Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

No points posted for recent stay— be patient? Or request missing points?

Old May 1, 19, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

My wife and I (and our baby) just completed 5 nights at Hawaiian Village. The first 3 nights were revenue nights (AAA rate), the last 2 were awards. We contacted the reservation dept to link the reservations so we stayed in the same room, but they maintained their own confirmation numbers. We checked in on 4/23 and out on 4/28, and on the (Diamond) account today we see the 2 stays. Both stays show 0 points earned. The receipts clearly show the proper expenses, including restaurant charges and resort fees. Do the stays show up before the points do? I don’t remember ever running into this scenario before (stay shows up but 0 points), but maybe I don’t usually check the account so soon. Wait? Or request missing points now?
Old May 1, 19, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA MP HH
Give it another day or so.
Old May 2, 19, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As above, give it a couple of days. My stays often initially show with nothing and a day or three later the points show up.
Old May 2, 19, 2:01 pm

I have the same issue from a stay on April 19.
Old May 2, 19, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyme2 View Post
I have the same issue from a stay on April 19.
points still haven’t posted?
Old May 2, 19, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, Dirt Elsewhere
Give it a Week from Check Out

Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
My wife and I (and our baby) just completed 5 nights at Hawaiian Village. The first 3 nights were revenue nights (AAA rate), the last 2 were awards. We contacted the reservation dept to link the reservations so we stayed in the same room, but they maintained their own confirmation numbers. We checked in on 4/23 and out on 4/28, and on the (Diamond) account today we see the 2 stays. Both stays show 0 points earned. The receipts clearly show the proper expenses, including restaurant charges and resort fees. Do the stays show up before the points do? I don’t remember ever running into this scenario before (stay shows up but 0 points), but maybe I don’t usually check the account so soon. Wait? Or request missing points now?
Every once in a while, I run into a similar situation. Interestingly, another property in Hawaii TWICE, on two separate stays, failed to post points to my account. Whenever I contact the Diamond Desk about missing points, they always tell me to wait a week for the points to show up. Inevitably when the points don’t appear, I email the DD and include my confirmation number(s), dates of stay, and an attachment of the folio(s) in question. This method has always worked for me, and within a few hours the points and stay/night credit are properly adjusted. Give it a week, send the DD an email, and I’m sure you’ll get all the points, night and stay credit you are entitled to!

By the way, I hope you had a pleasant stay in Hawaii! 😀
Old May 3, 19, 12:31 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
My experience is that if points don't show up within 2 days of check-out (excluding weekends), they won't.

You still have to wait about 7 calendar days before anyone will do anything about it, but once those have passed, filing a claim or emailing the DD will get your points quickly.
Old May 3, 19, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies! We checked our 5 days ago so I’ll contact them next week. I have the DD’s phone number but not their email. Can anybody share that? I always prefer to email.
Old May 4, 19, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post

points still haven’t posted?
Points and stay credit posted today, after I completed the online missing stay form yesterday.
Old May 4, 19, 5:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Diamond email is no longer functional. In the past, you’d get an auto reply with a case number and usually a resolution in 48-72 hours.

Now, no auto response and no replies. I’ve emailed twice regarding missing points in the last month and have not received a response.

I called the Diamond line and made sure to not select “reservations” and immediately received help.

The last time I called the diamond line and selected reservations, the agent badly messed up the booking requiring two additional callbacks. I assume by selecting reservations, your call is routed to the regular reservation line.
Old May 4, 19, 10:42 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by aww3583 View Post
[left]Diamond email is no longer functional. In the past, you’d get an auto reply with a case number and usually a resolution in 48-72 hours.
Which address did you use that isn't working any more? In March I used [email protected]
Old May 5, 19, 1:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, PS, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I completed two stays recently and got zero points for both. Something is wrong with their systems. I filed the missing stay request but can’t understand why points stoped posting automatically last week.
Old May 5, 19, 10:35 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/2.9MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Andriyko View Post
I completed two stays recently and got zero points for both. Something is wrong with their systems. I filed the missing stay request but can’t understand why points stoped posting automatically last week.
Same here, last 3 stays show zero points.
Old May 5, 19, 11:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, PS, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Tomphot View Post

Same here, last 3 stays show zero points.
I talked with a Hilton Honors representative and he told me that they were upgrading their systems and experiencing issues with points posting. They could not add them manually either and had to open a case for both stays.
Old May 9, 19, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; SPG/Mar Platinum; UA Silver
I had two stays (one from November 2018 and one from early this year) that had failed to post. I have submitted missing stay requests using the online form at least twice (it might have been three times). But I received no love from those attempts.

So, this morning I explained the situation in an email to the Diamond line ([email protected]), and attached relevant supporting data with the email (as I had done previously via the online form).

Hilton responded to me within about ONE HOUR from my submission of the email - both issues resolved. The missing points and the updated nights count were already resolved in my account when I logged in to check after seeing Hilton's response email in my inbox.

Search this Thread