Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Twice now Only Accessible rooms for Standard Reward Redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Twice now in the last couple of weeks I have gone to book reward rooms. Both times the only standard redemption option was an accessible room.

Hilton Santa Fe & Conrad NYC

Is this some new thing? Ultimately I don't really care all that much (I do not need the accessible room), but it has struck me as odd.

Mod's I did search, but if this is covered somewhere else, please merge.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I've seen (and booked) this multiple time. I always add a comment that I don't require an accessible room and that I would prefer a standard room - at least in part because otherwise I suspect this could limit upgrades.

I've received a mixture of accessible, non-accessible and upgraded rooms.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
This is fairly standard and seems to be a strategy being used to limit the number of standard rooms available using points.
MoodyB, ChinaShrek and hugolover like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Waldorf Beverly Hills is a prime offender here. Seems like guests who really need an accessible room would miss out with these ridiculous redemption policies.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
It's really easy to book this type of room without even noticing what it is before it's too late.
This just takes these types of rooms out of the inventory for those who really need them.

These types of rooms should not appear on search results at all (either with cash or with points) unless a disabled accessible room is specifically put in the search criteria.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
It's really easy to book this type of room without even noticing what it is before it's too late.
This just takes these types of rooms out of the inventory for those who really need them.

These types of rooms should not appear on search results at all (either with cash or with points) unless a disabled accessible room is specifically put in the search criteria.
There is the button for 'Show Accessible Rooms' on the page, for me sometimes they show up, and sometimes they don't.

The Hilton Santa Fe that I posted about, the same type of room (Same exact $$ amount if you pay) is 106K points per night vs 50K for the accessible room.... Then add in that on a 5 night award, the 5th night is free, that turns from 200K points to 530K. This has to be a strategy to limit the # of points rooms at properties, but as mentioned up-thread it is taking these rooms out of inventory potentially for people that really do need them.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see this often.

Slightly off tangent but I wish Hilton would add visual impairment aids in their accessible rooms. Enhanced lighting would be very helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.