Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

WA Maldives vs Conrad vs Conrad Bora Bora

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAexec Paltinum , Hilton Lifetime diamond, Marriot Titanium

I wanted to hear from peoples experiences who have been to Bora Bora Vs Maldives. I am looking to plan our family trip for 2020, probably in December. I was favoring Bora Bora since its closer to California then the Maldives and would be traveling with 2 kids under 10 years of age. I would be using aa points, and the points are the same if i travel to Bora Bora or the Maldives. Then when i look closer, I have to buy another Plane ticket from Papete Airport to Bora Bora, 4 tickets was a little under 2K. WA Maldives looks great but the $750. per person boat transfer doesnt make sense to me. Where at least the Conrad Maldives transfer makes more sense. Also i read that the Conrad Maldives, kids eat free with a paying adult. That can be a big benefit when staying 8 plus days. Does the WA have that as well? or Conrad Bora Bora.

We have been to exotic Islands (Hilton Seychelles) and loved , lately we have been doing hawaii, Costa Rica, and other closer islands.

Thank you for your thoughts
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:01 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’ve been to both Conrads, but not the WA.

From California, Bora Bora really is a whole lot easier and cheaper (when not on points) to get to than the Madives, so I would bear that in mind. Those Bora Bora flights look a bit overpriced to me, they're more regularly $200 or so.

In terms of the two Conrads, they're both different and either would be reasonably good for your needs as a family. If I had to choose I'd probably say the smaller island in the Conrad Rangali Island was my favourite experience, but I'd rather go back to the Conrad Bora Bora than take a main island beach bungalow. In your shoes I'd probably do the Conrad Bora Bora because of the easier location, because you have off-resort options in Bora Bora (not a lot, but some), because the Maldives is undeniably even more couples focused than Bora Bora and because the main pool is quite nice with a well equipped pool boy setup with lots of fun things to do.
apatahunga likes this.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Jul 29, 2019 at 11:08 pm
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I’ve been to both Conrads, but not the WA.

Assuming you’re American, Bora Bora really is a whole lot easier and cheaper (when not on points) to get to than the Madives, so I would bear that in mind. Those Bora Bora flights look a bit overpriced to me, they're more regularly $200 or so.

In terms of the two Conrads, they're both different and either would be reasonably good for your needs as a family. If I had to choose I'd probably say the smaller island in the Conrad Rangali Island was my favourite experience, but I'd rather go back to the Conrad Bora Bora than take a main island beach bungalow. In your shoes I'd probably do the Conrad Bora Bora because of the easier location, because you have off-resort options in Bora Bora (not a lot, but some), because the Maldives is undeniably even more couples focused than Bora Bora and because the main pool is quite nice with a well equipped pool boy setup with lots of fun things to do.
the conrad Bora Bora 95k award nights are the standard beach rooms, the conrad Maldives if you book early enough they have OWB for the same 95K points per night. As far as flights, id be using my American airlines miles and the cost of the miles is the same. What did you like about the Maldives more then Bora Bora?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The smaller island in the Maldives had no kids But seriously, it was just more private and relaxing - a very special experience. Conrad Bora Bora nor the Rangali main island are slightly less isolated and a bit more hectic as a result.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:33 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Sorry this is a bit long of a post.

We have been to all three resorts, Conrad Maldives in 2017, Conrad Bora Bora in 2018, then Waldorf Astoria Maldives earlier this month. For reference we have also stayed at the Intercontinental Thalasso Bora Bora in 2016, 2017, and Sheraton Full Moon Maldives in 2012. We have also been to Seychelles in 2016 which we think is fabulous including the world's best beach Anse Lazio and some of the clearest waters I have seen if one wants to snorkel / dive (for us supervised snorkel tours).

It is too simplistic to say which is the better resort so I will try to keep to the main points I feel might change which one chooses over the other.

For points stays; the Conrad Bora Bora is the weakest out of the three where you could end up in the Garden View Suite you have booked. Sure they are nice, 100sqm in size, but they are more like studio apartments with common walls with other neighbours. The Conrad Maldives then have the options between Beach Villas or Water Villas which feel more like a resort island holiday, they are genuinely nice until you see the Waldorf Astoria Maldives, sure there is a slight points premium but these beach villa with pool blow everything out of the water.

