Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Jadaf Culture Village {ARE}

Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Jadaf Culture Village {ARE}

Old May 5, 19, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Jadaf Culture Village {ARE}

The 326 guest-room Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Jadaf Culture Village opened on 10 December 2018. The hotel is 150 meters from the Al Jadaf metro station and located next to (the future) Dubai Culture Village, an area under development, which will be dedicated to the arts. Al Jadaf is one of the most historically significant neighborhoods in Dubai as it was the first hub for traditional dhow vessel building and repairing – putting it at the heart of the city’s vital trade routes. It remains the last location where dhows are crafted and with significant investment is shaping up to be a truly unique tourist destination in the region. This is what is reported on the official hotel website, but at the moment the hotel is in the middle of nowhere, and all the area around the very nice building is an immense construction site. The Hilton Garden Inn Al Jadaf is a beautiful addition to the brand in Dubai (if I am right there are 3 other HGI in town) because it is in a modern building in a Emirati-style architecture, Arabic-inspired interior design and bespoke F&B concept outlets that make it a one of a kind among an array of successful sister properties.

Check-in and check-out
I decided to book this hotel for an overnight stay after arriving at Dubai airport very late at night and before moving to downtown and Jumeirah, due to its position close to the metro station, the good rates and because I was curious to visit this hotel with its particular architecture.
I arrived shortly before midnight, and before the train enters the Al Jadaf station you will see the hotel on your right. From the metro station for me it was a 5 minutes walk in the dark and in the sand, carring a large bag, because the sorroundings of the hotel, including streets, are a giant construction site.
Due to the late hour the check-in was very fast. As a Diamond I was upgraded from a King Room to a slightly bigger King Room with a sofa bed. I received also a 20% off voucher for the bar and restaurant and a 30% off voucher for the Spa.
Requested a 1PM check-out and they offered a further extension if needed. Friendly staff at the front desk. To reach the metro station there is also the hotel free shuttle bus: it is only a one minute ride to cover 150 meters, but at least you don’t need to walk in the sand under the sun to reach the station.

Room
I wasn’t impressed with the room: apart the typical HGI design I found it quite small, and the view from the window was over an expanse of sand and a construction site, with the metro station in the backgoround.

Breakfast
Traditional HGI breakfast, breakfast room quite small and overcrowded with a large group of Japanese tourists. The two automated coffee machines ran out of milk, so it was impossible to drink a cappuccino or any other coffee with milk. The staff wasn’t of help, and even if it was available a professional coffee machine with a barista, he refused to prepare a cappuccino.

Amenities
On the top floor there is a nice pool, the Spa and a small gym. Unfortunately due to the construction works around the hotel the view is very poor and the sourrounding quite noisy. In the hotel there are several conference and meetings facilities, and I can imagine in the future it will be popular for conventions, events and weddings.

Overall
I like the particular Emirati architecture of this new hotel, less the rooms. The metro station nearby is a real benefit. Excellent staff (excluding the breakfast). Considering the construction site and the work in progress, at present I would recommend this hotel only for a short stay and if the rates are in the range of 200 AED or less: considering the disadvantages of the area, with higher rates there are the better HGI available in town, in particular I would suggest the HGI Al Muraqabat.
Obviously the problems will also affect all the other hotels in the vicinity, so before booking at this hotel I suggest you to open the aerial view of Google maps, in order to look at what you will find when in the area. When the construction works in Al Jafaf will end (I can imagine a couple of years), and once the Culture Village completed, this will be a very nice area.
Old Sep 23, 19, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Stayed here for 4 nights recently. Was upgraded from the cheapest room to a suite, which was huge and very pleasant.

Shower pressure was absolute crap but other than that and a few discrepancies with housekeeping (some bins not emptied, not always replenishing tea/coffee etc) I would recommend this place. There really isn't much around the hotel; although there is a supermarket opening beneath a building nearby and a small shop at Al Jadaf metro station. Staff were all very helpful and friendly.

There is a free bus that goes twice a day in each direction to Dubai Mall and onwards to a public beach.

Search this Thread