HH Benefits when Booking Through Hotwire

Old Jun 4, 19, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

HH Benefits when Booking Through Hotwire

I found the exact same hotel I have a reservation at for half the price on Hotwire vs through Hilton. I am HH Diamond and still want my benefits, what is your experience with getting HH benefits, points, and stay credit when Booking through Hotwire?
Old Jun 4, 19, 4:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond; UA Premier Silver
No points

No points when booking through a third party website?
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jun 4, 19, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH Diamond
You won't get points. You shouldn't get benefits either but some properties provide them. I stopped third party bookings for this reason as i am chasing LT Diamond.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jun 4, 19, 5:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
BRG

You should submit a Best Rate Guarantee claim with Hilton, so that you can get 20% off the Hotwire rate and still earn points and Diamond benefits.

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG
Old Jun 4, 19, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA, UA, BA, Hhonors Gold
As long as the Hotwire rate isn't a blind booking (and you've just deduced the hotel identity), if you can find a Hilton reservation with the EXACT SAME CONDITIONS you can get the BRG, and get it even cheaper AND keep your benefits. See the thread above. It won't be easy.
RafKa likes this.
Old Jun 4, 19, 6:25 pm

Here are the terms and conditions stating no points. The list of ineligible stay types is longer. I'm only providing the two that relate directly to Hotwire.

3. A "stay" is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again. Specifically excluded from the definition of "stay" are the following types of ineligible stays:
  • third party websites bookings (irrespective of rate paid); and
  • "opaque" channel bookings where the brand may or may not be known at the time of purchase.
Source (look under the Accrual of Points section): https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html
Old Jun 4, 19, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by writerguyfl View Post
Here are the terms and conditions stating no points. The list of ineligible stay types is longer. I'm only providing the two that relate directly to Hotwire.

3. A "stay" is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again. Specifically excluded from the definition of "stay" are the following types of ineligible stays:
  • third party websites bookings (irrespective of rate paid); and
  • "opaque" channel bookings where the brand may or may not be known at the time of purchase.
Source (look under the Accrual of Points section): https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html
What about diamond benefits?
Old Jun 4, 19, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N104UA View Post
What about diamond benefits?
pauleepaul answered that above. You are not entitled to diamond benefits but many properties provide them anyway.
From the HH terms and conditions:
  • On-property benefits are not awarded in the following circumstances:
    • Reservations booked through a non-Hilton-direct booking channel or a non-designated GDS, third party website or any other channel,
    • Rates available on "opaque" websites where the hotel brand and specific hotel are not known until the booking is made, or
    • Third party hotel packages or travel packages not booked through one of the eligible channels.
    • Booking ineligible stays, (as defined in the Accrual of Points section) unless hotel contract has specific benefits included.
Old Jun 5, 19, 4:38 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
If you can stay for half the rate with Hotwire, I wouldn't care about HHD benefits…just my cents.

Anyway, the property may provide benefits anyway if you let them know that you are HHD at check-in.
jn in ca likes this.
Old Jun 5, 19, 10:30 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
No benefits unless front desk is very nice to you. You should get Free Wifi as a HHonors member but can't vouch for anything above and beyond.
I think you must determine if half the price is worth receiving your benefits. E.g. Lounge access (what is that worth to you)? Room upgrade (What is that worth to you)?

Search this Thread