FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hampton by Hilton Leeds City Centre {GBR} (joins Honors 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1970474-hampton-hilton-leeds-city-centre-gbr-joins-honors-2019-a.html)

wizla May 20, 2019 1:31 am

Hampton by Hilton Leeds City Centre {GBR} (joins Honors 2019)

Just noticed this pop up on website after doing a uk search this morning, no details yet but an interesting addition to the portfolio.

Christopher Bearfoot Oct 15, 2019 5:36 am

Currently stating that they are accepting reservation for arrivals on or after 02 Mar 2020.

adobbing Oct 14, 2023 10:27 am

Any recent experience here?
Their website mentions Parking @ £15, but no mention of whether it’s on or off site.
Any idea and is it discounted/ comped for HH Diamonds?

MarcD Oct 15, 2023 4:50 am

Originally Posted by adobbing (Post 35663388)
Any recent experience here?
Their website mentions Parking @ £15, but no mention of whether it’s on or off site.
Any idea and is it discounted/ comped for HH Diamonds?

Stayed here for a couple of nights last Christmas, so not super recent.

It's a standard Hampton, the area immediately around the hotel isn't particularly attractive but it's a very short walk to the main parts of the city.

We were automatically upgraded to a Queen with Sofa which was an odd shaped room, the sofa being there making the rest of the room a bit cramped - in hindsight would have asked to be put back in a standard Queen instead.

Parking is on site in front of the hotel and was not comped or discounted as Diamond. I think there are some cheaper parking options nearby.

adobbing Oct 15, 2023 4:59 am

Originally Posted by MarcD (Post 35664924)
Stayed here for a couple of nights last Christmas, so not super recent.

It's a standard Hampton, the area immediately around the hotel isn't particularly attractive but it's a very short walk to the main parts of the city.

We were automatically upgraded to a Queen with Sofa which was an odd shaped room, the sofa being there making the rest of the room a bit cramped - in hindsight would have asked to be put back in a standard Queen instead.

Parking is on site in front of the hotel and was not comped or discounted as Diamond. I think there are some cheaper parking options nearby.

Thanks, useful info!

It’s now on my list for the end of year mattress run.

With a deficit on stays for Diamond re-qualification to make up, it could be useful as Sunday nights seem very cheap.

I think I can picture the area it’s in, I think there was a Brewdog bar nearby and the area seems to be being “regenerated”

MarcD Oct 16, 2023 2:34 am

Originally Posted by adobbing (Post 35664932)
I think there was a Brewdog bar nearby and the area seems to be being “regenerated”

That's right, Brewdog is around the corner. Rates were considerably lower when we stayed (getting on for half) of the Hilton and the DoubleTree so went for it.