For dining, we found Bora Bora dining to be weakest (in terms of choices and quality) out of the three including that at the Intercontinental Thalasso. The Waldorf Astoria has better quality of food out of the three but the Conrad Maldives have dining experiences that the Waldorf Astoria is lacking, such as beach BBQs, beachside japanese grill, being able to dine over the water at Mandhoo, Sunset Grill versus the only over water dining option at WA is Li Long which has four tables and very little overwater ambience. Conrad Maldives you can then dine under the water but the WA you can sit in a bird like cage. Also the WA you are paying 15-30% more than Conrad Maldives generally, and Bora Bora it would have been a further 5-10% less than the Conrad Maldives. WA lacked an island resort feel sunset bar (sure they have the Nava Beach Bar and Amber) but I didn't get sand between my toes and that made it less appealing personally. Both Conrad and WA have an underground wine cellar but to enjoy the latter, you had to spend $300++ pp (or three times than the Conrad eg. cheese fondue) to get the chance to do so.

For service, Maldives wins hands down whilst the locals at French Polynesia operate like its "island" time. Some FP resorts try to employ as many locals as possible but that could either give it a more "local" feeling but losing service (or brand) standard so they need to find the 'right' balance. Now the WA has superior service to the Conrad Maldives but maybe the resort is new, the staff are excited and welcoming, and guests are happy to be there. There were little things that WA staff did (actively opening doors, actively helping with bringing things to the table, meeting guests request even if its not listed) as an advantage. If you wanted something, consider it done.

For the main resort pool; the WA's family pool is gorgeous and wins easily out of all three properties. They also have a long 40 metre adults only pool which is great for laps. Both pools were often close to empty because all the villas have their own private pool. The Conrad Bora Bora pool is decently sized and felt inviting and hence I rank it second. The Conrad Maldive's pool is third because one, it is affected by sea planes and noise and two, it can get crowded because it is such a small pool. Similarly the adult only pool whilst nice, have limited seating.

Now for pricing, you said getting to Papeete or Male is similar so let's look at a rough estimate in cost from said airport to resort:-

Papeete to Bora Bora return flight $500 plus Conrad Bora Bora shuttle (or the free local option).
Male to Conrad Maldives $560++
Male to Waldorf Astoria $700++

The Waldorf is slightly more expensive here, however comparing the Maldive properties, the benefits is that taking the Waldorf Astoria's yacht means you can get to the resort by 11am resort time (they're an hour later, thus you get the first yacht that departs 9am Male time), you can leave the resort as late at the 11pm boat (that connect to SQ flights for example). The Conrad Maldives you are subject to lighting because sea planes only operate in day light, and last flights leave 6pm? or so.

The major benefits I see with Bora Bora is that you have access to main island and top up on snacks / food / alcohol. There are a variety of restaurant options (some touristy like Bloody Marys but hey why not). There is a variety of land tours / excursions / rent a buggy and cruise around the island etc. Also before/after Bora Bora there are other islands you can visit like Moorea and a few dozen more options. You can BYO duty free alcohol to French Polynesia (four bottles of our champagne of choice and two bottle of spirits between me and my wife - buy mixers when we are there). You can't BYO alcohol to the Maldives if you drink or its negligible if you don't drink.

Now the trick question is what would I like? Gosh, in my ideal scenario, I would love the WA's amazing beach villa with pool PLUS the Conrad Maldives dining options (happy to forgo some quality for island ambience) PLUS the resort transplanted onto the Bora Bora motu where the Intercontinental Thalasso currently is - the Thalasso has the most amazing postcard views of the lagoon and Mount Otenamu that Bora Bora is renowned for in my opinion. Oh and just to throw things into the spanner - beaches and crystal clear waters of the Seychelles.

Last edited by alanslegal; Jul 30, 2019 at 6:39 am
Old Jul 30, 2019, 8:39 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
In the last 12 months I have been to StRegis BB, StRegis Maldives, and Conrad BB. The answer of what is best for YOU depends entirely of what you prefer. For pure luxury and pampering, Maldives is the choice, but I would not pick Conrad which is dated from what I read. Pick WA Maldives or another top luxury choice. For activities and island views, BB is the choice. You are not stuck on a resort, you can go to the main island.

