free night award, urgent question!

Old Jul 9, 19, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hertz pres circle, SPG Gold, hilton diamond
free night award, urgent question!

I've just upgraded from an ascend card to the aspire card and was looking to see if I'd been given my free night voucher yet.

Looking in my emails I see I was awarded a night I never used from the Ascend card, the email I got came on 7/11/2018

I upgraded 6/12/2019 to aspire, and assume I should have another free night cert? but believe it takes a few weeks to come through.

Firstly, is my initial free night cert still good,? (im assuming 1 year validity which means I have 2 days to use it...) and can I use both certs for one booking?
Old Jul 10, 19, 4:27 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
It is for weekend nights only so your only possible chance to use it would be Friday 7/11 provided you can check in on the expiration date.
Old Jul 10, 19, 10:22 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by aceman View Post
I've just upgraded from an ascend card to the aspire card and was looking to see if I'd been given my free night voucher yet.

Looking in my emails I see I was awarded a night I never used from the Ascend card, the email I got came on 7/11/2018

I upgraded 6/12/2019 to aspire, and assume I should have another free night cert? but believe it takes a few weeks to come through.

Firstly, is my initial free night cert still good,? (im assuming 1 year validity which means I have 2 days to use it...) and can I use both certs for one booking?
The same thing happened to me. I hadn't realized that I had an unused certificate until I was making a reservation for a certificate I knew I did have. I had called the Diamond Desk to make the reservation and the representative was kind enough to extend my soon-to-expire certificate for a few weeks so that I was able to use it and save my other one for another booking.
Old Jul 10, 19, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hertz pres circle, SPG Gold, hilton diamond
ah, the certificate has to be used by the expiration date? as in stay completed, not just booked??

Search this Thread