Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100 Queen's Gate Hotel London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR} (was DoubleTree)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100 Queen's Gate Hotel London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR} (was DoubleTree)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:15 pm

I am Hilton Gold and received a free hot breakfast buffet downstairs in their restaurant. On a side note, we had two rooms, and both were "tired" and looked in desperate need of a makeover. The couch in one room was stained and there was a HORRIBLE rug stain in the other suite. Furniture had water marks and chips, and the paint needed touch-ups. Not a good experience...
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:18 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Stayed here for 2 nights in October. Located closed to 2 tube stations. Hotel's frontage and lobby looks good. Rooms looked a bit tired and small. Definitely in need of a furnish. Did not have wifi in my original room. Complained, and they moved me down the hall. I was in the 5th floor. Had free breakfast buffet as a Gold member.

Would consider other options next time..
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
refurbishment continuing

Drawn back to the hotel by its location (business in the area) I had a good stay here (for what was a reasonable rate compared to other Hiltons in London this week).

Had booked superior (one up from basic) and was due to receive that. Asked about upgrade and checkin agent wound me a deluxe, but warning me I may prefer a refurbished basic room on ground floor. After inspection of the deluxe room (a bit tired and towards the street) I agreed and chose a voluntary downgrade.

New room design is indeed nice, they are working their way up floor by floor, planning to complete by October. Should be some nice rooms then!

Restaurant food was good enough and reasonably priced. For whatever reason the Diamond rebate was not deducted? No drink voucher. Bar staff very friendly and welcoming!

Breakfast staff even friendlier and warm, great asset to the hotel. Felt looked after very well during breakfast. I like the split of the breakfast area across numerous smaller rooms.

Apparently they are adding a Spa and Exec Lounge also, but really not sure if they actually meant Exec Lounge or just "lounge" (which they arguably have already).

Overall I enjoy the feel and good staff in this hotel, it has its Charme and when refreshed should be a solid choice for the Kensington area.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Can I ask what the diamond rebate is? Or is it a property specific offer?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Skimanant
Can I ask what the diamond rebate is? Or is it a property specific offer?
Property specific!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: Meh
This place is like a bomb hit it. A complete building site. 11 builders held project meeting in the lobby this morning.

No mention of this on the website, a disgrace Hilton is letting them away with it.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Yikes!. I've seen trip advisor and other reviews mentioning construction for a while, was hoping it was over as I have a stay here in 3 months.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by mpw81
Yikes!. I've seen trip advisor and other reviews mentioning construction for a while, was hoping it was over as I have a stay here in 3 months.
My advice is there is no way it will be complete in 3 months. Change hotel!
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by stevie
My advice is there is no way it will be complete in 3 months. Change hotel!
Thanks, I'll look at alternatives. Was it primarily in the common areas, or everywhere? Was the construction noise at least contained to daylight hours? Any basic services impacted?

I might also reach out to the hotel directly and voice concerns and ask about the timeline. I'll report back here if I get anything.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by mpw81
Thanks, I'll look at alternatives. Was it primarily in the common areas, or everywhere? Was the construction noise at least contained to daylight hours? Any basic services impacted?

I might also reach out to the hotel directly and voice concerns and ask about the timeline. I'll report back here if I get anything.
Work started about 8am and finished after 5pm.
The lobby is a building site and the place does not feel like a hotel. Construction workers with hard hats wondering all over the hotel.
I will talk tot he manager on checking out tomorrow and tell him/her what I think.
My biggest gripe is that there is no mention on the website. This is not on.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

post renovations

post renovations hotel will switch to become a Curio
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAEC, HH Diamond
Yes, front desk told me this too,

Would be a shame if this pushes the price up too, it’s one of my go-to reasonable rate hotels in London.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Any update on when the renovations will be finished?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Staying there now. Renovations are still underway. Was surprised to see work in the evening (was quiet though).
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:50 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond; Celebrity Elite Plus. Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer
Some work still occurring. Much is aesthetic - probably all carpets to be replaced.

Signage indicates changeover to Curio due in February.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.