I would not let the issue of how much is price of the flight PPT-BOB or the cost of the yacht transfer to WA Maldives affect your decision, that is too small in the grand scheme of things.
alanslegal likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by escape4
In the last 12 months I have been to StRegis BB, StRegis Maldives, and Conrad BB. The answer of what is best for YOU depends entirely of what you prefer. For pure luxury and pampering, Maldives is the choice, but I would not pick Conrad which is dated from what I read. Pick WA Maldives or another top luxury choice. For activities and island views, BB is the choice. You are not stuck on a resort, you can go to the main island.

I would not let the issue of how much is price of the flight PPT-BOB or the cost of the yacht transfer to WA Maldives affect your decision, that is too small in the grand scheme of things.
Hi and thank you for your reply. So far i am leaning towards the WA Maldives. I think for now Bora Bora is out. I contacted the WA yesturday and contacted the Conrad Maldives today to see what my options are with my 2 kids. As a diamond Member the WA is trying to charge for my childrens Breakfast where the Conrad from what i heard kids eat free. I am still waiting for the response from Conrad. A 8 or 9 night stay it might make a big difference in costs. I am willing to pay the Boat transfers, etc. but not sure what the cost difference would be between the WA and the conrad when i am feeding kids who are always hungry.

Here is the letter from WA

Warm greetings from Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi, an escape for Unforgettable Experiences!

Thank you for showing your interest to our lovely resort.

We are glad to hear that you discover our lovely island to spend your upcoming holiday with us.

We have our luxury yacht transfer which operates 24/7 and we always arrange the transfer of our guests according to their international flight. Please be informed that we don’t allow any third party boat to enter to our resort premises as we are protecting the privacy and security of our guests.

Our shared luxury yacht transfer fee is fee is at US$300+23.2% Tax and service charge per adult per way. For children below 5 years, the transfer is complimentary and US$150+23.2% Tax and service charge per child per way for children between 6 to 11 years.

Due to the very special nature of the accommodations at our resort we are unable to offer upgraded accommodations. However, we are delighted to offer elite Hilton Honors Diamond Members alternate benefits:

As part your Diamond member benefit, you will be entitled for breakfast at our all day dining restaurant, Tasting Table for 2 guests only.

Hilton Honors DIAMOND MEMBERS:

§ In-villa VIP welcome Champagne, sweet and savoury amenities

§ With a selected 60-minute massage, enjoy a complimentary additional 30-minute at Waldorf Astoria Spa

§ Complimentary daily afternoon delights with a fine selection of beverages crafted by mixologist and sommelier from 16:00 to 17:00 at Peacock Alley

§ 50% special offer on selected beverages at Nava Beach Club from 22:00 to 23:30.

Our breakfast is USD 60 per adult subject to 10% service charge and 12% goods and taxes and for the children that would be on the half rate.

Should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

With kind regards,

Ann

Mary Ann Bascon

Reservations Sales Agent

Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Sorry this is a bit long of a post.

We have been to all three resorts, Conrad Maldives in 2017, Conrad Bora Bora in 2018, then Waldorf Astoria Maldives earlier this month. For reference we have also stayed at the Intercontinental Thalasso Bora Bora in 2016, 2017, and Sheraton Full Moon Maldives in 2012. We have also been to Seychelles in 2016 which we think is fabulous including the world's best beach Anse Lazio and some of the clearest waters I have seen if one wants to snorkel / dive (for us supervised snorkel tours).

It is too simplistic to say which is the better resort so I will try to keep to the main points I feel might change which one chooses over the other.

For points stays; the Conrad Bora Bora is the weakest out of the three where you could end up in the Garden View Suite you have booked. Sure they are nice, 100sqm in size, but they are more like studio apartments with common walls with other neighbours. The Conrad Maldives then have the options between Beach Villas or Water Villas which feel more like a resort island holiday, they are genuinely nice until you see the Waldorf Astoria Maldives, sure there is a slight points premium but these beach villa with pool blow everything out of the water.

