Hilton Garden Inn Muscat Al Khuwair {OMN}

Old May 4, 19, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Muscat Al Khuwair {OMN}

The Hilton Garden Inn Muscat Al Khuwair opened on February 25. I had a one night stay on a Friday at the end of April, just two months after its opening

Muscat has finally its first Hilton family hotel, a 232 rooms Hilton Garden Inn located on Al Adab Street in the Al Khuwair district, offering convenient access to some of the cityís finest restaurants, as well as the Oman Avenues, Panorama and MGM Malls, that are located within walking distance (less than ten minutes away from the hotel). Key tourist destinations such as the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, the Royal Opera House Muscat and the Shatti Al Qurum Beach are within 5-10 minutesí drive from the hotel. Large free parking in front of the hotel. The airport is 15 km away, taxi fare is 10 OMR (9,700 to be exact, rounded at 10, tip not necessary) for a 25 minutes ride with low traffic.

Check-in
I booked one month in advance a King Guest Room (the basic and cheapest room) at a flexible rate of 26,000 OMR (31,000 including taxes and charges) and as a Diamond member the day before I got upgraded to a King Superior Guest Room.
Arrived at the hotel at 8PM. Check-in very fast with excellent staff, during the check-in I received a lot of info about restaurants in the area and shopping places. I asked for a 6PM check-out and received it without difficulties.

Room
The hotel has 7 floors, the first 6 with the rooms and the 7th with the Gym, the Spa and a very nice infinity pool with stunning views of the Al Hajar Mountains or the picturesque Al Khuwair area.
I received a large and comfortable corner room on the 4th floor, facing the front of the hotel and the mountains. Standard HGI design and layout.

Amenities
Adjacent to the Hotel, there is an outdoor courtyard with a Tennis Court, Jogging-Trail, Restaurant and a fun Play-Area for children. The area is still not completed and during my stay there were some work in progress.On the inside, the hotelís Lobby has a small shop, a Juice Bar serving healthy refreshing beverage options. An indoor Kids Club for children will also be located nearby. The restaurant offer a delectable breakfast (I found it above the average of the HGIs I visited recently), lunch and dinner service.

Public transportation
Taxi in Oman are quite expensive, but during my stay I found the Muscat public transportation very good, fast and inexpensive. All the popular touristic spots and the airport can be reached with the bus service: all buses are red coloured, modern and air conditioned. You can buy tickets from the driver with fares at 0,200 OMR (1 zone), 0,300 OMR (2 zones) or 0,500 OMR (Airport service with bus 1B). On Dohat Al Adab Street, within 3 minutes walk from the hotel, stops the Bus 8 (every 30 minutes) perfect to go to the shopping malls or the Sultan Qaboos mosque (fare 0,200 OMR). If exiting the hotel you turn left and follow the 3519 way, you arrive on Sultan Qaboos St where stop the lines 1 and 1B and a few suburban services. I used the bus 1B to return to the airport after my stay and quite unexpectedly my bus trip was 3 minutes faster if compared with the taxi ride the previous day and the fare only 0,500 OMR. To go to the airport you have to cross the pedestrian bridge over Sultan Qaboos Street in front of the mosque at the end of the 3519 Way and then walk 1 minute westbound to reach the bus stop Al Kuwair Mnistries Bridge. Even with one large bag in tow I found this walk from the hotel to the 1B bus stop not difficult. I also decided to use the bus to visit the Mutrah old town (bus 1 or 1B towards Ruwi then bus 4 to Mutrah, 45 minutes total travel time) with a return fare of 1 OMR (taxi fare would be 24 OMR).

Overall
Nice hotel, excellent staff, very good breakfast and location convenient for tourist activities or for business. Highly Recomemnded.
Schwann, :D! and Tocsin like this.

Last edited by Aldebaran; May 4, 19 at 1:22 am Reason: info added
Old May 4, 19, 9:59 am

Thanks for the post - will make it a point to check this out when I visit Muscat next. I was disappointed however to note that the AAA/AARP rates, which are advance purchase with 100% cancellation fee, are actually higher than the regular HHonors advance purchase rate
Old May 4, 19, 10:27 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Thanks for the review and info on public transport. Muscat is on my list but I keep missing out on getting cheap premium fares.

Search this Thread