Hilton Award Night/Free Night Certificate

Old May 14, 19, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL, AA, SPG
Hilton Award Night/Free Night Certificate

Hi, I am trying to book a room and running into a bit of an issue. I opened the Hilton Aspire card earlier this year, which comes with a free night certificate. However, the certificate has not yet posted to my account. I want to make an award booking for later this year where I would use the certificate for one night + points for two nights.

Because the certificates have not posted to our accounts, can I book the rooms with points, and then "replace" one of the points nights with the certificate, when the certificate posts? The certificates are supposed to post within "8 to 14 weeks", and my trip is after 14 weeks from card opening, so the certificate should have posted by the time the stay comes around. I could wait until the certificate posts but I don't want the award availability to disappear in the meantime.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 15, 19, 6:56 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Consensus seems to be no.
Free Weekend Night Certificate Question
Old May 15, 19, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by crimson12 View Post
Hi, I am trying to book a room and running into a bit of an issue. I opened the Hilton Aspire card earlier this year, which comes with a free night certificate. However, the certificate has not yet posted to my account. I want to make an award booking for later this year where I would use the certificate for one night + points for two nights.

Because the certificates have not posted to our accounts, can I book the rooms with points, and then "replace" one of the points nights with the certificate, when the certificate posts? The certificates are supposed to post within "8 to 14 weeks", and my trip is after 14 weeks from card opening, so the certificate should have posted by the time the stay comes around. I could wait until the certificate posts but I don't want the award availability to disappear in the meantime.

Thanks in advance.
If your stay is 3 nights, I would book 3 separate one-night reservations using points now. Once the free night cert hits your account, look again online and see if award availability is still there for any of your nights. If yes, then just call Hilton to apply the cert to a new reservation, then have the agent cancel your existing reservation for whatever night you used the cert for.

Of course keep in mind that the Aspire free night cert is only good on weekend nights.
Old May 15, 19, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL, AA, SPG
Well this is kind of funny. The free night certificate showed up in my account overnight. Problem solved! Thanks for the tips anyway.
Old May 15, 19, 1:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I had a painful time trying to redeem these certificates for a 3 night stay. (A 2018 oddity - one Citi cert and two Amex certs.) Ultimately the agent booked three 1-night stays, which thoroughly confused the hotel and required a front-desk trip every day.

Let's just say that Hilton's IT leaves something to be desired.

Search this Thread