For dining, we found Bora Bora dining to be weakest (in terms of choices and quality) out of the three including that at the Intercontinental Thalasso. The Waldorf Astoria has better quality of food out of the three but the Conrad Maldives have dining experiences that the Waldorf Astoria is lacking, such as beach BBQs, beachside japanese grill, being able to dine over the water at Mandhoo, Sunset Grill versus the only over water dining option at WA is Li Long which has four tables and very little overwater ambience. Conrad Maldives you can then dine under the water but the WA you can sit in a bird like cage. Also the WA you are paying 15-30% more than Conrad Maldives generally, and Bora Bora it would have been a further 5-10% less than the Conrad Maldives. WA lacked an island resort feel sunset bar (sure they have the Nava Beach Bar and Amber) but I didn't get sand between my toes and that made it less appealing personally. Both Conrad and WA have an underground wine cellar but to enjoy the latter, you had to spend $300++ pp (or three times than the Conrad eg. cheese fondue) to get the chance to do so.

For service, Maldives wins hands down whilst the locals at French Polynesia operate like its "island" time. Some FP resorts try to employ as many locals as possible but that could either give it a more "local" feeling but losing service (or brand) standard so they need to find the 'right' balance. Now the WA has superior service to the Conrad Maldives but maybe the resort is new, the staff are excited and welcoming, and guests are happy to be there. There were little things that WA staff did (actively opening doors, actively helping with bringing things to the table, meeting guests request even if its not listed) as an advantage. If you wanted something, consider it done.

For the main resort pool; the WA's family pool is gorgeous and wins easily out of all three properties. They also have a long 40 metre adults only pool which is great for laps. Both pools were often close to empty because all the villas have their own private pool. The Conrad Bora Bora pool is decently sized and felt inviting and hence I rank it second. The Conrad Maldive's pool is third because one, it is affected by sea planes and noise and two, it can get crowded because it is such a small pool. Similarly the adult only pool whilst nice, have limited seating.

Now for pricing, you said getting to Papeete or Male is similar so let's look at a rough estimate in cost from said airport to resort:-

Papeete to Bora Bora return flight $500 plus Conrad Bora Bora shuttle (or the free local option).
Male to Conrad Maldives $560++
Male to Waldorf Astoria $700++

The Waldorf is slightly more expensive here, however comparing the Maldive properties, the benefits is that taking the Waldorf Astoria's yacht means you can get to the resort by 11am resort time (they're an hour later, thus you get the first yacht that departs 9am Male time), you can leave the resort as late at the 11pm boat (that connect to SQ flights for example). The Conrad Maldives you are subject to lighting because sea planes only operate in day light, and last flights leave 6pm? or so.

The major benefits I see with Bora Bora is that you have access to main island and top up on snacks / food / alcohol. There are a variety of restaurant options (some touristy like Bloody Marys but hey why not). There is a variety of land tours / excursions / rent a buggy and cruise around the island etc. Also before/after Bora Bora there are other islands you can visit like Moorea and a few dozen more options. You can BYO duty free alcohol to French Polynesia (four bottles of our champagne of choice and two bottle of spirits between me and my wife - buy mixers when we are there). You can't BYO alcohol to the Maldives if you drink or its negligible if you don't drink.

Now the trick question is what would I like? Gosh, in my ideal scenario, I would love the WA's amazing beach villa with pool PLUS the Conrad Maldives dining options (happy to forgo some quality for island ambience) PLUS the resort transplanted onto the Bora Bora motu where the Intercontinental Thalasso currently is - the Thalasso has the most amazing postcard views of the lagoon and Mount Otenamu that Bora Bora is renowned for in my opinion. Oh and just to throw things into the spanner - beaches and crystal clear waters of the Seychelles.
Thank you for taking your time for the long post. I posted the letter i received from WA Maldives. with my reply to escape, i hope you can see that. Leaving Bora Bora out. Is the conrad more kid friendly then the WA? My kids would be 6 and 8 by the time we go. The WA looks amazing and the rooms are huge compared. Would you pick the beach villa at the WA which if i read correctly is 2500sq ft over the basic OWB at conrad. Conrad is under contruction but by dec 2020, im sure most of it would be complete.

The Hilton Seychelles was an all suite hotel. The people were amazing the staff was amazing, It had a small beach with crystal clear water, and can go into town anytime you want. I dont mind being locked on the island at any hotel since we usually dont leave. The sunset cruise through the hotel that we did in the seychelles is also highly recommended.

