Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Do My Way Points accrue on a stay paid with points?

Old Jul 5, 19, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold

I recently had two points award stays, at a Hilton and HGI. Both rooms were booked on points. I did not take breakfast on either stay, and confirmed that the My Way points would be credited upon check-out. But neither stay has posted these points. Is there any difference between a paid stay and one covered by points when it comes to earning these My Way extra points?
Old Jul 5, 19, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
No, no difference. Those points should have posted along with the stay. If they haven't it's time for you to chase them down.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Jul 5, 19, 11:01 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Just to state the obvious, was your profile set to points on the day of checkout and unchanged until the stay posted?
Old Jul 6, 19, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by :D! View Post
Just to state the obvious, was your profile set to points on the day of checkout and unchanged until the stay posted?
Yep. Unless your account is set to points you're not getting points...

I generally leave my account set to points and then try to change it to breakfast at the hotel.
Old Jul 6, 19, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Thanks for the clear and helpful feedback. My points did indeed post a day later than usual, perhaps due to the HGI having just opened for business at London Heathrow.

Search this Thread