Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2019 Go More Get More - Stay Frequency Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Go More Get More - Stay Frequency Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Thanks for sharing this.

Confirming that indeed award stays are being counted as an eligible stay (at least for the current program).
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: HH D
Will I earn Bonus Points on Reward Stays with the “Go More Get More” promotion?
Yes – members are eligible to earn double Hilton Honors Bonus Points beginning on their second stay on paid portions of reward stays, including incidental charges (except on incidental charges at Hampton by Hilton™ , Tru by Hilton® , Homewood Suites by Hilton®, and Home2 Suites by Hilton®). Reward stays also qualify towards the 10, 15, and 20-stay thresholds for earning Plus-Up Point Bonuses.
https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...faq/index.html

(I think it doensn't answer the 30th, 35th and 40th stay-question yet.)
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:28 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Thysk
Confirming that indeed award stays are being counted as an eligible stay (at least for the current program).
This is explicitly in the T&Cs. Not sure if it is for the new promo.

Hilton is all about incentivizing stays over nights though.

The only way I can get diamond is to have 30 stays. This is quite easy for me, yet 60 nights would be quite difficult. Sure, I'd prefer not to move hotel unnecessarily but that's how the program works. Once I am sure I'll go over 30 stays then I may consider booking more than one night in the same property
Dad to Rei likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
This is explicitly in the T&Cs. Not sure if it is for the new promo.

Hilton is all about incentivizing stays over nights though.

The only way I can get diamond is to have 30 stays. This is quite easy for me, yet 60 nights would be quite difficult. Sure, I'd prefer not to move hotel unnecessarily but that's how the program works. Once I am sure I'll go over 30 stays then I may consider booking more than one night in the same property
Yep, you are the same as myself, I scrape through with around 35 stays a year usually one night stays as I’m in the music business and I tour, 60 nights is out of reach for me too.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
Too bad I typically my stay is typically 5-6 nights.

Even though I am staying 22-25 nights a month, I am still at 4 stays or so. It'll be cumbersome to check-in and out of different properties every morning just to get the 10-15-20 stay milestone points.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Here is an in-depth look at the promotion and FAQ from Loyalty Lobby

https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/04/26/...tember-8-2019/
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Registration worked for me.

This is good for me......just wish I had some more expensive stays scheduled
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Buzzardgut
It would be nice if they did something like a 50% increase each night in a single stay, ex first night is 2000 pts, second night is 3000, third is 4500. I would think that would potentially cut down on people hoping from hotel to hotel, which could lead to less cleaning of the rooms needed.
Exactly. I don't understand why they keep doing these stay-based promotions. Incentivizing stay-splitting and hotel-hopping has several results that I would think would be undesirable to Hilton. For example:

1) Checking guests in and out requires incremental labor and housekeeping expense
2) Having guests at properties for one-night stays complicates inventory management (say a prospective guest wants to book M-F but the last room on Tuesday is taken by someone hotel-hopping)
3) Encouraging more stays drives guests towards the path of least resistance to earn status (30 stays vs. 60 nights), which means more elites and thus (theoretically...) more elite benefits to deliver

I just don't get it...wouldn't properties want to incentivize locking in big contiguous chunks of revenue with minimized operational costs?
DiverDave likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Thx OP!
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:13 am

The link is working now and I was able to register. It shows in my active offers. I have stays coming up at the Conrad Ft Lauderdale, Conrad Singapore, and Conrad Koh Samui. I'm very happy about this promotion!
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Exactly. I don't understand why they keep doing these stay-based promotions. Incentivizing stay-splitting and hotel-hopping has several results that I would think would be undesirable to Hilton. For example:

1) Checking guests in and out requires incremental labor and housekeeping expense
2) Having guests at properties for one-night stays complicates inventory management (say a prospective guest wants to book M-F but the last room on Tuesday is taken by someone hotel-hopping)
3) Encouraging more stays drives guests towards the path of least resistance to earn status (30 stays vs. 60 nights), which means more elites and thus (theoretically...) more elite benefits to deliver

I just don't get it...wouldn't properties want to incentivize locking in big contiguous chunks of revenue with minimized operational costs?
The only thing I can think of is Hilton may have figured out there are enough people who go out of their way to add a couple of stays to become Diamond which is often people doing it locally during low traffic aka lower rates so they are adding occupancy during low occupancy period. Its the only thing that makes sense.
Sisosig likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Miesque
The only thing I can think of is Hilton may have figured out there are enough people who go out of their way to add a couple of stays to become Diamond which is often people doing it locally during low traffic aka lower rates so they are adding occupancy during low occupancy period. Its the only thing that makes sense.
Agreed - they must think obviously that they're going to get incremental stays out of it. I wonder how much lift they really see...
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:56 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Here is an in-depth look at the promotion and FAQ from Loyalty Lobby

https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/04/26/...tember-8-2019/
"In-depth"??? This is literally all he says:

The current promotion gives these additional bonuses either based on number of nights or stays consumed. This new offer awards those that hop between hotels or have short stays.

I like the fact that Hilton Honors runs these promotions back to back that allows members to earn bonus points uninterrupted.
The first paragraph is wrong (current promo is better for hotel hopping), and the second is meaningless! If there is always a promo, then when there is no promo it is effectively a devaluation.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I'm annoyed that they've picked up on Marriott's approach of having the promo benefit only start on the second stay. Somehow the first stay during a promo period always seems to be an expensive one, followed shortly after by something much more low cost... Hopefully they won't also go down the Marriott route of having a gap between promo periods as well...
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by whimsey21
I'm annoyed that they've picked up on Marriott's approach of having the promo benefit only start on the second stay. Somehow the first stay during a promo period always seems to be an expensive one, followed shortly after by something much more low cost... Hopefully they won't also go down the Marriott route of having a gap between promo periods as well...
My first stay is at the Conrad Koh Samui, so this means that I'm going to book a hotel night around where I live in NYC. Because of the area, it's not like any of the Hilton properties are "cheap" around here. The cheapest property in all of NYC (Manhattan, Queens, BK, etc) that's coming up is a Doubletree Times Square that will cost about $140 with taxes and fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.