Free Weekend Award: Exceptions?

Old Jul 29, 19, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Free Weekend Award: Exceptions?

I have two weekend awards, and my wife has one. We're trying to lump them together for a trip. If we stay Friday-Saturday-Sunday nights, would the Sunday count as weekends ? (I know different places consider Sundays differently) What if we did Sat-Sun-Monday..obviously Monday is a weekday and not a weekend, but would HHonors allow us this exception in anyone's experience?

Also, any DPs on booking a Waldorf Astoria with these awards?

Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 19, 5:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Originally Posted by cheaptom View Post
If we stay Friday-Saturday-Sunday nights, would the Sunday count as weekends ? (I know different places consider Sundays differently) What if we did Sat-Sun-Monday..obviously Monday is a weekday and not a weekend, but would HHonors allow us this exception in anyone's experience?

Also, any DPs on booking a Waldorf Astoria with these awards?
Scenario 1 would work, all 3 of those count as "weekend nights" AFAIK. They'll probably tell you to pound sand if you try to use it on a Monday night. No reason you can't use them at a WA, subject to the normal rules, weekend night, standard room.

I think you'll end up with 2 or 3 confirmation numbers, but the hotel will just string them together so you won't have to check in/out.
Old Jul 30, 19, 6:58 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Moderator action

Question transferred to Hilton forum. Even though the certificates are earned with a credit card, American Express is not involved in redemption.
Old Jul 30, 19, 7:21 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Here is the list of excluded Hotels.
https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...nd-reward.html
And here is what it says about weekends: For the purpose of Certificate redemption, a weekend night is defined as a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night, unless specified otherwise on the Reward Certificate.
Old Jul 30, 19, 8:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Yea, trying to use 3 weekend certs together, a Fri-Sat-Sun night combo is your only option.

As to DPs on using these at Waldorf's, not sure what exactly you're looking for, as long as there is the basic/standard points redemption room available then you can use these certificates (assuming of course it is a Fri/Sat/Sun night and not at one of the few excluded properties mentioned above). If you narrow down your search a little then I would take a look at the dedicated threads here for the property to see what award availability looks like.
Old Jul 30, 19, 8:58 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Fri-Sat-Sun is the choice here, not sure why they would make an exception for Monday - rules were put in place for a reason I guess

Search this Thread