlooking it. A really nice distillery-"brewpub" next door with great food and locally-made on premise spirits.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.