Search

New Hampton Inn breakfasts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:00 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
New Hampton Inn breakfasts

Haven't seen any noise about this but it appears Hampton Inn is rolling out a new breakfast lineup. At the Bend, OR location they had a whole display of smoothies made with Chobani yogurt (I tried the mango), as well as "cold-pressed" juices. I didn't notice anything else really different, but the front desk did confirm this was a new offering rolling out to all Hampton Inns, not just theirs.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:18 pm

Have seen that at other locations in the past month. Only the smoothies are new...everything else is just a rebrand.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: United Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
Have seen it a few times. Looks like updated branding with the juice and smoothie offerings new. Have seen some flavored waffles (Cinnamon Roll and Blueberry) offered as well. Hampton breakfasts vary largely by the individual hotel. I have seen some with really nice spreads and others with very bare minimum...
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by missamo80
Haven't seen any noise about this but it appears Hampton Inn is rolling out a new breakfast lineup. At the Bend, OR location they had a whole display of smoothies made with Chobani yogurt (I tried the mango), as well as "cold-pressed" juices. I didn't notice anything else really different, but the front desk did confirm this was a new offering rolling out to all Hampton Inns, not just theirs.
Hampton Inn Lakeland (FL) has been serving the two smoothies (pomegranate and mango) for 6+ months. They also have 3-4 pressed juices. Earlier this month, along with eggs, they had a prime-rib/potato/peppers hash that was excellent. I commented to the kitchen staff and front desk that after 500+ nights across 40+ different Hamptons, their breakfast was the best. Hopefully it rolls out nation-wide!
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
This is great!
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I want real fresh-baked bagels!
allset2travel likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583
Earlier this month, along with eggs, they had a prime-rib/potato/peppers hash that was excellent.
I noticed this new item as well at a stay last week; also noticed that the serving dishes were different (clear lids on the hot servers; egg holders with indentations for individual eggs). Didn't think much about it because this was a property that has always done a little extra (they're one of the properties that does an evening reception, for example). But good to hear that it's apparently part of a broader improvement program*.

*That being said: I have never had any complaints about Hampton breakfasts, given that they are better than what you get at about 50% of US Hiltons, DTs, Conrads (since they usually just give a voucher that can't buy much), and WAs...the only Hilton brands that have more consistency are HGI and ES.
Antonio8069 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Have seen that at other locations in the past month. Only the smoothies are new...everything else is just a rebrand.
Agree...saw the smoothies at Downtown St Peterburg Fl Hampton. Didn't try them, but they also had one (only one, unfortunately) Key Lime Chobani yogurt....excellent!

Hampton Brickell didn't have the smoothies, nor did Hampton Atlanta Cumberland this last 10 days.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:34 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Would that this were a portent of Hampton breakfast brand standards being improved AND local Hamptons being allowed/incentived to some something, preferably local, "extra."

Thinking of one Hampton Inn in Iowa where the manager's spouse made truly excellent homemade gravy for the biscuits and there was a crockpot of it at breakfast (which the manager told me he had to hide when "corporate" came for inspections or he'd get penalized), or the now-no-longer Hampton in Florissant MO where there was an actual woman doing actual cooking of actual biscuits and amazing gravy (no Sysco cans here!).

Holiday Inn Express breakfasts are much better on the whole, but I'm hoping that maybe these new additions are signs that the Hampton breakfasts of ten or twelve years ago might be coming back. Or, at the very least, have some sort of initiative to make sure the pastries are actually fresh and there is always a standalone breakfast meat.

Last edited by cblaisd; Jul 9, 2019 at 5:43 pm
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Holiday Inn Express breakfasts are much better on the whole, but I'm hoping that maybe these new additions are signs that the Hampton breakfasts of ten or twelve years ago might be coming back. Or, at the very least, have some sort of initiative to make sure the pastries are actually fresh and there is always a standalone breakfast meat.
Holiday Inn Express breakfast improved a lot in the past year or so because they figure out how to use non-powdered hot eggs at the same (or lower?) cost as their previous (and everybody else's in this space) powdered hot eggs. I wish Hampton (and Fairfield and others) could copy HIX on this. Thanks goodness Hampton (and Fairfield and some others) have hardboiled eggs, because I hate powdered eggs with a passion.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by arlflyer
That being said: I have never had any complaints about Hampton breakfasts, given that they are better than what you get at about 50% of US Hiltons, DTs, Conrads (since they usually just give a voucher that can't buy much), and WAs...the only Hilton brands that have more consistency are HGI and ES.
U.S. full-service properties no doubt can be stingy with elite breakfast, following Hilton Honors guidelines to the letter in offering only "continental breakfast" (whatever that means). So in that regard, the free-for-everyone breakfast at Hampton might be more extensive. But I wouldn't go so far as to say "better." The quality is generally superior at full-service properties, which prepare fresh food in real kitchens in proper restaurants, as opposed to the frozen and shelf-stable fare at Hampton. There's really no comparison.
Voodoo Daddy and craig44485 like this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I want real fresh-baked bagels!
Dream on!
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by MS02113
The quality is generally superior at full-service properties, which prepare fresh food in real kitchens in proper restaurants, as opposed to the frozen and shelf-stable fare at Hampton. There's really no comparison.
Eh, for the ones that get it right, absolutely no comparison (aside from full-service properties, most HGIs fall into this category, hence my previous comment).

But I've had more dry piles of burnt eggs and hockey-puck sausage patties at "upmarket" properties than I'd care to recall, and would gladly trade any of them for a properly-microwaved (or maybe they use a combi oven, dunno) Sysco frozen omelet, or the elusive Bagel Topper.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Holiday Inn Express breakfast improved a lot in the past year or so because they figure out how to use non-powdered hot eggs at the same (or lower?) cost as their previous (and everybody else's in this space) powdered hot eggs. I wish Hampton (and Fairfield and others) could copy HIX on this. Thanks goodness Hampton (and Fairfield and some others) have hardboiled eggs, because I hate powdered eggs with a passion.
Just give me real scrambled eggs, and I will be happy.
lcohen999 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
We stayed in Sedona at the beginning of June and they had just received their smoothie machine and some fresh hardware (including a dual dispenser for waffles so flavored waffles could be served). Had the smoothies out on one day, but not on the second because the employee hadn’t been trained yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.