Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Charged twice for one stay ! ( 2nd time this year )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond

Doubletree Tower of London ( 11/4/19 ) and Hilton Bournemouth 7/6/19 .
Both these hotels have charged taken two payments out of my card on file...... both have since rectified, apologised and refunded me........ just a heads up guys, watch your accounts.
MoodyB and Winniesbestfriend like this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: HHonors, UA, AA, CET
Did both actually "post" or was there one pending? I've had it happen plenty of times with both hotel and rental cars where the initial authorization on the card shows pending the during of the reservation and then the final authorization with the total with post while the other is still showing pending. However, the original pending transaction will fall off later that day
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by United16
Did both actually "post" or was there one pending? I've had it happen plenty of times with both hotel and rental cars where the initial authorization on the card shows pending the during of the reservation and then the final authorization with the total with post while the other is still showing pending. However, the original pending transaction will fall off later that day
Both posted...... also the charge of Ł149 was pending ( Hilton Bournemouth ) but this was just a hold and has now fell off.
I emailed them and have refunded me .
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Exactly the same thing happened to me at Canary Wharf, pre-paid sale rate and they still charged me. Took them 3 days to reply to my email and another 2 for my money back. First time this happened to me.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
Exactly the same thing happened to me at Canary Wharf, pre-paid sale rate and they still charged me. Took them 3 days to reply to my email and another 2 for my money back. First time this happened to me.
Yep, we need to be vigilant, I’m ( hopefully) at Hilton CW this coming Monday night , will definitely be checking my statement Tuesday evening!.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Did you somehow have duplicate reservations? Or did they provide a reason for the error?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
No duplicate reservation, one simple pre-paid sale rate for one night. And no reason given for the mistake they made.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
No duplicate reservation, one simple pre-paid sale rate for one night. And no reason given for the mistake they made.
Yes, same here...... I made one cancelable reservation one week before and didn’t cancel or change this..... no reason just an apology and refunded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.