Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2019 Go More Get More - Stay Frequency Bonus

2019 Go More Get More - Stay Frequency Bonus

Old May 4, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I would love for Lauren to answer this question...I just signed up for the "3x Points for Your Next Stay" promo. That offer is active as of now until March 2020. I was already planning on doing a mattress run in late May to qualify as my 1st stay for the "Go more, Get More" promo. I was going to do my second stay for the Conrad Koh Samui in July...

My question is that if I do my 1st stay in late May, will that qualify for the "3x Points for Your Next Stay" promo AND the 1st stay for the "Go More, Get More" promo? I need verification...
Is there a link for the 3x promo?

Never mind! I googled and found it. It says targeted but I was able to register. Excellent question. I wonder if you could unregister and then register later for the 3X, if it is an issue.

Last edited by shmom; May 4, 2019 at 7:08 pm
Old May 5, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Exactly. I don't understand why they keep doing these stay-based promotions. Incentivizing stay-splitting and hotel-hopping has several results that I would think would be undesirable to Hilton. For example:

1) Checking guests in and out requires incremental labor and housekeeping expense
I also think as frequent travellers who already cause enough damages to the environment, unnecessary hotel hopping adds more to the damages when all your sheets and towels have to be changed and washed.

I think Hilton is just trying to be fair - do some stuff that is good for stay-centric guests.
Old May 24, 2019, 2:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Couldnt find an answer to this

Parents are visiting for a weekend at a Hilton, booked under my fathers HHonors number. If I add myself to the reservation (and show up at the hotel with them) will I get credit for a stay bonus?

Id like to have a stay before I have a 2k cash stay in a week for the double points bonus
Old May 24, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by verbyournoun

Parents are visiting for a weekend at a Hilton, booked under my fathers HHonors number. If I add myself to the reservation (and show up at the hotel with them) will I get credit for a stay bonus?

Id like to have a stay before I have a 2k cash stay in a week for the double points bonus
​​​​​​ Why and how would you get the credit if the reservation was booked under your father's HH number?
Old May 25, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I would love for Lauren to answer this question...I just signed up for the "3x Points for Your Next Stay" promo. That offer is active as of now until March 2020. I was already planning on doing a mattress run in late May to qualify as my 1st stay for the "Go more, Get More" promo. I was going to do my second stay for the Conrad Koh Samui in July...

My question is that if I do my 1st stay in late May, will that qualify for the "3x Points for Your Next Stay" promo AND the 1st stay for the "Go More, Get More" promo? I need verification...
yes
Old May 26, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: HH D
A more convincing answer might be: I did exactly what you are going to do. Got triple points on my mattress run, received a Hilton marketing e-mail You've unlocked DOUBLE POINTS a couple of days later. It has even got a fancy animated Gif I won't post here, because it wouldn't look as nice without the e-mail frame.
Old May 27, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by verbyournoun

No. Hotel stay credit goes solely to your dad, regardless if you are on reservation or not as a guest.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:27 am

Anyone know what will happen with the promo in this scenario?

I'm going to a work convention so I have a 7 night stay coming up (it will be a second stay). The room was initially booked through a hotel booking company that handles all bookings for the convention plus offers a convention rate discount. Two weeks prior to the stay the website turns the bookings directly over to the hotel (if I have any changes after that I go through the hotel). Plus, the hotel charges me directly, not the booking company. Will my stay count for the promo?

I looked at the FAQ for this promo and didn't find an answer. The closest I got is a link on the FAQ that states terms of eligibility. The only thing I could find that might be a thing was this:

"Specifically excluded from the definition of "stay" are the following types of ineligible stays:
NET Group rates;
Series Group or IT Group rates;
contracted Entertainment or Encore rates"

I don't know what any of the above really means. :/ Anyone know if my stay will get me the promo?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Seeing the above post now...

