Question on Lifetime Diamond

Old Jul 23, 19, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Question on Lifetime Diamond

Does anyone understand how they calculate this who can explain what exactly the following means? I received it fro Hilton and responded asking for clarification where they chose to ignore me. Iím still a Diamond for this year but Iím retired now so this is the end of earning it through the 175 nights a year I was spending in a hotel. The question is on what does 9.88 completed years mean and how does it impact me for obtaining LD? I know I need 10 years and this is my 10th year of being Diamond.

ĒThis email is to confirm that you have reached 9.88 completed years of Diamond status with 1,199 qualifying nights and 1,676,048 base points over the life of your Hilton Honors membership, as of May, 10th, 2019 in progress toward Lifetime Diamond achievement. ď
Old Jul 23, 19, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Sounds like gibberish.

But it has to be 10 years where you QUALIFY for Diamond, not 10 years of BEING Diamond. Probably that means you still need that 30th stay / 60th night during 2019.
Old Jul 23, 19, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

I have qualified for Diamond 10 times. My guess was I had to be Diamond for 10 full years so I had to earn Diamond for an 11th time and I’d reach lifetime qualification at .12 years into my 11th year. I’m to the point of getting tired of trying to get answers from Hilton. I already am Lifetime Plat with Bonvoy so I guess Marriott gets my retirement travel dollars.
Old Jul 23, 19, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Originally Posted by Jump View Post
I have qualified for Diamond 10 times. My guess was I had to be Diamond for 10 full years so I had to earn Diamond for an 11th time and Iíd reach lifetime qualification at .12 years into my 11th year. Iím to the point of getting tired of trying to get answers from Hilton. I already am Lifetime Plat with Bonvoy so I guess Marriott gets my retirement travel dollars.
There's no way to earn Diamond 10 times and not be Diamond for 10 years. Even if you qualified for Diamond on 12/31, you'd still be Diamond for a year.
Old Jul 23, 19, 6:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could the message mean that Hilton doesn't count the Diamond year when it's earned but rather when you have enjoyed the Diamond status for a full year. So if you qualify in August, for example in 8/2010, you become Diamond then, in 8/2010 for the remainder of the 2010 year and for all of next year (2011) and for a couple months into the following year (say to 2/2012). We tend to want to count the year when it's earned in 8/2010, but the quote from Hilton suggests that the year doesn't count until 8/2011, 12/2011, or even 2/2012.
Old Jul 23, 19, 11:00 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Could the message mean that Hilton doesn't count the Diamond year when it's earned but rather when you have enjoyed the Diamond status for a full year. So if you qualify in August, for example in 8/2010, you become Diamond then, in 8/2010 for the remainder of the 2010 year and for all of next year (2011) and for a couple months into the following year (say to 2/2012). We tend to want to count the year when it's earned in 8/2010, but the quote from Hilton suggests that the year doesn't count until 8/2011, 12/2011, or even 2/2012.
It's possible, although it's still no way to relay information to members. Just note that HH has elite status expiring 12/31 of the year following qualification (same as IHG, but unlike WoH/MR which go through February of the next year).

The other thing is, even if @Jump for whatever reason had to qualify 11 times, wouldn't rollover nights do it? So I really think OP has nothing to worry about.

Last edited by gengar; Jul 24, 19 at 12:56 am
Old Jul 24, 19, 12:47 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire, SIXT Diamond
ĒThis email is to confirm that you have reached 9.88 completed years of Diamond status with 1,199 qualifying nights and 1,676,048 base points over the life of your Hilton Honors membership, as of May, 10th, 2019 in progress toward Lifetime Diamond achievement. ď
I have qualified for Diamond 10 times. My guess was I had to be Diamond for 10 full years so I had to earn Diamond for an 11th time and Iíd reach lifetime qualification at .12 years into my 11th year. Iím to the point of getting tired of trying to get answers from Hilton. I already am Lifetime Plat with Bonvoy so I guess Marriott gets my retirement travel dollars.
So on May 10th 2019 you're already 9.88 years in. The way I read it, you'd reach 10 years of Diamond in less than 2 months ?
Old Jul 24, 19, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wantan View Post
So on May 10th 2019 you're already 9.88 years in. The way I read it, you'd reach 10 years of Diamond in less than 2 months ?
I received the email on July 18th so there was something specific about May 10th as a critical date in relation to something.

Last edited by Jump; Jul 24, 19 at 10:42 am
Old Sep 27, 19, 3:07 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
I am having an issue finding out my status for Lifetime Diamond, I've emailed them several times and they seem to be unable to figure it out, any suggestions?
From the Diamond desk:
15 May 2019

“Thank you for your inquiry regarding Lifetime Diamond status. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us. We have submitted your inquiry regarding total paid nights and number of Diamond years with your Base Points earned, reference: XXXXXXXX. You will be contacted within 10 business days.”

10 July 2019

“Thank you for your inquiry regarding your Honors account. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us. Regretfully, I am still unable to provide any updates from reference XXXXXXXX as this is still being researched. Please be advised that we will reach you as soon as the request has been processed. I appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.”

13 September 2019

“Thank you for your inquiry regarding your Honors account. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us. Regretfully, I am still unable to provide any updates from reference XXXXXXXX as this is still being researched. Please be advised that we will reach you as soon as the request has been processed. I appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

Old Sep 27, 19, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1.6M lifetime
Originally Posted by craig44485 View Post
I am having an issue finding out my status for Lifetime Diamond, I've emailed them several times and they seem to be unable to figure it out, any suggestions?
From the Diamond desk:
15 May 2019

ďThank you for your inquiry regarding Lifetime Diamond status. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us. We have submitted your inquiry regarding total paid nights and number of Diamond years with your Base Points earned, reference: XXXXXXXX. You will be contacted within 10 business days.Ē

10 July 2019

ďThank you for your inquiry regarding your Honors account. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us. Regretfully, I am still unable to provide any updates from reference XXXXXXXX as this is still being researched. Please be advised that we will reach you as soon as the request has been processed. I appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.Ē

13 September 2019

ďThank you for your inquiry regarding your Honors account. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us. Regretfully, I am still unable to provide any updates from reference XXXXXXXX as this is still being researched. Please be advised that we will reach you as soon as the request has been processed. I appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.
Before I became a LT Diamond, I inquired using the Chat feature on the HHonors website. The person on the other end told my points, nights, etc within 2 minutes.
Old Sep 27, 19, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Is there any point in ever asking the question? They seem to miss lots of stays and spend. I have been Diamond now for 16 years and about to requalify for the 17th but on the current trajectory will be dead for years before my account ever hits Lifetime Diamond its just laughable and a sad contrast to Lifetime SPG Plat which was briefly worthwhile.
Old Sep 27, 19, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by limey1K View Post
Before I became a LT Diamond, I inquired using the Chat feature on the HHonors website. The person on the other end told my points, nights, etc within 2 minutes.
There are many reports of chat LTD info being extremely inaccurate.
craig44485 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 5:35 pm

A few weeks ago, nearly 200 nights I had been fighting with Hilton for showed up on my account plus an additional two years of Diamond that I didnít realise I had accrued. It seems they ďlostĒ the records. I can only speculate that someone found the pen drive that they left in the back of a taxi.

From now on Iím keeping a close record!
Old Sep 28, 19, 8:54 pm

Programs: United Premier 1k, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond
It means in .12 years you will be LTD, you are good!

Search this Thread