Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Aspire benefit questions: Free Night + Resort Credit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,
I might upgrade my Hilton no fee card to Aspire, but I'm unsure how the benefits work.
1. Can I book a resort stay with the free weekend night and use the resort credit for meals there?
2. Or can I use the resort credit to just pay for the room (and maybe pay for one night with the free weekend night and another with the resort credit)?
3. What about booking a room with points and using the resort credit for resort fees/meals? Is that allowed?
4. The free weekend night - does that mean Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night stays?

Also curious about these:
5. I see a Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas room that comes up as $421 - would that be bookable with the free weekend night? I did notice that the Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo is excluded from the free weekend night, but not the Waldorf...
6. And in general, are the free resort nights typically available or highly limited?
7. I assume the free weekend night is available shortly after getting the Aspire? And that it expires 1 year from getting the card?
Thanks!
--Kyle

Last edited by kyleay; Jun 15, 2019 at 4:34 pm
Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
In short the weekend certificate is good Friday - Sunday at any property that has standard room availability and expire a year after they are issued.

The resort credit will be applied to any charge a participating property charges to the card whether you book on points or cash.

There is a thread on the resort credit with a link to participating properties.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: Advantage, Skypoints
Will take on the order of eight weeks to receive your free weekend email notification from when you product change or get new card.
birdiedouble likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by RandomFlyerTalkUser
Will take on the order of eight weeks to receive your free weekend email notification from when you product change or get new card.
Maybe something changed. I upgraded in May and received the free night email in less than a week.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
In short the weekend certificate is good Friday - Sunday at any property that has standard room availability and expire a year after they are issued.

The resort credit will be applied to any charge a participating property charges to the card whether you book on points or cash.

There is a thread on the resort credit with a link to participating properties.
This was exactly my experience.

I used my Free Weekend Night at a Waldorf resort to maximize the value of the certificate.

The resort credit posted within 24-hours of check-out. Oddly, on my AMEX statement, the resort credit was labeled for a non-resort hotel I'd stayed at earlier in the week. If I remember correctly, the resort credit is applied to any charges made to the room (meals, room service, incidentals, spa, golf, etc.).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.