Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal {MEX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ps9a
Menu to all restaurants (prices not inclusive of 15% service charge and 16% taxes)- https://www.qrcabowa.com/masterwa0

120K standard room award needs to be available to be able to use credit card free night cert
https://www.hilton.com/en/waldorf-astoria/
select flexible dates and points stay. Search for one night stays and you should see available dates
Certs are able to be used any night of the week in 2020 and also in 2021

All the rooms point in the same, basic direction. That direction is "towards the water" with only a little east-vs-west angle to the patio views.
Request a high floor for best view
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wa...4d-109.9121528

If you have kids- a smaller size casita closer to the family and kid pools are better than the larger villas that are a hike away at the vet back of the property

Continental Breakfast is free for diamonds. $20 ++ 31% upcharge for the hot buffet (egg station with Mexican food option; very small and limited size
buffet)

Whale watching season runs Dec 15 - April 15

Print Wikipost

Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2021, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2
Are you sure? I thought the Pacific View ones were the ones set much farther back from the water on the East side of the resort.
FWIW, my booking was also "upgraded" to "OCEAN VIEW DELUXE-PLUNGE POOL-KING BEDROOM" - what a mouthful - which seems kind of early for a Diamond upgrade (the stay is still 2 month away). Personally, I'm gonna temper my expectations. In case the room designation ends up dropping just as magically as it went up, or if anything at all is less than stellar - I'm not gonna let it hold me back from enjoying the heck out of it!

(I'm gonna come out in the evening and inspect the outside for roaches. One of my fondest memories of Guadalajara is observing two giant roaches bumping uglies on a sculpture in a central square. So romantic!)
Old Nov 1, 2021, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by LA_FadeAway
Thank you. I guess I'm going to need to call. I also have trouble with my Hilton Los Cabos points too where they did not give points on F&B gratuities. I already tried emailing the folios from both the WA Cabo and the Hilton (separately) to the Hilton Diamond Desk email but I keep getting the same form letter replies that are in no way helpful. It's like they don't even read the emails. I did all the math for them, but got same form letter again, just from a different person. Really pathetic.
Did you try Twitter? I had luck getting them to credit extra points in case of discrepancies. Especially if you point out how unhelpful the hotel itself had been.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 5:26 am

Just looked on Hilton.com out of curiosity and there were 5 consecutive nights in April available at 120k, so I booked them.
I thought these were difficult to get
brodielayne likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 11:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Tried to call this hotel multiple times today and always got the busy tone.. how do you guys reach them by phone?

Planned a spontaneous trip for next week using free night certificates, few questions below will appreciate anyone who stayed here recently to clarify.
1. Are the constructions still going on or completed? I read a few review that the construction really discounted the experience the post few months.
2. Looks like no Covid testing travelling to Los Cabos for fully vaccinated travelers. How about heading back to the US, does the hotel provide Covid test at what costs? (30USD still?)
3. El Farallon seems completely booked out on OpenTable, is there priority for hotel guests to dine in at any giving night? Prior reservation recommended?
4. We have 2x$250 Amex Aspire resort credits to burn, likely will be all gone dining at the hotel in couple days. Has anyone tried their SPA?
5. Any recommended on the airport transfer shuttle service?
6. What are the likely upgraded rooms for Diamond member?
Old Nov 6, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by zoneflyer
Tried to call this hotel multiple times today and always got the busy tone.. how do you guys reach them by phone?

Planned a spontaneous trip for next week using free night certificates, few questions below will appreciate anyone who stayed here recently to clarify.
1. Are the constructions still going on or completed? I read a few review that the construction really discounted the experience the post few months.
2. Looks like no Covid testing travelling to Los Cabos for fully vaccinated travelers. How about heading back to the US, does the hotel provide Covid test at what costs? (30USD still?)
3. El Farallon seems completely booked out on OpenTable, is there priority for hotel guests to dine in at any giving night? Prior reservation recommended?
4. We have 2x$250 Amex Aspire resort credits to burn, likely will be all gone dining at the hotel in couple days. Has anyone tried their SPA?
5. Any recommended on the airport transfer shuttle service?
6. What are the likely upgraded rooms for Diamond member?
Questions I can answer with certainty:
2. yes and $30 USD
3. yes
4. spa ok, seemed overpriced for what we got
5. see numerous recommendations in this thread
krazykanuck and zoneflyer like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Did everyone get contacted before your stay? Less than a week away and no contact for either of our reservations from separate accounts.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 6:27 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by italdesign
Did everyone get contacted before your stay? Less than a week away and no contact for either of our reservations from separate accounts.
It has varied depending on your assigned concierge person. Sometimes bounteous messages, sometimes nothing, so I had to reach out. Then they ignored my requests.

Last edited by kirkwoodj; Nov 10, 2021 at 6:54 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 10, 2021, 6:29 am

We have a stay starting on Nov 15 and an email was sent to us on Nov 3rd from their concierge team.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 1:35 pm

I have a family of 4 - no points room qualify?

Kid 1 is 6 months old
Kid 2 is 2 years old

Then me and my wife
Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Cheerag Shaw

Kid 1 is 6 months old
Kid 2 is 2 years old

Then me and my wife
All rooms are points rooms, but only one category is a 'standard' rate points room, others are premium award rates. The basic room category, as does most of the other room categories really, state max occupancy of 3. But in most hotels the max occupancy is flexible, especially in your case with a baby. You would need to discuss direct with the hotel. Typically you would simply book the standard rate award room, and then subsequently contact the hotel to ask/confirm that you will have two small kids with you.
Cheerag Shaw likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Just looked on Hilton.com out of curiosity and there were 5 consecutive nights in April available at 120k, so I booked them.
I thought these were difficult to get
Astounding find! I didn't see any 3 consecutive nights through the end of the calendar. PM me if you cancel please :>)

They show sold out from Sept 8 through year end. Closing for renovations?
Old Nov 12, 2021, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Cheerag Shaw

Kid 1 is 6 months old
Kid 2 is 2 years old

Then me and my wife
I've been in touch with them about this. Here is their response:

"Up to 3 [adults] with an additional $100USD charge per night [for the 3rd adult]. We are also able to accommodate 2 adults and 1 child up to 12 years of age with no charge."
Old Nov 12, 2021, 7:22 am

I've been in touch with them about this. Here is their response:

"Up to 3 [adults] with an additional $100USD charge per night [for the 3rd adult]. We are also able to accommodate 2 adults and 1 child up to 12 years of age with no charge."
Did you specifically ask whether your particular situation is ok for one room? That response looks like a template response to a generic 'what is the max occupancy' question.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Did you specifically ask whether your particular situation is ok for one room? That response looks like a template response to a generic 'what is the max occupancy' question.
I asked about 3 adults. Got the fee waived by pointing out it was never disclosed during booking or email confirmation.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 7:47 am

I asked about 3 adults. Got the fee waived by pointing out it was never disclosed during booking or email confirmation.
Oops, sorry I thought you were the one previously asking about getting 4 people in the room if one is a baby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.