Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Does Canopy Concept Offer Continental Breakfast?

Old Jul 14, 19, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue

Hi all,

Does anyone know or can confirm that the Canopy concept offers complimentary BF?
I was told by an agent of Hilton (live chat) it is complimentary but , what I certainly do not understand is that the rates offered for Canopy are with and without BF.........

Thks!
Old Jul 14, 19, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Originally Posted by HansGlijmans View Post
Does anyone know or can confirm that the Canopy concept offers complimentary BF?
I was told by an agent of Hilton (live chat) it is complimentary but , what I certainly do not understand is that the rates offered for Canopy are with and without BF.........
The Hilton "Member Benefits" page says Gold and Diamond members receive complimentary breakfast at all hotels. What sort of breakfast I can't say.
Old Jul 15, 19, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I understand that all Canopy’s offer a free breakfast to all guests, irrespective of status. The downside is I found the breakfasts subpar, but still way better that a Hampton breakfast.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Jul 15, 19, 12:42 pm

Breakfast at Canopy in Portland, which has been provided to all guests, is vastly superior to just about every other HH breakfast I've had. All locally-sourced and great variety.
aztimm likes this.
Old Jul 16, 19, 10:35 am

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Canopy Washington DC was free breakfast for all.

The canopy in chengdu china charged for their breakfast. We had 2 rooms, so it was complimentary for the family. They were going to charge for my
kids until they figured out the room. One of the best breakfasts Iíve had in a Hilton brand, and near the top of you add in Hyattís Iíve stayed at also.

The rooms themselves were probably the best Iíve ever stayed in. Maybe because itís a new hotel, but amazing rooms and service. Got a bit sidetracked here sorry.
Old Jul 16, 19, 10:39 am

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Canopy Washington DC was free breakfast for all.

The canopy in chengdu china charged for their breakfast. We had 2 rooms, so it was complimentary for the family. They were going to charge for my
kids until they figured out the room. One of the best breakfasts Iíve had in a Hilton brand, and near the top of you add in Hyattís Iíve stayed at also.

The rooms themselves were probably the best Iíve ever stayed in. Maybe because itís a new hotel, but amazing rooms and service. Got a bit sidetracked here sorry.
Old Jul 16, 19, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Chukiechz View Post

The rooms themselves were probably the best Iíve ever stayed in. Maybe because itís a new hotel, but amazing rooms and service.
Agree. Will go out of my way to stay at a Canopy property if at all possible.
Old Jul 16, 19, 7:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post
Agree. Will go out of my way to stay at a Canopy property if at all possible.
So is it: Canopy-->Tapestry-->Curio ?

Too many brands to keep track of!
Old Jul 16, 19, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by aztimm View Post
So is it: Canopy-->Tapestry-->Curio ?

Too many brands to keep track of!
Canopy is a "lifestyle" brand that Hilton developed. The relatively few properties extant seem built and managed to carefully defined brand specifications.

Curio and Tapestry are "portfolio" brands, which afford otherwise independent hotels access to the Hilton Worldwide reservation system and Hilton Honors loyalty program. Most/all of these properties were already in operation and converted to one of the two brands, likely with a few tweaks to meet company standards. Curio Collection consists of four-star hotels, while the lower priced Tapestry Collection consists of three-stars. Similarly, the upcoming LXR brand will house five-star independent hotels.

Search this Thread