No points for points and money stay

Old Jul 7, 19, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HH diamond, SPG Gold, whole lot of almost on a whole lot of others
No points for points and money stay

Anyone notice the points from the money portion of a points and money stay not posting? I had seen a thread about problems when the rules initially changed but thought that had all been corrected. I had a stay in mid-June that resulted in 0 points. I didn't even get the MyWay points.
jakers3200 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 19, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Glitches happen - you need to report it to Hilton as missing stay credit.
travelinfoo likes this.
Old Jul 8, 19, 11:52 am

Do points and money stays earn points? I don't follow these boards regularly, but assumed they didn't. I have a few stays that I need to request for too, if that's the case.
Old Jul 8, 19, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Dan72 View Post
Do points and money stays earn points? I don't follow these boards regularly, but assumed they didn't. I have a few stays that I need to request for too, if that's the case.
They are technically considered award stays, I believe. However, in most cases that doesn't mean much. The cash co-payment is eligible for points the same as an actual room rate would be, including Elite and promo bonus multipliers.
Dan72 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 19, 1:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold; Flying Blue Ivory
You should get the points:

From the T&Cs

Accrual of points section article 16:

Members may earn Points for incidental charges at a hotel within the Hilton Portfolio during a full Points Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio charges at Waldorf Astoria® Hotels and Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels and Resorts, Canopy™ by Hilton, Hilton®, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™, Embassy Suites®, and Hilton Garden Inn® hotels. Members will not earn Points for incidental charges during a Reward Stay at a Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton® or Home2 Suites by Hilton hotel. Members may, however, earn Points on the money portion of a Points & Money Rewards™ stay at all participating hotels within the Hilton Portfolio, excluding incidental charges at Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton® or Home2 Suites by Hilton hotels. For purposes of counting stays and nights for Elite tier qualification (as explained below) elite status gifting (as explained below) and milestone bonuses (as explained below), Reward Stays will count towards the number of overall stays and nights.
Dan72 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 19, 2:43 am
:D!
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by Dan72 View Post
This changed in April 2017 when Hilton's definition of points and money changed.
Dan72 and writerguyfl like this.
Old Jul 9, 19, 2:48 am

Many thanks to all. I need to try and track these things more closely. I'm disappointed that I am finding HH less reliable than they used to be. Like others, I am in the process of chasing a re-credit from a cancelled part points reservation. I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread, when following up on that.
Points Scrounger likes this.

Search this Thread