Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2019 Go More Get More - Stay Frequency Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Go More Get More - Stay Frequency Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Does a reward stay count as the first stay?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
The second stay requirement totally sucks. What is the max bonus points you can earn per stay once you have completed the first stay?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Registered Hilton Honors members must complete the stay within the promotional period in order to receive the “Go More, Get More” Bonus. Members checking in before May 6, 2019 will receive credit for their stay if the stay is completed after May 6, 2019 and prior to or on September 8, 2019. Members will not receive bonus credit for any stay that is completed after September 8, 2019, even if part of their stay overlaps with the promotion period.
Why do you get credit if you start your stay before May 6 (before the promo period), but not if you finish after? I'm not sure I see the difference.

Edit: So thinking about it, does this mean that in September, if a new promo starts on Sept. 9, that I would get credit for the whole stay since I would be starting a few days before the start of the new promo? (provided, of course, that it does not have the "with your second stay" restriction). My stay is Sept. 5-10.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by shmom
Does a reward stay count as the first stay?
Yes, as per terms and conditions

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
The second stay requirement totally sucks. What is the max bonus points you can earn per stay once you have completed the first stay?
Base points + Base Points + elite and My Way points each stay
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:32 pm

Nice, I'll be spending about 20 days in Aus/NZ (ending Sept 10, so have to check out two days early) and had planned to stay in Hilton properties, might be worth it to try more than one property in cities that have more than one for the bonuses (and maybe upgrade to the AMEX Aspire).
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:20 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Members checking in before May 6, 2019 will receive credit for their stay if the stay is completed after May 6, 2019 and prior to or on September 8, 2019.
Hmmm.... That leaves a one-day window of uncertainty. I have a stay checking in on May 5 and checking out on May 6. Does that count as my initial stay?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:40 pm

Before we get overly excited about this promo, just think what is the value of 45,000 points (the max bonus amount after 20 stays within the qualifying) period - that will not be enough to get one night in a nice Hilton hotel
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by puchong
Before we get overly excited about this promo, just think what is the value of 45,000 points (the max bonus amount after 20 stays within the qualifying) period - that will not be enough to get one night in a nice Hilton hotel
Well, add the doubled points onto bonus ones for the full "value", no?
Cat88L3 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Hmmm.... That leaves a one-day window of uncertainty. I have a stay checking in on May 5 and checking out on May 6. Does that count as my initial stay?
When it says the promo starts on the 6th, I take it to mean that the night of May 6th must be included, so checking out on May 6th means May 5th was the last valid night and would not count. It would clarify it for me if they explained that you must check out on May 7th or later for such a stay to count.

Then at the end of this promotion, it seems to me that Sept 7th is the last night for the promotion, checking out on Sept 8th. If your stay includes the night of Sept 8th into Sept 9th, that stay would not count because it ended after the promotion expired.

Since my holiday is Sept 5-10, to count for this promotion, I would need to time my stay for Sept 5-8, and spend the last two nights (8th-10th) somewhere else.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
The 45k max relates to the 10k+15k+20k stay bonuses; the double points are not limited as far as I'm aware.

Overall some good points in this promo; the second stay kicker before double points is a potential gotcha though. But anyway, thanks for a couple of weeks heads up on this promo.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
The double points aren't limited so this can be a great value if you have some expensive stays during that period. I have the Conrad Koh Samui, Conrad Ft Lauderdale ,and the Conrad Singapore coming up. Plus I'm a Diamond member To me, this promo is awesome!

The bonuses are bonuses, but as another poster stated, the value is all about the double points from the stays

Last edited by Cat88L3; Apr 27, 2019 at 8:11 am Reason: Wanted to add info
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Shame that Hilton are following other brands and going for 2nd stay.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Shame that Hilton are following other brands and going for 2nd stay.
I'm failing to understand the big deal about the 2nd stay requirement. Sure, it'll make a difference to a small fraction of people, but I also can't fault Hilton for wanting some business in return for the promo.
AStarr likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
I'm failing to understand the big deal about the 2nd stay requirement. Sure, it'll make a difference to a small fraction of people, but I also can't fault Hilton for wanting some business in return for the promo.
My take is, it's their party and they can pretty well do whatever they want.

That said, the effort to reward really frequent stay customers is tied to the bonuses at 20 stays. What this does though is puts folks who have very high end stays at the beginning (For me it's a family vacation at a Conrad i lose out on) in the position to not get the real value out of an expensive stay when we are already loyal. I would be fine if it were some random Hampton Inn in Dallas or something, but paying for a high end property that i will miss out on knowing that i will get the double points for my HGI stays and my Hampton Inn stays kinda sucks.

Though i do acknowledge that this will be way better for me later in the summer (Paris & Amsterdam are EXPENSIVE) than the current promo.

My only gripe is the 2nd stay requirement. Otherwise i prefer this to the current promotion.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
I'm failing to understand the big deal about the 2nd stay requirement. Sure, it'll make a difference to a small fraction of people[...]
Unless I'm failing to understand something, it'll make a difference to 100% of the people who get any points from the promotion.
Voodoo Daddy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.