Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Well that's new to me - received a video pre-checkin

Old Jul 13, 19, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

I've got reservations for a stay in 7 days at the Doubletree Gatineau, and I just received e-mail with a 'personalised' 1.5min video of the hotel. The personalisation was the video includes my dates of stay.

Anyone else had this or am I just the last to find out? ;-)
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jul 14, 19, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by peter1962 View Post
I've got reservations for a stay in 7 days at the Doubletree Gatineau, and I just received e-mail with a 'personalised' 1.5min video of the hotel. The personalisation was the video includes my dates of stay. Anyone else had this or am I just the last to find out? ;-)
I have received welcome videos from a few Asian Hilton properties - unexpected, but all well done and highly personalized.
Old Jul 14, 19, 7:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titan, AS MVPG&AL, others no status
I have received them from the Hilton Hawaiian Village over the years. I don't watch them now since I'm familiar with the property. They can be useful as an introduction to a hotel, I think.

Last edited by Westcoaster; Jul 14, 19 at 11:11 am Reason: Typo
Old Jul 14, 19, 9:11 am

I just also had something similar to this for the first time last week. It wasn't a pure video, but sort of like a slide show thing. At the end it wanted me to post on social media about my upcoming stay in return for a 20% F&B discount during the stay. Interesting idea - if it was an exotic property worth not-so-humblebragging about I may well have gone for it!
Old Jul 14, 19, 11:05 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
I received one earlier this year from The Diplomat, was very helpful for a first time stay.

Search this Thread