Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Biltmore Mayfair, LXR Hotels & Resorts, London UK {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Biltmore Mayfair, LXR Hotels & Resorts, London UK {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways, Hilton Hhonors, Avis, Hertz
Arrow The Biltmore Mayfair, LXR Hotels & Resorts, London UK {GBR}

This is now appearing on the site and taking bookings...
"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival August 1, 2019 and beyond."
Old May 3, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Biltmore in Mayfair

Anyone know anything about this hotel? Soon to become a hilton.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: HH D
The hotel's Pine Bar was the site of the poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko in 2006.
JDiver and MoodyB like this.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
This is the old Millennium hotel on Grosvenor Sqr where the American embassy was. To become the first LRX hotel in Europe. According to an article the hotel has been closed for refurbishment since June last year and they spent 50m GBP on it. I did a quick search and the cheapest rate I found was Ł383 pre-paid on a Friday night. Lowest award rate 95k points. Beautiful but out of my range.
wizla likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
This is the old Millennium hotel on Grosvenor Sqr where the American embassy was. To become the first LRX hotel in Europe. According to an article the hotel has been closed for refurbishment since June last year and they spent 50m GBP on it. I did a quick search and the cheapest rate I found was Ł383 pre-paid on a Friday night. Lowest award rate 95k points. Beautiful but out of my range.
That's a shame, out of my price range too.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by Sisosig
The hotel's Pine Bar was the site of the poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko in 2006.

So... stay away from the green tea, then?

Geez, that’s a glum opener to be associated with. Sad. I’m assuming everything’s been decontaminated by now, so perhaps a focus on the positives an upcoming guest might look forward to?
Connery and Lasenby (two of the James Bond character actors) frequented the Pine Bar as well, so there’s a little fictional spy trivia to counter the real espionage.

Edit to add: Dang. That *was* a messy op. Totally irresponsible in addition to reprehensible. Sheraton Park Lane even caught some contamination as well. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...ia.topstories3

Last edited by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant; May 3, 2019 at 3:49 pm
Old May 3, 2019, 8:23 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
I just saw this for Sep. At Ł650 a night think I may give it a miss . 95,000 points though which is better value than some others in London.
MoodyB likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: HH D
In this case it could make sense to wait until a December promotion or buy 46000 points now (matched by *2 until May 27 = 96000 points) at $480 or 365 GBP.
MoodyB likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:20 am
Original Poster

The website is gradually updating...A few broken links, but worth a look:
The Biltmore, Mayfair
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:35 am

Question Biltmore LXR Opening Postponed to Sep 01

Normally I would not care, but having reservations for Aug 30-Sep 1, I noticed today that the opening date has been rescheduled to September 1st. What is my best course of action? I can rebook, of course. The hotel has not contacted us. I'd be ok with a soft opening weekend stay as the other two options the Hilton Park Lane and the Conrad are nice but somewhat boring. Any suggestions or anyone in the know how these situations are being handled?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by michaelr
Normally I would not care, but having reservations for Aug 30-Sep 1, I noticed today that the opening date has been rescheduled to September 1st. What is my best course of action? I can rebook, of course. The hotel has not contacted us. I'd be ok with a soft opening weekend stay as the other two options the Hilton Park Lane and the Conrad are nice but somewhat boring. Any suggestions or anyone in the know how these situations are being handled?
I noticed that too...Glad I didn't pull the trigger on a reservation! As you say, they may sneak you in on a soft opening.
I'd call or email though...
Tel: +44 020 7629 9400
[email protected]
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:43 am

I contacted them via the contact form on the hotels web page. I will post once/if I receive an answer.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:58 am
Original Poster

I contacted them via the contact form on the hotels web page. I will post once/if I receive an answer.
Will be interested in what they say...I tried a couple dummy bookings yesterday and it was showing unavailable for any date I entered... :-/
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:42 pm

I have not heard a word. I contacted them via their web site and via email about a week ago.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:49 pm

I have not heard a word. I contacted them via their web site and via email about a week ago.
I followed up one more time, still no response. I send a request to Hilton's support.
MoodyB likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.