Hampton Inn Wilmington Downtown {US-NC}

Old May 6, 19, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Arrow Hampton Inn Wilmington Downtown {US-NC}

Stay Report - 4/30 - 5/1

Location: The hotel is located in Downtown Wilmington on the corner of Grace and 3rd Street. The riverfront is an easy walk as are a number of downtown restaurants and bars. For hanging out downtown the location is absolutely perfect. There is some street parking which is free after 6:30 PM until 9 AM as well. It's also close enough to the freeways that driving to and from other areas from here is not difficult.

Hotel: A very pleasant new construction Hampton Inn. There's a spacious lobby which had coffee out and had enough room for breakfast service, a small indoor pool, 24 hour fitness center and snack shop. Parking for the hotel is valet only and is $17 a night but you can do better with street parking as long as you're careful to move your car.

Check In: Handled well. No upgrades available but I was offered points or a snack.

Room: Really nice as urban new construction Hamptons tend to be. Large bedroom with comfortable beds and outlets near them, big TV, large bathroom with a really nice shower, fridge and microwave and work area plus a full sized closet. Wifi worked well and soundproofing is good.

Breakfast: Pretty standard Hampton stuff, bacon, fried eggs and french toast sticks plus breads, fruits, pastries, cereal and yogurt.

The only negative note I'll make is that someone came into the room without knocking. I confronted them and they said they didn't know anyone was there. I called the front desk who said it was an assistant housekeeper making sure there were towels and hangers and they didn't know I was there. It took a while to even get an apology for the startling experience. Overall I'd still come back as the location is perfect for me.
JJeffrey likes this.

Search this Thread