FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   100 hour sale for Japan, Korea and Guam hotels 20-24 May (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1970451-100-hour-sale-japan-korea-guam-hotels-20-24-may.html)

ftakak May 19, 2019 9:37 pm

100 hour sale for Japan, Korea and Guam hotels 20-24 May

https://hiltonhotels.jp/sale-en

Sale Terms & Conditions

Limited availability at the discounted rates. Offer is subject to availability at all participating properties in the Hilton portfolio across Japan, South Korea, and Guam for stays booked between 20 May 2019, 12:00 JST and 24 May 2019, 16:00 JST, and completed between 20 May 2019 and 30 September 2019. Blackout dates may apply and vary by property. Rates are valid for single/double occupancy and are exclusive of all taxes, incidental charges, gratuities, and resort fees where applicable. Discount is 40% off Flexible Rate (BAR) or Bed and Breakfast Rate (B&B) across all participating properties. Hilton Honors members will receive an additional 10% discount. Hilton Honors Membership is required to book the Hilton Honors Members rate.
---------------------------------------------

I searched for several hotels but didn't see any availability. Another IT glitch?

Kevin Xie May 19, 2019 9:38 pm

Same, I've been searching Conrad Tokyo and I thought it was sold out this quick in only 30 mins ;(

jerichot1982 May 19, 2019 9:49 pm

Same here

I started looking the moment the sale started. NOTHING

Actually called Hilton honours reservation hotline, they seemed clueless
I then called Hilton Tokyo, but was put on hold for over 20 minutes and I gave up

Tried the website chat, who said its sold out, although I suspect she was just BSing me to get out of the chat

I would be convinced it is sold out if I could see a single date for sale on another other hotels/dates. So far its all "X"s, on all dates.

So I tend to think the sale hasn't even begun.

teo1991 May 19, 2019 10:20 pm

Hmm found Conrad Osaka for 21,000 yen and the price shown is 100 hours member sale
guess now it has started

ftakak May 19, 2019 10:30 pm

Yes, it’s ON now!

The _Banking_Scot May 20, 2019 1:05 pm

Hi,

Thanks very much for posting this ftakak!

Osaka prices are very good ( c Y22k for the Conrad in late July ( about half price of the tokyo conrad) albeit it is non refundable.

Regards

TBS

HawaiiO May 21, 2019 12:04 pm

sale price is actually quite good this time, compared to the last apac "sale"
booked a couple rooms

BLazarus22 May 22, 2019 7:44 am

I find this sale to have fascinating results. I originally had a 5 night stay on points at the Conrad Osaka for 369K total (less the 95K rate) in a standard room with 1 king. Then the sale came I and rebooked in a premium view king for a considerably decent price. Now, for those same dates the lowest priced room with 1 bed is a corner executive yet the room I booked [king premium view] is twice what I paid.

The pricing is dynamic and the sale is probably limited quantity per room type but it is still very unusual to see these sorts of changes given what I assume are non-refundable bookings. All in all, I guess despite having a now higher category room I can't see myself getting executive on gold given the lack of showing inventory.

Maybe I'm over-analyzing but it is fun to watch.

evergrn May 23, 2019 7:04 pm

I got ocean bay view room at Conrad Tokyo for 33,000yen + tax!
(same rate n/a for their lowest-category city view room which was going for like 57,000yen + tax).

cbert May 24, 2019 11:24 am

has anyone else been stuffed around by the early ending of this 100 hour sale?

Per the T&C above, its supposed to end at 16:00 JST on 24 May, however the Hilton website had a 100 hour countdown showing it ended at 23:59 JST on 24 May, maybe iause it took them few hours to get the sale going. . Since i was following the website counter, i logged on to book after 16:00 JST to find the sale ended and countdown timer removed.

I called Hilton phone line (outsourced call centre I assume India) and got told a number of complaints have been raised about the sale ending early per the wrong counter time on Hilton website and only solution offered was to email Honours mail box..
I emailed the honours mailbox but get a response they are not able to help "due to system restriction and limitations" and I should call Guest Relations which I do but its the same call centre.

The call centre then says email Diamond Desk (I am a Diamond member), which I do.
But yet again same email response, "due to system restriction and limitation" they don't have the ability to deal with this issue and ask I call the Honours hotline, which I do but again its the same Indian call centre who still have no clue but to bounce me around.

This time I get through to USA Diamond desk, but again they have no clue about the issue and recommend I email "Guest relations", which I do.
But guess what, I get an email from HHonours mailbox straight away saying "due to system restriction and limitation" they don't have the ability to deal with this issue and I should call the Honours program in my local country (Australia), which of course is the same Indian call centre!

Just a circular mess where no one in Hilton wants to hear or deal with my issue!

BLazarus22 May 24, 2019 11:43 am

That is frustrating. I only saw the 4pm deadline per the promo T&C, not the countdown bar. Had I seen it the other way I would have also been thrown off, but truth be told the inventory for the better prices (at least in my date range) was fairly dried up well before hour "100".

The _Banking_Scot May 24, 2019 12:06 pm

Hi,

Arrrgh!!. Thought it was 12pm JST tonight also ( ie 4pm UK) so when I went on at noon uk time prices were back to normal.

Regards

TBS

evergrn May 24, 2019 9:25 pm

Omg I didn’t even know about the counter. I just assumed it ran thru the end of 24th JPn time, but I just happened to go in there and snatch another incredible deal at ~3pm Jpn time.