Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Booking a rate that includes dinner ( restrictions/ supplements) ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond

Have a stay coming up at doubletree Cambridge belfry in a couple of weeks time, today whilst checking if the prices have come down ( as you do ) I noticed that for dinner included the rate jumps up by £40, so I changed the setting to 2 persons as my lady will be with me and it becomes an extra £45.
To be fair the restaurant is very good here and I feel £45 for dinner for two is good value, however I’ve never booked this rate before and wondered what’s the general concept? ...... is it starter/main / dessert.....is wine included ( probably not I guess ) ....or do they all differ and I need to call them.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:01 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by wizla
Have a stay coming up at doubletree Cambridge belfry in a couple of weeks time, today whilst checking if the prices have come down ( as you do ) I noticed that for dinner included the rate jumps up by £40, so I changed the setting to 2 persons as my lady will be with me and it becomes an extra £45.
To be fair the restaurant is very good here and I feel £45 for dinner for two is good value, however I’ve never booked this rate before and wondered what’s the general concept? ...... is it starter/main / dessert.....is wine included ( probably not I guess ) ....or do they all differ and I need to call them.
Haven't stayed at that hotel, but In my experience at other Hiltons, it's sometimes a special 3 course dinner menu for inclusive dinner rates or it's an allowance of about £25 per person off the a la carte menu. £40 for one extra dinner seems excessive, £45 for two dinners is good value. Problem is that dinner inclusive rates normally include breakfast as well, to which you are entitled as a Diamond member, so they're not always good value for Gold and Diamond members.
:D! and superally51 like this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cjd
Haven't stayed at that hotel, but In my experience at other Hiltons, it's sometimes a special 3 course dinner menu for inclusive dinner rates or it's an allowance of about £25 per person off the a la carte menu. £40 for one extra dinner seems excessive, £45 for two dinners is good value. Problem is that dinner inclusive rates normally include breakfast as well, to which you are entitled as a Diamond member, so they're not always good value for Gold and Diamond members.
Thanks, yes correct it is a breakfast and dinner rate, I did factor that in and that’s what’s stopped me before , however I’ve had dinner here in the restaurant twice before and the bill came to around £65 for two ( I’ve got to say it was very very good! ) , however we did have two glasses of wine too ........ will have to give this some thought....cheers.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you seen this Wizla? Two steaks for £29

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/rive...ge-city-centre
Old Jul 14, 2019, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hugolover
Have you seen this Wizla? Two steaks for £29

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/rive...ge-city-centre
Thanks for the heads up......... that is a great deal!, unfortunately my lady is vegetarian so wouldn’t work for me but I would love that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.