FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Best hotel in Vancouver, Toronto, or Seattle to use anniversary award? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1974898-best-hotel-vancouver-toronto-seattle-use-anniversary-award.html)

lsquare Jun 20, 2019 2:58 pm

Best hotel in Vancouver, Toronto, or Seattle to use anniversary award?

I'm kind of new to the Hilton Aspire card. Which property in either of these 3 cities can be used with the award? Which will give the best value?

Chicago Wine Geek Jun 20, 2019 2:59 pm

I've stayed at the Hilton in downtown Toronto and it's really nice and really expensive. The Hilton in Vancouver is ok and it's been 20 years since I've been to Seattle.

lsquare Jun 20, 2019 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Chicago Wine Geek (Post 31223468)
I've stayed at the Hilton in downtown Toronto and it's really nice and really expensive. The Hilton in Vancouver is ok and it's been 20 years since I've been to Seattle.

You're referring to the Hilton that is actually in Burnaby, BC right? Does Hilton have any luxury properties in Vancouver or in development?

lcohen999 Jun 20, 2019 3:06 pm

Hilton does not have a nice downtown Vancouver property. Only a Hampton Inn

Toronto has a great HGI a very nice Hilton and a good DoubleTree all downtown

I cannot speak for SEA though

BlueZebra Jun 20, 2019 3:19 pm

Do you have any significant interests in any of the cities...something you are really interested in doing/seeing?

lsquare Jun 20, 2019 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by BlueZebra (Post 31223536)
Do you have any significant interests in any of the cities...something you are really interested in doing/seeing?

These are the cities that I'll most likely use the code within the next 12 months.

The _Banking_Scot Jun 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi,

The Hilton Toronto is a very good hotel , with a good lounge ( good views of the CN tower) , reasonable pool ( both indoors and outdoors) good city centre location and with lots to do in Toronto ( and trips to Niagara Falls and niagara on the lake)

Hilyon Vancouver ( in Burnaby as mentioned above) is a bit away from Downtown vancouver but is close to the sky train ( there is another Hilton in Richmond ( Hilton vancouver airport ) that might be close to the Canada line for downtown

Regards

TBS

jbeckett Jun 20, 2019 4:14 pm

The anniversary award is valid at any Hilton family hotel on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, where a standard award night is available.

Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant Jun 20, 2019 4:20 pm

Nice lounge in the Hilton Vancouver BC (Burnaby). I also have stayed at the Vancouver Hampton downtown, and other than the location for some things, I really preferred the Hilton Vancouver.
The little Asian market-mall beneath the Hilton is a fun addition, especially if you are in the mood for some weird-food snack shopping.

Seattle: Straight up maximizing your value, the Seattle properties are going to cost more than the Hilton Vancouver. So if you're looking to squeeze dollars out of that Aspire credit, Seattle will probably be best. Lots of decent new choices just built recently to pick from. The Charter (new Curio getting good reviews - haven't stayed yet though), and the Embassy Suites Pioneer Square (big rooms, brand new), and the Sound Tapestry (new, smack downtown in the touristy zone/Pike Market/etc.)

Hilton Seattle is reliable, but nothing special. I used to really like the lounge views before they changed it... The old lounge/breakfast view was better before the 'refurb' downsized it all.

lsquare Jun 20, 2019 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 31223679)
Hi,

The Hilton Toronto is a very good hotel , with a good lounge ( good views of the CN tower) , reasonable pool ( both indoors and outdoors) good city centre location and with lots to do in Toronto ( and trips to Niagara Falls and niagara on the lake)

Hilyon Vancouver ( in Burnaby as mentioned above) is a bit away from Downtown vancouver but is close to the sky train ( there is another Hilton in Richmond ( Hilton vancouver airport ) that might be close to the Canada line for downtown

Regards

TBS

You're right! Of the two Hilton properties in the Metro Vancouver area, which one is better?

lsquare Jun 20, 2019 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant (Post 31223722)
Nice lounge in the Hilton Vancouver BC (Burnaby). I also have stayed at the Vancouver Hampton downtown, and other than the location for some things, I really preferred the Hilton Vancouver.
The little Asian market-mall beneath the Hilton is a fun addition, especially if you are in the mood for some weird-food snack shopping.

Seattle: Straight up maximizing your value, the Seattle properties are going to cost more than the Hilton Vancouver. So if you're looking to squeeze dollars out of that Aspire credit, Seattle will probably be best. Lots of decent new choices just built recently to pick from. The Charter (new Curio getting good reviews - haven't stayed yet though), and the Embassy Suites Pioneer Square (big rooms, brand new), and the Sound Tapestry (new, smack downtown in the touristy zone/Pike Market/etc.)

Hilton Seattle is reliable, but nothing special. I used to really like the lounge views before they changed it... The old lounge/breakfast view was better before the 'refurb' downsized it all.

Thx for the comment. If you were to pick a Seattle property, which one would you go with?

The _Banking_Scot Jun 20, 2019 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 31223742)
You're right! Of the two Hilton properties in the Metro Vancouver area, which one is better?

Hi,

It has been a while since I have been to Vancouver and whilst the Vancouver airport was good ( I was there before the Canada line was built) the rooms were good (renovated in 2015) I liked the Hilton Vanocver Metrotown ( Bunaby) with its lounge, the market-mall down stairs and the shopping centre and skytrain access close by (5 -10min walk) . The fitness centre was a little small and the pool was long but narrow ( but did not use it that much ) and the skytrain journey into downtown was not too bad.. I was upgraded to large suites on a couple of occasions. Views are quite good and the restaurant was good for dinner also.

Regards

TBD

BenSenise Jun 20, 2019 6:37 pm

it really depends on what you plan on doing in Vancouver but the hilton in metrotown (burnaby) is a ways away from the center of the city. the airport location is a little bit closer but still far.
regardless of the "value" of the reward, i personally would choose the downtown hampton solely for its location. you won't want to go back to the hotel to freshen up before going out to dinner unless you go out to dinner near the hotel.
otherwise, use the award for another city.

_fx Jun 20, 2019 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 31223744)
Thx for the comment. If you were to pick a Seattle property, which one would you go with?

Is your goal simply to stay at the nicest property, or does location matter to you?

lsquare Jun 21, 2019 12:07 am

Originally Posted by _fx (Post 31224488)

Is your goal simply to stay at the nicest property, or does location matter to you?

I want both if possible.