Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Interesting Stay Promo: It’s Been a While — 5,000 Points for Staying 2 or More Nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting Stay Promo: It’s Been a While — 5,000 Points for Staying 2 or More Nights

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum,
Smile Interesting Stay Promo: It’s Been a While — 5,000 Points for Staying 2 or More Nights

I received this email with the following offer today.....I checked out this morning after my 32nd night in a row at a Hilton Property and 63rd of the year.
It's been a while......yeah.....an entire 2 hours and 45 minutes since I checked out this morning.
Oh Well thanks for the 5K

==================
It's been a while since we've seen you and we'd like to welcome you back with this exclusive offer. Complete a stay of 2 or more nights at any of our hotels or resorts and earn 5,000 Bonus Points.

Here are 3 great ways to use 5,000 Points:
1) Redeem for rewards stays with Points & Money1
2) Use Points to shop at Amazon.com. No minimum required.2
3) Pool Points with up to 10 family members or friends
Old May 3, 2019, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Me too. I'm 'only' at 14 stays in the last 3 weeks and Diamond already in the bag on nights, points and stays and I get a "we are missing you" 5k 2 night stay promo. Seriously Hilton, are you this inept?
Old May 4, 2019, 1:04 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
This promo is from October last year..maybe you havent had an exactly 2 night stay in that period. Hilton new IT really needs working.
Old May 4, 2019, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by ashkale
This promo is from October last year..maybe you havent had an exactly 2 night stay in that period. Hilton new IT really needs working.
To be fair, it's not necessarily Hilton's IT that's a problem. It might be a human being that didn't consider that some guests stay several weeks at a hotel. For example, that person might have run a query for all elite-level guests who have not checked into a Hilton branded hotel in the past 30 days. That query is flawed, because it doesn't account for long-term guests. If you want only guests who have not stayed in the past month, you'd want to use the last check out date.

I'd bet that this isn't an IT problem...it's a logic failure of the person entering the search criteria.
mpreston14 likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 6:14 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I received the same offer and was wondering about it as well.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
The one my husband got yesterday was "come back and get upgraded to silver status". He is already a diamond. Go figure.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
If you want only guests who have not stayed in the past month, you'd want to use the last check out date.
But someone who checked out six weeks ago and checked in a week ago and hadn't checked out would get flagged by that query.
B3nder likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
I had 20 different one night stays over the past few months, including one the day before I received the e-mail. I did have a 30+ day stretch without staying at any Hilton property though. I'm guessing they run their query at some specific point, but don't send out the promo until at least a week or two later.
Old May 8, 2019, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by serpens
But someone who checked out six weeks ago and checked in a week ago and hadn't checked out would get flagged by that query.
I was assuming they were disqualifying anyone currently staying at a Hilton-branded hotel. I guess I should have explicitly stated that assumption.
Old May 9, 2019, 12:52 pm

I received this one as well and stay at Hiltons 4 days every week. No clue why I received but it posted for my stay when I checked out Monday. Hey I'll take an extra 5K points why not!
Old May 12, 2019, 1:06 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Our son got this:
It's been a while since we've seen you and we'd like to welcome you back with this exclusive offer.

Earn 3X Points on your next stay at any of our 5,000+ hotels and resorts around the world

Of course my husband is the one with the expensive stay coming up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.