Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Booking for someone else and not showing up

Old Jun 10, 19, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist

Hey folks,

Not a Hilton guy but I am heading to a city where a Hilton is the ONLY and I mean ONLY hotel in downtown. My friend is a Diamond with Hilton though so I was wondering if they could just book this hotel for me, I pay for it with my credit card and they never show up? Would I still get the Diamond Benefits? Is that even "allowed"? I've done it with Marriott before no problem but was curious around the Hilton rules.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 10, 19, 1:01 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
They can add your name in the booking so that you can check in, you tell the front desk that your Diamond friend will be "arriving later". If this is in the US, you could also pretend to be your friend as hotels don't ask for ID, though this is fraudulent. Or even better if the hotel has digital key you might not need to check in physically at all - but your friend would need to trust you with their Hilton login credentials. All these would get you the benefits.
Old Jun 10, 19, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH Diamond
Obviously you would not be entitled to the benefits- but you might get them anyway. Have your friend make the booking and add your name as an additional guest. That should allow you to check in by yourself. If the clerk at checkin doesn't give you the Diamond benefits or asks where your friend is defer and call down from your room a little later to inquire, hopefully getting a different member of staff. Obviously it can't be a prepaid rate.
Old Jun 10, 19, 4:31 pm

Frequent guest programs exist to reward the member while she or he is a hotel guest. They don't exist to reward the friend's of the member.

From the Terms and Conditions:
"Hilton Honors members must be the registered, paying and staying guest to qualify for on-property benefits. Member benefits are not transferable to any other individual."
From the Hilton Honors Amenities for all Members, including Silver Elite, Gold Elite, and Diamond Elite Members section: https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html

What you're proposing is indeed fraud. It's not fraud that will ever be prosecuted. It's not even fraud that is likely to be caught at many hotels. But, it's still fraud.

If you're unlucky enough to get caught, Hilton has the right to terminate your friend's Honors account and confiscate any points. (That's detailed under section 9 of the General section of the Terms and Conditions linked above.)

Search this Thread