Also since you are a Marriot person, ever stay at the W Maldives or the westin? I have a lot of points for Marriot as well and am a platinum elite
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
Originally Posted by laguy35
Thank you for taking your time for the long post. I posted the letter i received from WA Maldives. with my reply to escape, i hope you can see that. Leaving Bora Bora out. Is the conrad more kid friendly then the WA? My kids would be 6 and 8 by the time we go. The WA looks amazing and the rooms are huge compared. Would you pick the beach villa at the WA which if i read correctly is 2500sq ft over the basic OWB at conrad. Conrad is under contruction but by dec 2020, im sure most of it would be complete.

The Hilton Seychelles was an all suite hotel. The people were amazing the staff was amazing, It had a small beach with crystal clear water, and can go into town anytime you want. I dont mind being locked on the island at any hotel since we usually dont leave. The sunset cruise through the hotel that we did in the seychelles is also highly recommended.

Also since you are a Marriot person, ever stay at the W Maldives or the westin? I have a lot of points for Marriot as well and am a platinum elite
I'm a Diamond aswell and managed to book the WA Maldives for 5 days over Easter 2020 on points. My kids are 10 and 8.

In communications with the WA - they indicated that they have the biggest kids club in the Maldives with their own kids water activities. Based on this i decided to book at the WA.

In regards to transfers, the seaplanes to the Conrad don't have reduced pricing for kids, whereas the yacht transfer to the WA does have reduced pricing, thus making the cost difference between the two transfer options negligible - nevertheless, it still come to over US$2k.

Looking at the menus at WA - certainly there are some very overpriced options - but we figure conservatively around $500 for food and drink per day minimum.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Hi and thank you for your reply. So far i am leaning towards the WA Maldives. I think for now Bora Bora is out. I contacted the WA yesturday and contacted the Conrad Maldives today to see what my options are with my 2 kids. As a diamond Member the WA is trying to charge for my childrens Breakfast where the Conrad from what i heard kids eat free. I am still waiting for the response from Conrad. A 8 or 9 night stay it might make a big difference in costs. I am willing to pay the Boat transfers, etc. but not sure what the cost difference would be between the WA and the conrad when i am feeding kids who are always hungry.

Here is the letter from WA

Warm greetings from Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi, an escape for Unforgettable Experiences!

Thank you for showing your interest to our lovely resort.

We are glad to hear that you discover our lovely island to spend your upcoming holiday with us.

We have our luxury yacht transfer which operates 24/7 and we always arrange the transfer of our guests according to their international flight. Please be informed that we don’t allow any third party boat to enter to our resort premises as we are protecting the privacy and security of our guests.

Our shared luxury yacht transfer fee is fee is at US$300+23.2% Tax and service charge per adult per way. For children below 5 years, the transfer is complimentary and US$150+23.2% Tax and service charge per child per way for children between 6 to 11 years.

Due to the very special nature of the accommodations at our resort we are unable to offer upgraded accommodations. However, we are delighted to offer elite Hilton Honors Diamond Members alternate benefits:

As part your Diamond member benefit, you will be entitled for breakfast at our all day dining restaurant, Tasting Table for 2 guests only.

Hilton Honors DIAMOND MEMBERS:

§ In-villa VIP welcome Champagne, sweet and savoury amenities

§ With a selected 60-minute massage, enjoy a complimentary additional 30-minute at Waldorf Astoria Spa

§ Complimentary daily afternoon delights with a fine selection of beverages crafted by mixologist and sommelier from 16:00 to 17:00 at Peacock Alley

§ 50% special offer on selected beverages at Nava Beach Club from 22:00 to 23:30.

Our breakfast is USD 60 per adult subject to 10% service charge and 12% goods and taxes and for the children that would be on the half rate.

