Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Playa Del Carmen, An All-Inclusive Resort {MEX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Playa Del Carmen, An All-Inclusive Resort {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, DL Gold, AA Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Gold, National EE, AVIS President
Originally Posted by swim711crazy
Anybody have any suggestion or recommendations for transport from CUN airport?/
I 100% recommend USA Transfers. You can check their website. They provide private transportation -- typically a van -- between the airport any other points. They even provide private charters and tours. I toured Tulum using one of their private charters from PDC to Tulum and had that private vehicle all day.

But for just pure airport transfers from CUN to the Hotel Zone, I still recommend them. They are the only provider I use in the Yucatan.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by swim711crazy
Anybody have any suggestion or recommendations for transport from CUN airport?/
We typically do the private suv from USA transfers, we tried friends travel cancun which was the same price, the vehicle was nicer imho at friends travel cancun.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by poker9ite
So I have my bill that says Hilton, Hilton says it is a Hilton. I was given the 14x for my incidentals so that shows it was a Hilton. The problem I have is the billing for the room stay has a different address and Hilton name from what was given when I checked out. See below.What was used for room stay
HILTON PDC
3950 UNIVERSITY DR 301
FAIRFAX VA 2203

What was used for Incidentals
HILTON PLAYA DEL CARMEN
AV CONSTITUYENTES NUM 2 ESQ 1RA AV NTE
CENTRO SOLIDARIDAD 77710

Were you able to receive Hilton Aspire Resort Credit with the charge with "HILTON PDC 3950 UNIVERSITY DR 301 FAIRFAX VA 2203"?

I paid the future staying fee to get the credit, but not sure it is eligible for the $250 Aspire Credit.

Thanks,

Last edited by akachyan; Nov 16, 2022 at 11:46 am Reason: wrong quote
Old Dec 21, 2022, 9:01 am

How are the vegetarian options?

Does anyone know if the Hilton statement credits offered as part of AMEX SUB's this year can apply at this resort for spas or other charges?
Old Jan 11, 2023, 6:42 pm

Has anyone used their Hilton resort credit while staying there recently? What did you spend it on?
Old Jan 11, 2023, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Eyefly123
Has anyone used their Hilton resort credit while staying there recently? What did you spend it on?
p2 did a girls trip and used it towards the room bill as she booked on cash, spa services charged to the room are also a nice option.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Eyefly123
Put it to good use at the Spa
Old Apr 9, 2023, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by geekboy
I 100% recommend USA Transfers. You can check their website. They provide private transportation -- typically a van -- between the airport any other points. They even provide private charters and tours. I toured Tulum using one of their private charters from PDC to Tulum and had that private vehicle all day.

But for just pure airport transfers from CUN to the Hotel Zone, I still recommend them. They are the only provider I use in the Yucatan.
This was a helpful recommendation. They were slow (20+ minutes waiting at airport for vehicle) on the pickup but polite driver, no issues with van, prompt pick up at hotel for return trip. Would use again. Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2023, 11:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Any recent Diamond visits? Did they upgrade you? I see a couple sporadic past posts from 2022 about the upgrades but we will be there in December this year, mid-month, so should be pretty slow.

Seen lots of reports about dirty beaches...are they still cleaning the seaweed?

My wife has allergies to chemicals...does anyone have any recent experience with the hotel using Febreeze or other air freshener in the rooms? Are the sheets / pillows unscented?

Thanks a bunch!

D
Old Sep 11, 2023, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Does anyone have any suggestions or company names for using 'shared airport transfers'? Where it will be cheaper rather then spending in the region of $150 for private transfer. I will be travelling by myself, so doesn't make sense to spend $150. I know there is ADO Coaches but looking for door to door shared transfer. Thanks
Old Sep 11, 2023, 1:45 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, DL Gold, AA Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Gold, National EE, AVIS President
Originally Posted by Fontana
Does anyone have any suggestions or company names for using 'shared airport transfers'? Where it will be cheaper rather then spending in the region of $150 for private transfer. I will be travelling by myself, so doesn't make sense to spend $150. I know there is ADO Coaches but looking for door to door shared transfer. Thanks
I personally still use private transfers (USA Transfers) even when I'm alone. You can try Cancun Shuttles. I haven't used Cancun SHuttles for private or shared transfers so I can't tell you anything about their reliability. My preference is not to wait for a van to be completely filled with other passengers that may have other stops. Just brings me back to the days of riding Disney transportation from the airport to the hotel and I'm the last stop. It's a premium for convenience, and I believe, in this case, the premium is about $70USD for private versus shared.
Fontana likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 4:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks for your help. There doesn't seem to be much difference between a private transfer and a shared transfer (maybe $20-$30). I was expecting shared transport to be under $100.

Originally Posted by geekboy
I personally still use private transfers (USA Transfers) even when I'm alone. You can try Cancun Shuttles. I haven't used Cancun SHuttles for private or shared transfers so I can't tell you anything about their reliability. My preference is not to wait for a van to be completely filled with other passengers that may have other stops. Just brings me back to the days of riding Disney transportation from the airport to the hotel and I'm the last stop. It's a premium for convenience, and I believe, in this case, the premium is about $70USD for private versus shared.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 11:47 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Greetings from Playa Del Carmen.

I am at this resort property right now. I was upgraded from a garden view suite to a suite with a view of the ocean at no extra cost. I am viewing the Caribbean Sea from my balcony watching storm clouds rain over Cozumel while the weather is sunny and almost clear here.

The beach was not filthy; but much of it is rocky once in the water. An area does exist where the rocks can be avoided.

I find the food here to be of better quality than that of Rose Hall in Jamaica. The staff provides great service and is attentive and friendly. I have no complaints at all — save for a dying palmetto bug in a corner of the bathroom.

I also used USA transfers to get here. At $145.00 plus gratuities round trip from the airport, it is a bit pricey — but it is reliable.
isle-hawg likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Greetings from Playa Del Carmen.

I am at this resort property right now. I was upgraded from a garden view suite to a suite with a view of the ocean at no extra cost. I am viewing the Caribbean Sea from my balcony watching storm clouds rain over Cozumel while the weather is sunny and almost clear here.

The beach was not filthy; but much of it is rocky once in the water. An area does exist where the rocks can be avoided.

I find the food here to be of better quality than that of Rose Hall in Jamaica. The staff provides great service and is attentive and friendly. I have no complaints at all — save for a dying palmetto bug in a corner of the bathroom.

I also used USA transfers to get here. At $145.00 plus gratuities round trip from the airport, it is a bit pricey — but it is reliable.
Im curios.... when peeps said "filthy" beach... is that seaweed?
i was there in July2021 and while we i loved the resort, location and food very good.

Beach was uninhabitable! Foot deep seaweed and that was as my "free cabana" in beach with my suite room.
They compensated by giving me back row pool bed One day
IMO this resort needs to implement umbrellas around the pool areas!
Zero shade unless you buy a bed.
i hope that has changed:-)
Old Sep 29, 2023, 12:50 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Kerrirdh
Im curios.... when peeps said "filthy" beach... is that seaweed?
i was there in July2021 and while we i loved the resort, location and food very good.

Beach was uninhabitable! Foot deep seaweed and that was as my "free cabana" in beach with my suite room.
They compensated by giving me back row pool bed One day
IMO this resort needs to implement umbrellas around the pool areas!
Zero shade unless you buy a bed.
i hope that has changed:-)
Not much seaweed was in the water while I was there. I found the water to be quite nice.

Some umbrellas are around the pool areas; but regardless, I chose to be in the pool either in the morning or at night — when no one else was there; and when the sun was not shining strongly or at all. I avoided being there during the day...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.