Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

My Challenge to Stay at Every Waldorf Astoria Hotel Globally

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond.

If Hilton did a Hotel challenge would you be tempted to complete it?

I am looking to visit/stay in every Waldorf Astoria globally. Would love to see if any others have this same motivation for visiting hotels. Currently I am also trying to fly every Airline in the world once....
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:06 am

Cool story bro.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:37 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Sure, if they gave me lifetime 50% off all rates at WA I'd stay in them all, although I don't think I would be allowed to visit Jeddah and I have no desire to visit the USA.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Stuffed Toys from Conrad Hotels...which ones do you have?

Some people are informally trying to collect all of the Conrad stuffed animals.

But no... I wouldn't want to stay at ANY W/A, much less all of them. Good luck if that's what excites you...
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Ive got to be honest, I have a fascination to visit every Hilton in the uk, I know it’s a little sad and yes I have way to much time on my hands but I’ve done most of them, I’ve used every Hilton executive lounge in the uk except Hilton Edinburgh Carlton ( I will conquer this one soon with a road trip)....... so yes I do “ get it “........ sounds like fun.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Rizla
If Hilton did a Hotel challenge would you be tempted to complete it?

I am looking to visit/stay in every Waldorf Astoria globally. Would love to see if any others have this same motivation for visiting hotels. Currently I am also trying to fly every Airline in the world once....
No. This is just odd, IMO.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:26 pm

Depends on what they offered for the challenge. I'd likely say no, though. I get that for some people the hotel itself is the destination. For me it's somewhere to sleep and have breakfast, so there's not a chance I'd be lured into some kind of challenge that I couldn't attain through my corporate Hilton bookings.
B3nder and :D! like this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Ive got to be honest, I have a fascination to visit every Hilton in the uk, I know it’s a little sad and yes I have way to much time on my hands but I’ve done most of them, I’ve used every Hilton executive lounge in the uk except Hilton Edinburgh Carlton ( I will conquer this one soon with a road trip)....... so yes I do “ get it “........ sounds like fun.
There's a new Hilton UK executive lounge opening around 8 weeks from now.

Probably taking you further north than you're used to.
wizla likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by kkong42
There's a new Hilton UK executive lounge opening around 8 weeks from now.

Probably taking you further north than you're used to.
Hilton Aberdeen Techa yeah?........ good point!.....I need to incorporate that into the road trip!
Old Jul 5, 2019, 11:00 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by wizla
I am visiting every railway line in the UK so when this is done I will likely end up having stayed at most UK Hiltons (incl Hampton, DT, HGI). If I visit a city with multiple Hiltons several times, I will try to stay in each property at least once - but only when the price works for me.

So I will probably never stay in some Hiltons, such as Heathrow "T5" and most of the London ones unless I sell my house.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My goal is to stay in every Campanile in France
hugolover likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by :D!
I am visiting every railway line in the UK so when this is done I will likely end up having stayed at most UK Hiltons (incl Hampton, DT, HGI). If I visit a city with multiple Hiltons several times, I will try to stay in each property at least once - but only when the price works for me.

So I will probably never stay in some Hiltons, such as Heathrow "T5" and most of the London ones unless I sell my house.
Cool...... I’ve done the math, if I take a week off I can stay at all the uk Hilton’s I’ve not done yet ( there is 9 ).
Starting in Sussex ( Avisford park ), then a night in London ( Hilton Euston), across to the two Bracknell ones, then reading, down to bath, then upto Hilton Manchester airport, on to Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor, up to Aberdeen then finishing in Hilton Edinburgh Carlton....... just gotta wait until Hilton Aberdeen teca opens..... this would be fun along with the trip reports.
:D!, Abidjan and delinquentwoody like this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by :D!

Good luck to find a Hilton on the Cumbria coastal!
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:52 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I wonder what Honors/WA loyalists would suggest as the best WA properties in the portfolio?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I wonder what Honors/WA loyalists would suggest as the best WA properties in the portfolio?
There's a thread for that*

Best Waldorf Astoria properties in the world?

*The being flyertalk, there are probably at least five; I just linked to the first one google popped out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.