Should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

With kind regards,

Ann

Mary Ann Bascon

Reservations Sales Agent

Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi
Did anyone notice that the yacht transfer price as quoted by the agent is $300 plus 23.2 % tax/service fee per adult per way. On the Hilton website under their hotel policies states "A shared transfer on the resort's private yacht is charged at US $350 + taxes and service per person per way."
Wonder if they are re-thinking the transfer fee?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Moflav
Did anyone notice that the yacht transfer price as quoted by the agent is $300 plus 23.2 % tax/service fee per adult per way. On the Hilton website under their hotel policies states "A shared transfer on the resort's private yacht is charged at US $350 + taxes and service per person per way."
Wonder if they are re-thinking the transfer fee?
I noticed that too. Could be a sign of things to come, or just a typo in the email. You would think most of that email would be copy and pasted though...
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by slickalick
My kids are 10 and 8.

In regards to transfers, the seaplanes to the Conrad don't have reduced pricing for kids, whereas the yacht transfer to the WA does have reduced pricing, thus making the cost difference between the two transfer options negligible - nevertheless, it still come to over US$2k.
Kids under 12 pay half price fot the seaplane to Rangali
Old Jul 31, 2019, 3:22 pm

There's a side discussion starting on post #1760 on the main WA Maldives thread re Maldives vs BB.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Is the conrad more kid friendly then the WA? My kids would be 6 and 8 by the time we go. The WA looks amazing and the rooms are huge compared. Would you pick the beach villa at the WA which if i read correctly is 2500sq ft over the basic OWB at conrad. Conrad is under contruction but by dec 2020, im sure most of it would be complete.
We don't have kids so can't really comment though I can imagine seeing how the WA private pool with access to the beach can work out quite well. The kids are in the pool whilst the parents are lounging from their daybed under their pergola or from the villa living area itself. Also the WA has a large kid's activity centre so that could work out.

I would be guessing that the base water villas at the Conrad may not be as kid friendly? but they did have daily fish feeding at Mandhoo which children (and adults alike) seemed to enjoy each day.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:00 am

Thank you for taking your time for the long post. I posted the letter i received from WA Maldives. with my reply to escape, i hope you can see that. Leaving Bora Bora out. Is the conrad more kid friendly then the WA? My kids would be 6 and 8 by the time we go. The WA looks amazing and the rooms are huge compared. Would you pick the beach villa at the WA which if i read correctly is 2500sq ft over the basic OWB at conrad. Conrad is under contruction but by dec 2020, im sure most of it would be complete.The Hilton Seychelles was an all suite hotel. The people were amazing the staff was amazing, It had a small beach with crystal clear water, and can go into town anytime you want. I dont mind being locked on the island at any hotel since we usually dont leave. The sunset cruise through the hotel that we did in the seychelles is also highly recommended. Also since you are a Marriot person, ever stay at the W Maldives or the westin? I have a lot of points for Marriot as well and am a platinum elite
I will be less detailed than #alanslegal , because I think he summed it up perfectly. We just completed 10 days at the WA Maldives. Spent last Summer at the Conrad BB (also been to Thalasso and Le Moana in BB). My "perfect world" would be to transplant the WA to BB. We live in San Diego, so BB is clearly more coinvent travel-wise.

I have not stayed at the Conrad Maldives so can not say which is more kid friendly from experience. But I can tell you the WA had many kids (including my 10 year old daughter) and there is plenty to do (though some of it spendy). The kids club is the best I have ever seen! The place was amazing. The have a rotating daily schedule of activates (see my post on the WA Maldives thread for a list). As I understand from the staff they went to Disney World to collect ideas on how to develop their program. My daughter loved going there.

We spent 6 nights in the Grand Beach and 4 nights in the Grand Reef (paid upgrades beyond points reservation). We liked having the mix. You might find the non-Grand versions big enough, but we liked having the living room space so our daughter had her own area and we could close off our room at night. Have done the "OW thing" in the past, so having a true fully OW room was not a must. But I can tell you that the Reef OW (once you enter the gates) is just like the OW. So I would not spend the extra to be in an OW. We snorkeled right off our room. Saw dolphins one night.

We are going back to Conrad BB for 2020 Summer vacation as part of a larger Tahiti vacation. Will be trying some other remote islands/atolls as well. 2021 I think we will be going back to the WA Maldives. For me, that is saying a lot about both those resorts. I am not one to return to the same location, much less the same resorts. But we could not have been happier with both, so why mess with perfection.

On a side note, we went LAX-SIN-MLE there and MLE-DXB-LAX on the way back. Spent a couple days in each. Was a nice way to break up the travel and see some other countries.

TD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.