Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton with lounge and kid-friendly location? Remote office worker needs suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton with lounge and kid-friendly location? Remote office worker needs suggestions

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold

HI all,
I recently had a fantastic stay at the new Hilton Garden Inn in Fort Walton Beach, FL (brand new facility). There was so much to do for my family: beach, pool, and boardwalk area. Also, with Diamond status, we got a free breakfast buffet every day. Did not have to drive anywhere, either. Activities were available on premises for kids such as games, movies over the pool in the evenings (with popcorn), crafts, characters in costumes, etc. This was not a resort, ....so no resort fees...but it felt like a resort.

That got me thinking...I'd like to see if we can do another trip this summer...but somewhere with milder weather. Colorado? Anything in Iowa? Wisconsin? We would like to drive a max of 13hrs from STL one way.

Anyone have any suggestions on a good reasonable Hilton for a 3 year old and momma with everything within walking distance? need to keep them busy while I work remotely (at least from 8am - 3pm) .

My job gives me freedom right now to work remote and only have to report to the office about once every other week, so I figured we should take advantage of it while able.

I think a Hilton with a lounge would also help offset some of the "lunch" or snack costs for mid day. Not sure how we are going to plan for dinners but I think it's a cost worth splurging for at the moment. No Hampton Inns/Home2Suites/Tru/etc ...just would like to stick with those that offer breakfast to Diamonds.

Thank you,

Last edited by doss1; May 20, 2019 at 8:56 am
Old May 20, 2019, 9:56 am
Community Director Emerita

Let me throw out an idea for a place I have yet to stay, always a dangerous thing to do. I'm researching a fall trip and have booked this property:

The Lodge At Gulf State Park, A Hilton Hotel {US-AL}

It's roughly a 12 hour drive from St Louis so just within your guideline. I like that it's on the ocean and has a broad sandy beach. It doesn't have a lounge. If it appeals at all, you might bump the thread with your questions.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Thanks! I have filed that one for "next time". We are beached out at the moment, looking for a non-beach location for now, but that is a great suggestion!
SanDiego1K likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.