Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Best hotel in Vancouver, Toronto, or Seattle to use anniversary award?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best hotel in Vancouver, Toronto, or Seattle to use anniversary award?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by lsquare
Thx for the comment. If you were to pick a Seattle property, which one would you go with?
Suppose I’d look into which of the two new brands (Curio vs. Tapestry) has the more interesting food benefits. I think I stayed in a Curio in Iceland that had an included dinner option that was fantastic. But I’m easily swayed by good chow or a lounge with snacks. We all value something.
lsquare and Single_Flyer like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Thx for the comment. If you were to pick a Seattle property, which one would you go with?
It's not in Vancouver (and I'm not sure what the limitation on the anniversary night are), but the Hilton in Whistler is quite nice and definitely much nicer than the Vancouver properties.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant

Hilton Seattle is reliable, but nothing special. I used to really like the lounge views before they changed it... The old lounge/breakfast view was better before the 'refurb' downsized it all.
I only stayed there once but I do vividly recall the lounge being perched right about the freeway and it was very cool at rush hour to watch below. Is that gone now?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:00 am

OP, if you're going to be in all of these cities in the next 12 months as you note (though the language used is very strange), then why not just look at the prices for the dates when you'll plan to be in those cities and redeem where the rate is highest, thus maximizing avoided cost?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:14 am

The Doubletree in Victoria is actually pretty decent, located right in the city center (also a short walk from the seaplane terminal). The rooms have a nice view of the city and harbor, and my suite upgrade on my last stay was just icing on the cake. But if you have a free night in any hotel, you should be looking at WA/Conrad to get the most bang for your buck, which would likely require a trip to Chicago or NY (or points beyond).
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:00 am
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
I want both if possible.
Charter or The Sound Hotel have the best locations unless you love sports. The main Hilton is also decent but make sure you request a room not facing the highway.
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:09 am

The Arctic Club in Seattle is very beautiful and unique, but our room was very noisy. Lovely place with a good restaurant.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:25 am

Hilton in downtown Toronto...highly recommend.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
The Arctic Club in Seattle is very beautiful and unique, but our room was very noisy.
It's also haunted by roving hordes of ghost walruses.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer
It's also haunted by roving hordes of ghost walruses.
Well, we did see a bunch of fat businessmen in the lounge...
arlflyer likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Echo the sentiment about the Arctic club in Seattle...definitely worth a stay but it's old. I haven't stayed but I hear the Curio and Tapestry are really nice. Also, the Victoria Doubletree was nice except for the breakfast (very poor service)...but Victoria alone was worth the trip.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Seattle: Straight up maximizing your value, the Seattle properties are going to cost more than the Hilton Vancouver. So if you're looking to squeeze dollars out of that Aspire credit, Seattle will probably be best. Lots of decent new choices just built recently to pick from. The Charter (new Curio getting good reviews - haven't stayed yet though), and the Embassy Suites Pioneer Square (big rooms, brand new), and the Sound Tapestry (new, smack downtown in the touristy zone/Pike Market/etc.)

Hilton Seattle is reliable, but nothing special. I used to really like the lounge views before they changed it... The old lounge/breakfast view was better before the 'refurb' downsized it all.
This is the right answer for Seattle. But if you are going over summer, properties may be sold out for free nights.

The Charter is your best bet in my opinion. New and best location.

The Arctic Club is a good option too. Don't know about The Sound but it's a bit north of downtown (closer to the Space Needle). Embassy Suites would be fun on a Seahawks game day as it is next to the stadium.

I would avoid any other properties in the Seattle area.
_fx and lsquare like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:57 pm
_fx

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Don't know about The Sound but it's a bit north of downtown (closer to the Space Needle).
I haven't stayed there either, but IMO the location is excellent. Tons of great bars and restaurants nearby, and the scene is a bit more fun/local than the tourist/business options in Downtown proper. Also, it's right in-between both the major tourist centers (Space Needle / Pike Place), each about a 10-15 min walk.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:45 pm

What exactly is considered "downtown" Seattle?

We go up often for one or two night leisure stays and I always pick the best location for what we'll be doing (Hilton for the Art Museum, Hampton for the Space Needle/Mopop area, etc.). Next time we're staying at the Sound because it's near where we want to be. But what is downtown? Pike Place? Westlake? Pioneer Square? The Financial District which I have no idea where that is?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:54 pm
_fx

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
What exactly is considered "downtown" Seattle?

We go up often for one or two night leisure stays and I always pick the best location for what we'll be doing (Hilton for the Art Museum, Hampton for the Space Needle/Mopop area, etc.). Next time we're staying at the Sound because it's near where we want to be. But what is downtown? Pike Place? Westlake? Pioneer Square? The Financial District which I have no idea where that is?
North of Pike Place / Westlake is Belltown.
South of Yesler is Pioneer Square.
East of I-5 is Capitol/First Hill.
Area in-between these is Downtown.

The difference is subtle, but you'll notice when you leave downtown the number of 4-5 star hotels drops quickly, and the skyscrapers 1) disappear or 2) become either residential or Amazon instead of general-purpose towers.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.