FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   100 Queen's Gate Hotel London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR} (was DoubleTree) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1968456-100-queens-gate-hotel-london-curio-collection-hilton-gbr-doubletree.html)

seacow Jan 15, 2016 2:08 am

100 Queen's Gate Hotel London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR} (was DoubleTree)

I couldn't see a thread on this new property but apologies if I have missed it!

Any views or stays here? I have booked a night next week and will do a review, they have some really cheap rates at the moment - presumably introductory offers!

seacow Jan 22, 2016 2:14 pm

Well I stayed here on Tuesday night. I had secured one of the duplex suites on the top floor. A 5 minute walk from South Ken underground - quite subdued frontage but pleasant area and lots of eateries near by.

Arrival was fine - no upgrade as had the top room got a 20% off food and beverages - no drinks vouchers. No lounge as yet but plans to get one.

Lobby was new and great - corridor was very modern. Room was a bit mixed - new electrics with fancy light switches and lighting - new carpet and comfiest bed ever. That said the wardrobe and tables were old and tatty. Skipped breakfast but was included for diamonds.

Did hit the bar which was a quite art deco but bar itself was a bit working man club like.

OVerall not the best in London but by no means the worst and if the introductory rates remain its worth a look!

treppenlaeufer Feb 15, 2016 10:13 am

One night stay last week. Upgraded from standard to deluxe. Keys provided were for a room that was occupied by lady with shocked looks as I entered her room. Was provided an unoccupied room after returning to reception.

Lobby, corridors (at least on the Hilton Honors floors) and rooms nicely refurbished. The light switch electronics weren't for me, but room and furniture were pretty nice. Also the newly done bathroom. View onto a nice backstreet.

Breakfast hall in the basement not yet refurbished and has a distinct 'England in the 70ies' feeling to it. Unfortunately the quality and selection of breakfast items (e.g. one kind of slice cheese, one kind of cold cuts - ham) was also soso. Egg dishes could be ordered, however.

No sauna or steam room.

As a Diamond: No lounge, no drink vouchers, but I also had the 20% off offer. And two bottles of water.

I would choose this hotel over the Hilton Kensington and Olympia if needed to be on that side of town, for the better location and refurbished rooms. Not for breakfast, and not for its lack of lounge obviously.

diamond club freeloader Feb 15, 2016 2:36 pm

3 Attachment(s)
Staying here tonight. First impressions:

Great location. Handy to a couple of tube stations, and lots of decent-looking shops/cafes/restaurants very close.

Checkin process fine - got the cookie, and the Diamond welcome, wifi code, but (as others have mentioned) no drinks voucher. But, upgraded to 'superior' room.

The room (on the top floor) is fine. Small, but renovated and clean. Bathroom tidy but tiny. Wooden venetian blinds on the window but no curtains - not sure how good at light-block that will be! Agreed that the trendy lighting system is a damp squib.

Welcome amenity 2 bottles of water & 4 chocolates. Also offered the 20% F&B discount. But I really don't think I'll bother...

Breakfast was quite decent - unlike others' experiences I found it to be entirely acceptable. A reasonable enough DT-standard hot and cold buffet with a good a la carte menu including eggs benedict, french toast, omelette, porridge and egg variants (and it was made clear to me that as Diamond I could order anything from the menu without charge).

Tonight was ~£100 so I can't complain ... but I suspect that I'll only come back if it's this cheap again when better alternatives are much dearer.

sarahluv Feb 16, 2016 3:48 pm

hi, are the lifts keycarded?

treppenlaeufer Feb 17, 2016 1:10 am

Originally Posted by sarahluv (Post 26195654)

What is it you are planning? O.o

sarahluv Feb 17, 2016 3:29 am

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer (Post 26197501)
What is it you are planning? O.o

i just hate keycarded lifts. they are a pain when you have kids with you/leave yourr partner in the room and forget your key.

diamond club freeloader Feb 17, 2016 4:50 am

Originally Posted by sarahluv (Post 26195654)

No

sarahluv Feb 17, 2016 10:28 am

terrible check in experience. My partner (named as 2nd gueston the booking, doesn't have status) checked in for me. My status wasn't recognised. I arrived later than her. Reception informed me that the room wasn't upgraded as i'd checked in online (i informed them that that wasn't the policy, they claimed it was). I mentioned that the free breakfast wasn't communicated to my partner, they said that they hadn't added it as she didn't have status even though the booking was in my name. No welcome amenity. Very unapologetic and i was made to feel like i was creating a fuss over nothing. I did get us upgraded to superior and got breakfast added though

BruceyBonus Feb 17, 2016 1:56 pm

I'm staying here soon. For some completely unknown reason, my employer booked the room through a third-party website :rolleyes: (they normally book directly or with a local travel agent). There was no cost benefit as the price was exactly the same.

As I am fairly new to HHonors, this is a big blow as this stay would have taken me to the next status level. I emailed the hotel earlier to have my HHonors number added and they basically refused to do this. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the credit for this night (the rate is non-refundable)?

Additionally, the booking confirmation says "continental breakfast included". The Hilton website makes no differentiation, just saying "breakfast". Anyone know if they actually offer only a continental breakfast for those third-party bookings?

diamond club freeloader Feb 17, 2016 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by BruceyBonus (Post 26200770)
Additionally, the booking confirmation says "continental breakfast included". The Hilton website makes no differentiation, just saying "breakfast". Anyone know if they actually offer only a continental breakfast for those third-party bookings?

I don't know, but based on the breakfast setup, I'd say that you'll get access to the "full" buffet, but no made-to-order items included. I say this since the hot and cold buffet items are situated together and I'd doubt that they would be able to/inclined to bother policing the different food items out.

Regarding stay credit, I'd say this one's lost to you.

sarahluv Feb 18, 2016 2:49 am

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader (Post 26200867)
I don't know, but based on the breakfast setup, I'd say that you'll get access to the "full" buffet, but no made-to-order items included. I say this since the hot and cold buffet items are situated together and I'd doubt that they would be able to/inclined to bother policing the different food items out.

I can confirm that this is the case.

BruceyBonus Apr 28, 2016 3:08 pm

Had a nice stay at this hotel. My included "continental breakfast" was indeed hot from the buffet. Staff at breakfast were very friendly.

Only gripe was that I couldn't get any cold water from the bathroom tap. Even when turned fully to cold, it still came out at varying temperatures of hot. The reception staff did offer to swap rooms, but it didn't seem worth it after unpacking. No bottled water was offered and there is no minibar in the room, so I ended up buying a few bottles from the nearby Little Waitrose.

No HHonors points though. Got my number added to the booking, but posted as 0 points. Still none the wiser as to why my employer sometimes books directly, sometimes through Booking.com and sometimes through a local travel agent. Although not their preferred way of doing things, I'm starting to make future bookings myself and claim the cost back after travel - actually seems easier for me doing things this way.

tycosiao Oct 11, 2016 1:06 pm

Hi, anyone with any recent reviews of this hotel?

How's the gold treatment here?

Thanks

Flamenguista Dec 21, 2016 6:18 am

I have an upcoming stay purchased by points (50,000 per night). I'm looking at my confirmation and the hotel website, but there is no mention of a complimentary breakfast (hot or cold). In fact there is absolutely no mention of breakfast options at all, paid or not.

What are my options here? Thanks in advance.