I booked a stay with a corporate code that I found online. Would my stay qualify?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold for Life; AEGEAN Gold; HILTON Lifetime Diamond; MARRIOTT Lifetime Platinum; IHG Diamond Amb.
Actual points tally

I had a message confirming 40 night threshold reached for 10000 points but like last year this does not show on my profile. Is there any way to actually view the running total of points with Hilton. It is frustrating that this is missing on both the app and windows.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by mera
Anyone know what will happen with the promo in this scenario?

I'm going to a work convention so I have a 7 night stay coming up (it will be a second stay). The room was initially booked through a hotel booking company that handles all bookings for the convention plus offers a convention rate discount. Two weeks prior to the stay the website turns the bookings directly over to the hotel (if I have any changes after that I go through the hotel). Plus, the hotel charges me directly, not the booking company. Will my stay count for the promo?

I looked at the FAQ for this promo and didn't find an answer. The closest I got is a link on the FAQ that states terms of eligibility. The only thing I could find that might be a thing was this:

"Specifically excluded from the definition of "stay" are the following types of ineligible stays:
NET Group rates;
Series Group or IT Group rates;
contracted Entertainment or Encore rates"

I don't know what any of the above really means. :/ Anyone know if my stay will get me the promo?
My husband did a stay at the Hilton Orlando - same thing it was booked via convention by someone in his office using some other cc.. After it was booked I called and added his HH number and changed the cc payment to his Hilton card. Later I called the hotel and took one night off. Anyway, he got all the Hilton bonus points, including the $250 resort credit, the $50 Amex offer - all of which was good for us since the full bill got reimbursed by company. So to answer your question, I think as long as you get your Hilton number on there and his name is on reservation you are good. Likewise my Husband had a five night stay last summer and since it was all corporate booked and corporate paid, Hilton wouldn't give us the points. Made no sense as his name was on reservation but they said "he didn't pay for it'
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by shmom
Likewise my Husband had a five night stay last summer and since it was all corporate booked and corporate paid, Hilton wouldn't give us the points. Made no sense as his name was on reservation but they said "he didn't pay for it'
Since you claim that this “made no sense”, how did you become aware of - and verify - that the negotiated rate between his company and HH for that specific stay didn’t preclude the awarding of HH points?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld

Since you claim that this made no sense, how did you become aware of - and verify - that the negotiated rate between his company and HH for that specific stay didnt preclude the awarding of HH points?
Good grief, someone ate their grumpy berries for breakfast. It was last summer, and my husband spent all of 30 seconds on the phone as he has 100 more important things to do then attempt to track down HH points. That is what he mentioned to me was the reason. If I do remember correctly, I think everything on the reservation was corporate name and corporate address, paid for with someone's corporate card. His name may have been buried on the reservation, and he gave them his HH number when he checked in, and maybe it didn't even get in the system. I'm sure now if I had called the diamond desk I could have gotten it figured out but that was before we were truly savvy on all things Hilton.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by shmom
Good grief, someone ate their grumpy berries for breakfast. It was last summer, and my husband spent all of 30 seconds on the phone as he has 100 more important things to do then attempt to track down HH points. That is what he mentioned to me was the reason. If I do remember correctly, I think everything on the reservation was corporate name and corporate address, paid for with someone's corporate card. His name may have been buried on the reservation, and he gave them his HH number when he checked in, and maybe it didn't even get in the system. I'm sure now if I had called the diamond desk I could have gotten it figured out but that was before we were truly savvy on all things Hilton.
If you claim that something made no sense, it is helpful for you to have your facts clear so that others reading this forum dont waste time on things like trying to claim points for a rate that specifically excludes accrual.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld

If you claim that something made no sense, it is helpful for you to have your facts clear so that others reading this forum dont waste time on things like trying to claim points for a rate that specifically excludes accrual.
Honestly, I think many things with Hilton are a complete crapshoot. I'm sitting here now with 700K Hilton points - and I often find little consistency. Half the time hotel restaurant meals give us points, the other half of the time we don't. Sometimes we get the correct amount of bonus points, sometimes we don't. Good thing we both got the 3X deal on the first May stays and on the second stays got the 2X points. For that I thank this board - it is a great place to get the heads up on deals. I also appreciate this board for excellent hotel recommendations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.