Is there a list of 5k/night hotels?

Old Jul 30, 19, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Is there a list of 5k/night hotels?

Just wondering if such a list exists. I'm curious how many there are, where they are. Do they make good mattress runs? Do they allow online checkin/checkout...
Old Jul 30, 19, 12:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
A list is here -
https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/06/18/...els-june-2019/
Old Jul 31, 19, 4:50 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
You can also go here and set the slider to 5000

https://pointsexplorer.hiltonhonors.com/
Old Jul 31, 19, 5:32 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by eric_o View Post
You can also go here and set the slider to 5000

https://pointsexplorer.hiltonhonors.com/
For some reason that isn't working for me with either Chrome or Firefox on Win 7; it is showing all hotels even when set to 5000. On the other hand, doing that and saying sort low to high does work.
Old Jul 31, 19, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by deskover54 View Post
Just wondering if such a list exists. I'm curious how many there are, where they are. Do they make good mattress runs? Do they allow online checkin/checkout...
Online check-in doesn't work as a mattress run. Even if you want to use your phone as key, you need to access the room with it in order to be considered as "checked in".
Old Jul 31, 19, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL FO 1.4MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
At great trouble and expense, I have compiled the complete list of 5K per night hotels in the USA.

You're welcome!
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 31, 19, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Iím staying in a nice 5k property as we speak. Iíve been upgraded to suites everytime I stay at this property.
Old Jul 31, 19, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Online check-in doesn't work as a mattress run. Even if you want to use your phone as key, you need to access the room with it in order to be considered as "checked in".
Per the rules? Or per the system? A friend of mine accidentally had a no show 2 weeks ago after they had done online checkin and they got their points/nights credit. Waste of 60k points for a night not used, but they certainly got credit.
Old Jul 31, 19, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Per the rules? Or per the system? A friend of mine accidentally had a no show 2 weeks ago after they had done online checkin and they got their points/nights credit. Waste of 60k points for a night not used, but they certainly got credit.
Your friend benefitted from a glitch. Not something that is likely to be repeated.
Old Jul 31, 19, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Your friend benefitted from a glitch. Not something that is likely to be repeated.
if it's a glitch, why would one assume it's not likely to be repeated? sounds like a system error that would continue to occur? with mobile checkin and checkout, how would they even know if you are there or not? and to be honest, why would they care? they got paid.
Old Jul 31, 19, 1:28 pm

if it's a glitch, why would one assume it's not likely to be repeated? sounds like a system error that would continue to occur? with mobile checkin and checkout, how would they even know if you are there or not? and to be honest, why would they care? they got paid.
Many people have tried. Very few have succeeded. If you insist... go ahead and spend your points and see what happens...

Search this Thread