FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Garden Inn Abingdon Oxford {GBR} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1977948-hilton-garden-inn-abingdon-oxford-gbr.html)

Skimanant Jul 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Hilton Garden Inn Abingdon Oxford {GBR}

Stayed here a few weeks back whilst visiting the University, 1 night stay.
Overall, quite impressed! Easy to find from the A40, we took a king room with sofa which was immaculate, the sofa was of great quality and it became a double double. For a UK Garden Inn, good size rooms. The lobby area was very nice, and we chose breakfast and were given a drinks voucher and welcome letter each.
The older/ original part of the hotel is still undergoing refurbishment, we liked the newer part. The lobby/ downstairs area is open plan and huge. Breakfast was good- very similar to the Doubletree Lincoln except you could order freshly cooked eggs here!
Abingdon is also a nice town to visit with some great pubs along the way into town, which is about a half hour walk. You can cut through the park behind the hotel if you know where to go to save time, but the main road way has some nice pubs en route.
There are a number of adjoining doors between rooms, so check if not the preference! Overall, a solid HGI sty.

NoY May 31, 2021 1:23 am

[QUOTE=Skimanant;31299868]Stayed here a few weeks back whilst visiting the University, 1 night stay.

NoY May 31, 2021 1:24 am

Originally Posted by Skimanant (Post 31299868)
Stayed here a few weeks back whilst visiting the University, 1 night stay.

Overall, quite impressed! Easy to find from the A40, we took a king room with sofa which was immaculate, the sofa was of great quality and it became a double double. For a UK Garden Inn, good size rooms. The lobby area was very nice, and we chose breakfast and were given a drinks voucher and welcome letter each.
The older/ original part of the hotel is still undergoing refurbishment, we liked the newer part. The lobby/ downstairs area is open plan and huge. Breakfast was good- very similar to the Doubletree Lincoln except you could order freshly cooked eggs here!
Abingdon is also a nice town to visit with some great pubs along the way into town, which is about a half hour walk. You can cut through the park behind the hotel if you know where to go to save time, but the main road way has some nice pubs en route.
There are a number of adjoining doors between rooms, so check if not the preference! Overall, a solid HGI sty.

Recently stayed here & was rather impressed. I had book a King Junior Suite which was was excellent. Fresh, very spacious & quiet. Upon arrival I was given a drinks voucher & breakfast details. Staff were professional & helpful.

I was told that all meals & brekkie could be served (no extra charge as room service). This was very well handled & of decent quality. I even ordered my complimentary pint of beer from room service at it arrived in about 3 minutes!

Covid breakfast was partially served by staff (hot items) & a small continental buffet was self service. As good a brekkie as most Hilton hotels in UK IME.

Late checkout was offered but I didn't need this. Parking was free of charge. All-in-all an excellent stay & I would most definitely return.