Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Points not posting - ongoing HH IT issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points not posting - ongoing HH IT issues

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
What's amazing is if I use points for a stay they take them away from me the instant I book the trip, but I reached 50 nights a month ago and still haven't received my Milestone bonus points for that.
theavguy likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:40 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
This whole thing has reached the level of ridiculous. I now have had Zero points credited since mod April. 4 phone calls and challenging the missing stays on lone finally received a response today telling me they DId credit me for the last stay the did credit me for and the problem should be resolved. ...? Never addressed the 8 stays since then. Immediately after that email, I get an email asking how they did with their resolution.
Some serious issues going on - the worse since I’ve been member in 1987.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I received a response from Hilton Reservations and Customer Care basically telling me not to worry and advising me that I will receive points for my prior stays some time by July (yes, July!). Different agents provided different answers as to what was causing the issue, but they were unanimous in their estimation as to the timeline of it being fixed. I, honestly, cannot believe that something is going on that requires that long to be fixed. They could not tell me when and whether I will start receiving points automatically again. Given that so few members here reported any issues, I am not sure what to think about the claims of some system issues (would not these 'issues' affect everyone?). Same as some here I am thinking about switching my stays before July to other brands. Something inside me just can't accept this 'wait until July to receive the stay credit' response. On the other hand, no one is able to say for sure when our accounts will go back to normal (and what's the way to verify that).
leeinct likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Yeah, we're discussing it here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...t-posting.html. July seems unbelievably far far too long to have an IT issue fixed.
theavguy likes this.

Last edited by Andriyko; May 15, 2019 at 7:25 am
Old May 15, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There’s plenty of issues that only affect some members.

Have you experienced a loss of 200 of your lifetime nights from their tally? You never posted you did, but many of us have.

I’ve heard precisely nothing about fixing this since I noticed it in October last year. All I have is a statement to say they’re aware of it and will try to resolve it.

The VISA bonus from 2016 did me out of 50k points because the hotels would improperly report the payment type as “cash”. I gave up trying to get that fixed.

I, and many others, cannot call the Diamond desk and input the ZIP despite the fact I changed it to a US style one to get past the menu. So I end up at the regular line and get transferred over.

My partner has a “positive” issue where the My Way bonus always posts twice to one stay. It’s very odd but there we go.

If Hilton really wanted to fix this stuff they would. If Chris Nassetta saw a decline in revenues it would the first thing across his desk but it’s not. Perhaps take it on yourself to contact someone in the Exec offices if you suppose they’re not aware of it and would fix it if they knew.
Andriyko and theavguy like this.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I missed that thread, but had seem other deterrence, hence why I posted this. If someone wants to merge it, fine.
Old May 15, 2019, 9:25 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Get what you pay for. My understanding is that Hilton has been outsourcing their IT work, in particular software development, offshore to a 'lowest bidder' kind of provider.
kissfan, theavguy and hugolover like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Le Club Accor Platinum, BAEC Gold
I can only advise we keep this forum alive and keep track of any progress that is made by HH.
theavguy likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by PHL
My understanding is that Hilton has been outsourcing their IT work, in particular software development, offshore to a 'lowest bidder' kind of provider.
As opposed to all the big companies that do IT 100% in-house or pick the highest-cost external supplier?
Old May 17, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
I too am missing points since April for 2 stays. Spoke to two different reps. They both told me this would like take at least 6 weeks to get resolved and they are not allowed to manually enter points for those of us this glitch affected.
Old May 17, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
I've been trying to log in a few times, went each time through the "I'm not a robot", passed the test, but was re-directed every time to the Log in page.
Waste to time that could be prevented by a "the site is under maintenance, please come back later" message on the home page.

Last edited by UASPG; May 17, 2019 at 3:02 pm
Old May 17, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by UASPG
I've been trying to log in a few times, went each time through the "I'm not a robot", passed the test, but was re-directed every time to the Log in page.
Waste to time that could be prevented by a "the site is under maintenance, please come back later" message on the home page.
Same.
Old May 17, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Originally Posted by umustbjokim
Same.
+1, same here. Just pathetic. FWIW my iPhone app is working as well as it ever has....
theavguy likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hfly

HH has a huge IT problem going on now that will not be resolved until July!

Over the last couple of weeks many FT'ers have noticed stays not crediting properly or not at all. I too have had this happen several times. When it happened the third time, I received a weird answer last time, so asked back whether or not HH is having IT problems. I received a response that due to "system updates" this is indeed the case and many members are having these problems, and it should be fixed "by July"!

So I would suggest that people keep good notes on your activity, bonuses and all!!!!!!!!!!!
Sure, if by "Huge IT problem" we actually mean minor annoyance...
Sisosig likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Impossible to log in issue still going on; I am wondering how much of business loss this implies. http://www.marriott.com , www.ihg.com & www.hyatt.com are working!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.