Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100 Queen's Gate Hotel London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR} (was DoubleTree)

100 Queen's Gate Hotel London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR} (was DoubleTree)

Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Stripe
Was the milk part of the complimentary beverage selection? Real milk for tea or coffee would be an unusual treat.
Yes it is. Indeed very unusual. Btw in-room coffee was nepresso.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just did a one night stay here. Booked an atrium deluxe room and was upgraded in advance to a Duplex Suite, their top room category. The room was available when we checked in a bit before 2 pm.

On the plus side...
  • I really liked the layout of the room, with a sofa, fake fireplace, table, and minibar etc on the lower level, bedroom to the right at the top of the stairs with a sliding door, and bathroom straight ahead. A nice walk-in closet adjoined the bedroom. Minibar was stocked exactly as shown if sof_lance's post above and we got a plate of macaroons as a welcome gift, although we only got three. Room was very quiet.
  • We had a great experience later in the evening in the downstairs bar. Decent food, great service, nice atmosphere for conversation.
  • The breakfast buffet was quite good. After dealing with the nonsense at the Hilton brands in the US for the last almost three years it was great to be back to normal with a proper complimentary breakfast.
  • We were on the 6th floor but never seemed to wait more than a few seconds for an elevator.
On the negative side:
  • Check-in took a long time as the computers kept glitching. And I couldn't get a final bill when checking out, again due to computer problems.
  • The waters in the minibar were both still water and my wife prefers sparkling. I asked at the desk if we could get a sparkling water and they produced two bottles, along with a chit to sign agreeing to pay 5 each. I took one but couldn't get it taken off the bill at checkout due to the aforementioned computer issues.
  • Ventilation in the bathroom seemed minimal, based on the amount of steam that built up.
  • We did the afternoon tea in the Botanica room. A very nice space, and the tea and sandwiches etc were quite good, but the service was extremely slow. We stayed here in 2019 and the afternoon tea service was very slow then too. Seems like that's just a thing. One couple sat down but eventually left because it was so slow.
  • When you view the room description on the website for the Duplex Suite it says the room comes with complimentary beer and wine in the minibar and a 100 credit for F&B. I frankly didn't expect we would get that since the room was an upgrade but I was told yes at check-in. There was no beer or wine in the minibar, ether complimentary or for sale, and there was no F&B credit on the bill.
The location is great and the atmosphere is very pleasant, so it will likely continue to be our go-to place in London. (The Conrad St James was our prior spot.)
Old Jan 18, 2024, 6:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Stayed here 17th January. Very disappointed and unlikely to return.

Tried to check in online and was offered a paid upgrade, but the room given was the room booked. I was given no choice and allocated 226, which is described as Luxury Atrium King. I have no idea what Atrium has to do with the room except that I could look across (but not down) into it. The other view was of an air handling unit which was intrusively noisy. With a one night stay I only needed the room to sleep in really so did not enquire about a better room at reception on arrival.

I used a digital key but on walking into my room, needed to use my Oyster card to use in the key slot. If they are going to promote digital keys, this needs some consideration.

The first impression was of damp. The bathroom extract was not functioning. On seeing if I could open the valve, the whole fitting came out in my hand, but there was no airflow. The second was how small the room was. Barely enough room to walk around the bed. Housekeeping was a strongpoint, with the room clean and prepared fully. The bed was really comfy and the linen and duvet high quality.

The bar was pretty good - well serviced and a relaxing atmosphere.

Breakfast was ok - same as most Hiltons. But with a Barista bean to cup coffee machine that could only make one coffee at once, there was a delay in getting one as it is a staff only machine. As I left, there was a small queue of people waiting for a table.

On checking out, I mentioned the lack of upgrade, the damp (after a hot shower, the reason was evident) and the noise and got shrugged shoulders but confidence that anything would happen. To add insult to injury, the promised E-Mail with the receipt did not arrive.

Don't think I will be returning here. There are better Hiltons with a more consistent operation.
:D!, wizla and sof_lance like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.