Hotel being remodeled right after my stay

Old Jul 14, 19, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BNA, Hhonors
Hotel being remodeled right after my stay

Iím using some points to go to a resort in Florida later this month and noticed that within a few days of the end of my stay the hotel is going to undergo extensive renovations. Iím thinking this is a good reason to cancel and stay somewhere else. I donít really want to be there is leftovers in the process of shutting down. Thoughts?
Old Jul 14, 19, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Scottydoesntknow View Post
Iím using some points to go to a resort in Florida later this month and noticed that within a few days of the end of my stay the hotel is going to undergo extensive renovations. Iím thinking this is a good reason to cancel and stay somewhere else. I donít really want to be there is leftovers in the process of shutting down. Thoughts?
If they are going to be doing prep work, or shutting down the pool or other features, you might have a valid reason. Iíve been to quite a few properties before remodeling, and itís often my favorite trip to the property. Lower occupancy, staff appreciative that youíre there.
Old Jul 14, 19, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I might consider canceling also, under the theory that I don't know if I want to stay somewhere that is in need of extensive renovation?
Old Jul 14, 19, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*A Gold, WN A+ CP, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Gold
I recommend calling the hotel to verify that a) the amenities you wish to use-- pool, gym, barbecue area, etc.-- will not be shutting down early during your stay, and b) there will be no noise, debris, or obstruction from preparations prior to the renovation.
Old Jul 15, 19, 3:53 am

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
Originally Posted by darthbimmer View Post
I recommend calling the hotel to verify that a) the amenities you wish to use-- pool, gym, barbecue area, etc.-- will not be shutting down early during your stay, and b) there will be no noise, debris, or obstruction from preparations prior to the renovation.
Darth Has it right Ė hotels will renovate certain sections and areas at times throughout a renovation process. Common areas are what affect you Ė otherwise, most renovations will be in waves by floors
Old Jul 24, 19, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BNA, Hhonors
In case anybody was wondering, I left the reservation alone and it was a horrible idea. The hotel is in terrible condition and the construction has already started. Used up 320000 points on this reservation, and am horribly disappointed. It’s a waldorf even. I reached out to Hilton and they are doing nothing. They said I got an upgraded room so it’s all good, but I just woke up from a nap due to construction outside.

I did call call the hotel and they said nothing was under construction and all the amenities are still here. They lied to me. Half the staff has quit and nobody is left. They are using people from the sister property next door to keep things open. I’m pretty sure the hotel manager was the server this morning at breakfast.

Search this Thread