Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Property with only Premium Room Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Good day
Can a Hilton property decide not to offer any Standard Room Rewards and exclude its participation in Hilton GO?
Just checked for one property and for the coming 365 days there is no availability: neither for standard room rewards (only Premium - also for the basic room) nor for GO.
Would be curious to understand why a property doesn’t have to offer those rates.
Thanks
Old May 1, 2019, 8:14 am

No way to really know if a property isn't offering standard rooms, or if they got snapped up quickly (even the day they're loaded). This is a fact behind which properties can hide (they have the data, we don't). Some places are certainly known for playing games with their inventory.

What is GO?
Old May 1, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Go is the Hilton staff and friends rates.

Whats the property? PM if you don’t want to say.

I recently noticed a property blocking Go and I contacted Hilton who rectified it.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:14 am

Does not engender loyalty

Yes, I know of a property that is playing this game, not making a single standard room available for cash or award redemption. And no, those rooms weren't and aren't all booked up. Beyond a certain date, standard rooms are not being made available. Perhaps they will as inventory remains and those dates draw near. Regardless, it's beyond ridiculous.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Sounds like W/A Beverly Hills.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Kacee
I had no issue booking it, 3 times in 12 months , given bookerd at least 10 months out.
I even cancel and rebook ( from point to award cert.) The reward went right back to inventory and diamond desk able to grab it right the way.
Old May 12, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Booking for the coming 365 days

Perhaps you could try two bookings
one for 183 days and another for 182 days and see if the booking goes through
Old May 12, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
WA Beverly Hills often offers accessible rooms as standard award rooms, so sometimes you have to include those in your search.
Old May 12, 2019, 10:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DiverDave

WA Beverly Hills often offers accessible rooms as standard award rooms, so sometimes you have to include those in your search.
As I understand it, that is the only room they make available for a standard award.

It has never been available on the dates I search. This is one of the few US Hiltons I'm interested in staying at, but they game the awards pretty bad.
Old May 17, 2019, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
Yes, I know of a property that is playing this game, not making a single standard room available for cash or award redemption. And no, those rooms weren't and aren't all booked up. Beyond a certain date, standard rooms are not being made available. Perhaps they will as inventory remains and those dates draw near. Regardless, it's beyond ridiculous.
Wanted to wait before calling this hotel out. But it's still the same game at the Hilton Garden Inn Mongkok. Not a single standard room beyond Jan. 5, 2020 has been made available. If a hotel isn't going to make a single standard room available -- and the number of standard rooms should be higher, obviously -- it shouldn't be in the Hilton hotel chain.
Old May 18, 2019, 6:10 pm

I just looked at the Hilton moorea resort and there is not a single date for the entire calender for standard room rewards. I have stayed there previously twice on standard room rewards for an entire week with no issues
Old May 19, 2019, 6:20 pm

Not at all uncommon for that property. At the end of the day, the balance of power favors hotel owners and managers over Hilton Honors. If a property decided to designate two rooms as eligible for standard rewards and a year's worth of them sell out in a day, there's not a lot Hilton can do. And, if Hilton did decide to make a fuss, the hotel could very easily increase the point cost of a 'standard' reward by 20% to offset the cost of anybody using the pay for four, get five Honors reward.
Old May 19, 2019, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
Wanted to wait before calling this hotel out. But it's still the same game at the Hilton Garden Inn Mongkok. Not a single standard room beyond Jan. 5, 2020 has been made available. If a hotel isn't going to make a single standard room available -- and the number of standard rooms should be higher, obviously -- it shouldn't be in the Hilton hotel chain.
There are tons of standard award availability for Mongkok Hilton Garden Inn before year 2020. They just haven't load 2020 inventory... You need to wait until Jun or July. HGI HK standard award (40K) is quite poor use anyway... the cash price usually around 100 to 150 for cheapest room.
Old May 19, 2019, 8:18 pm

As I understand it, that is the only room they make available for a standard award.

It has never been available on the dates I search. This is one of the few US Hiltons I'm interested in staying at, but they game the awards pretty bad.
There are tons of award available even during Christmas time... Of course, these dates might not suit your need, but standard award is available on WA Beverly Hills. You just need to book early... I had no issue book award during Summer time as well. Points per room per nightBack a week Dec 11 Wed — Dec 12 ThuFrom 95,000 Dec 12 Thu — Dec 13 FriFrom 95,000 Dec 13 Fri — Dec 14 SatFrom 95,000 Dec 14 Sat — Dec 15 SunFrom 95,000 Dec 15 Sun — Dec 16 MonFrom 95,000 Dec 16 Mon — Dec 17 TueFrom 95,000 Dec 17 Tue — Dec 18 WedFrom 95,000 Dec 18 Wed — Dec 19 ThuFrom 95,000 Dec 19 Thu — Dec 20 FriFrom 95,000 Dec 20 Fri — Dec 21 SatFrom 95,000 Dec 21 Sat — Dec 22 SunFrom 95,000 Dec 22 Sun — Dec 23 MonFrom 95,000 Dec 23 Mon — Dec 24 TueFrom 95,000 Dec 24 Tue — Dec 25 WedFrom 95,000 Dec 25 Wed — Dec 26 ThuFrom 95,000Forward a week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.