Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal {MEX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ps9a
Menu to all restaurants (prices not inclusive of 15% service charge and 16% taxes)- https://www.qrcabowa.com/masterwa0

120K standard room award needs to be available to be able to use credit card free night cert
https://www.hilton.com/en/waldorf-astoria/
select flexible dates and points stay. Search for one night stays and you should see available dates
Certs are able to be used any night of the week in 2020 and also in 2021

All the rooms point in the same, basic direction. That direction is "towards the water" with only a little east-vs-west angle to the patio views.
Request a high floor for best view
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wa...4d-109.9121528

If you have kids- a smaller size casita closer to the family and kid pools are better than the larger villas that are a hike away at the vet back of the property

Continental Breakfast is free for diamonds. $20 ++ 31% upcharge for the hot buffet (egg station with Mexican food option; very small and limited size
buffet)

Whale watching season runs Dec 15 - April 15

Print Wikipost

Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:53 pm

Just released Mar 20-23
Old Oct 10, 2021, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by brodielayne
Just released Mar 20-23
Thank you! Took it, and now going to see if I can swing the flights without losing too many miles.
brodielayne likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:08 pm

Does anyone have suggested airport transportation options? Have a stay starting 2 weeks from today! Any other tips would be much appreciated!
Old Oct 12, 2021, 7:48 pm

We went with https://www.elikertransfer.com/ and everything went very smoothly.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:06 pm
fMD

Any tips for booking with free nights? Looking at the end of January and there's no availability. Seems like a fantastic property (minus the construction)
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by fMD
Any tips for booking with free nights? Looking at the end of January and there's no availability. Seems like a fantastic property (minus the construction)
Check often. I recently released a few nights in Jan that I booked not too long ago. I booked a night there next month just yesterday.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 4:54 am

Hilton are certainly doing well out of this purchase. Looking back at the rates just prior to Hilton takeover, mid 2019 the Pedregal had a rate of $425 for a base room. Quite a bit higher now...
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Does anyone have an email they'd suggest using to contact the hotel to inquire about upgrading (paid or complimentary)? Thanks!
Sorry I'm a little late on the reply, but in case you still need contact info:

Guest Room Reservations
844-487-3391
[email protected]?subject...20Reservations
Six Travelers likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
I recommend verifying that you got the correct number of base points for your spend over 4 nights (10 points per dollar). I stayed two nights using free night certificates and they transferred my F&B spend balance from the first reservation to the second reservation. But when I checked out, they only have me points for the spend on my second day. I had to email the Diamond support desk to sort it out.
I know this is an old post but if the OP is still around or if anyone else encountered this same scenario please let me know exactly how you got it resolved. I'm in the same situation. Started with three seperate reservations that got merged and only received points on the last night's spend. $600+ F&B spend on our first two nights did not receive base or bonus points. The folio does not give the details and just refers to it as "rollover" charges. I have emailed Honors customer service and am getting the run around. They clearly can't be bothered to do the math to help sort it out. Total folio just under $1k but only 2600 base points. I have emailed the hotel to see if they can give me the detailed folios that make up the "rollover" amount in hopes that I can use that to sway the Diamond Desk to help sort this out. Just looking for any pointers while I await the detailed folios.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by fMD
Construction should be complete by now. I would love to go back and try it out now!
Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:48 pm

Has anyone had any luck with a paid upgrade during a reward stay? Going in early December for 6 nights (5 nights for 480k + 1 FNC). Booked a 'Pacific View King', reservation now says 'Ocean View King'. Assuming I got an upgrade due to Diamond status. Given the weather in early December (mid/upper 70's) I was thinking that one of the 'Ocean View Vista' rooms on the top floor would be nice with the extra sun. Curious on prices or if it's even possible. Thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2021, 12:55 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by Col_Man
Has anyone had any luck with a paid upgrade during a reward stay? Going in early December for 6 nights (5 nights for 480k + 1 FNC). Booked a 'Pacific View King', reservation now says 'Ocean View King'. Assuming I got an upgrade due to Diamond status. Given the weather in early December (mid/upper 70's) I was thinking that one of the 'Ocean View Vista' rooms on the top floor would be nice with the extra sun. Curious on prices or if it's even possible. Thanks!
My understanding is that "Pacific View" and "Ocean View" are the same thing, but the first one is the only room type available for standard redemptions. It's essentially an inventory management trick.

Speaking of inventory, they opened up some standard rooms for Dec 24-26. Just booked a stay with FNC, and there seems to be more available for those dates.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by LA_FadeAway
I know this is an old post but if the OP is still around or if anyone else encountered this same scenario please let me know exactly how you got it resolved. I'm in the same situation. Started with three seperate reservations that got merged and only received points on the last night's spend. $600+ F&B spend on our first two nights did not receive base or bonus points. The folio does not give the details and just refers to it as "rollover" charges. I have emailed Honors customer service and am getting the run around. They clearly can't be bothered to do the math to help sort it out. Total folio just under $1k but only 2600 base points. I have emailed the hotel to see if they can give me the detailed folios that make up the "rollover" amount in hopes that I can use that to sway the Diamond Desk to help sort this out. Just looking for any pointers while I await the detailed folios.
I have found emailing Hilton to be a complete joke. You may have some luck contacting the Diamond Desk (if Diamond). Know in advance how many points and your math, and they should be able to do a courtesy adjustment. The problem I've run into (Hilton Los Cabos) is that for some reason Hilton doesn't have ready access to the folio and so then they ask you to email it in and by then everything seems to get lost in the shuffle. I finally gave up and forfeited like 18k points.

I ran into the same issue with an IHG Mr and Mrs Smith property, where IHG couldn't see the folio. Mr and Mrs Smith had it resolved within hours, versus the no resolution I've experienced with Hilton.

Last edited by Six Travelers; Oct 28, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Old Oct 30, 2021, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by TGARCIA2885
I have found emailing Hilton to be a complete joke. You may have some luck contacting the Diamond Desk (if Diamond). Know in advance how many points and your math, and they should be able to do a courtesy adjustment. The problem I've run into (Hilton Los Cabos) is that for some reason Hilton doesn't have ready access to the folio and so then they ask you to email it in and by then everything seems to get lost in the shuffle. I finally gave up and forfeited like 18k points.

I ran into the same issue with an IHG Mr and Mrs Smith property, where IHG couldn't see the folio. Mr and Mrs Smith had it resolved within hours, versus the no resolution I've experienced with Hilton.
Thank you. I guess I'm going to need to call. I also have trouble with my Hilton Los Cabos points too where they did not give points on F&B gratuities. I already tried emailing the folios from both the WA Cabo and the Hilton (separately) to the Hilton Diamond Desk email but I keep getting the same form letter replies that are in no way helpful. It's like they don't even read the emails. I did all the math for them, but got same form letter again, just from a different person. Really pathetic.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 9:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by martzipan
My understanding is that "Pacific View" and "Ocean View" are the same thing, but the first one is the only room type available for standard redemptions. It's essentially an inventory management trick.

Speaking of inventory, they opened up some standard rooms for Dec 24-26. Just booked a stay with FNC, and there seems to be more available for those dates.
Are you sure? I thought the Pacific View ones were the ones set much farther back from the water on the East side of the resort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.