FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Honors and Lyft (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1969678-hilton-honors-lyft.html)

hiltonguy123 May 14, 2019 9:11 am

Hilton Honors and Lyft

Hilton Honors and Lyft annouced a new program today that awards riders with up to 3 points per dollar spent with the service. Any thoughts? Sounds similar to the old Starwood and Uber program. You won't be able to earn millions of points, but for those that need to keep their accounts active, this may be a new and easy way to have activity.

Points Scrounger May 14, 2019 10:01 am

I get an error message when trying to register.

Cat88L3 May 14, 2019 10:45 am

I was able to register about 20 minutes ago. I mostly use Uber since it's usually the cheaper one and I get the most benefits with double dipping...I use Lyft about 10 percent of the time. I think it is still a good move

FlyinMike May 14, 2019 11:45 am

Just signed up. I spend around $150 - $200 with Lyft on each trip, so some nice freebie points.

remymartin May 14, 2019 11:58 am

This is cool ^
Unfortunately Lyft doesn't recognise my signup so will have to try again once I'm across the pond.

BLazarus22 May 14, 2019 12:41 pm

I saw at the bottom you earn 2 points per $1 on shared rides. Does that mean only on Lyft Line rides??

Never mind I see that's just a term for shared only. Its 3x otherwise.

Sallycat May 14, 2019 1:20 pm

I wonder if you can “triple dip” - I’m already receiving Delta points for all Lyft rides, as well as B6 points for Lyft rides to and from the airport.

MrRob May 14, 2019 1:46 pm

Just signed up. I didn't read the fine print so I'm not sure if this will cancel out my Delta/Lyft bonus mile deal. Would be nice if I was able to earn for both Delta and Hilton for Lyft rides.

Points Scrounger May 14, 2019 1:59 pm

Lyft confirmed that Hilton, Delta and Jet Blue are all stackable together.

Cat88L3 May 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 31101317)
Lyft confirmed that Hilton, Delta and Jet Blue are all stackable together.

I'm surprised they actually confirmed this. Sometimes it's just best to take a "wait and see" attitude instead of contacting the company. When you bring things/loopholes to their attention, they close them soon enough, lol

Points Scrounger May 15, 2019 7:44 am

Tried from Hilton email just received, link worked fine - woo hoo!

fotoflyer88 May 16, 2019 8:12 pm

Anyone get theirs to post yet? I got an email after my trip from Points dot com telling me I needed to finish linking (I guess my hilton info didn't take fully during the link process). So thats a good sign, vs. many Delta points I lost out on to glitches.

As for JetBlue... I never fly, never earn.. so not sure worth singing up for just that? Maybe wait for a promo signup bonus there.

cblaisd May 16, 2019 9:10 pm

I **think** mine have posted from a trip yesterday, but of course since one's point total increments online and in-app before the details actually are viewable, I'm not totally sure. But the increase of points in my account looks like the right amount.

Firewind May 18, 2019 3:13 pm

The stackability looks to be a feature of Lyft's new program, mentioned in most rollout channels, so it's not going out on a FlyerTalk limb to do it and talk about it. :)

The timing might be especially good for Lyft to get good terms with Delta and jetBlue going at it right now.

retiredfromhilton May 19, 2019 6:26 pm

Every little bit helps. But a max of $10,000 of Lyft spend is eligible for three points per dollar. That's a maximum of 30,000 points per year - roughly a free night at a Hampton Inn near a city.