Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2019 Go More Get More - Stay Frequency Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Go More Get More - Stay Frequency Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Know there's been some confusion -- so clarifying if you have a stay ending around the time the new promotion will start...

A member can check out on May 6th and that will count towards achieving the first stay requirement for the new promotion.

Thanks!
Lauren
But if I have a stay starting on September 5, and I can NOT check out until Sept. 10, for the days Sept. 5-8 I get NOTHING, no double points at all? No matter how much I spend during that time? (I can't check out on the 8th because it's a continuous 5 nt. award stay).

Very sad about that.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by bse118
I happily continue to sign up for these promos - whatever their details may be.

But they don't influence my booking behavior at all.
Me too. I figured out I'll have 21 stays during this promotion, so I'll hit the bonuses. All in, I think I'll get an extra 80-100k points. I'll certainly take that, but it's not life changing. I can't imagine going to the hassle of spending cash to artifically meet any requirement and/or changing hotels to meet stay targets. Not worth the hassle. 100k points is barely enough for 2 nights in many places.
Old May 1, 2019, 4:56 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
But if I have a stay starting on September 5, and I can NOT check out until Sept. 10, for the days Sept. 5-8 I get NOTHING,
I think you won't know if that is the case or not until they announce what is the promo which starts September 8.
BrlDsguise likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
I think you won't know if that is the case or not until they announce what is the promo which starts September 8.
That is true.

However, the dates of this promo have been set as May 6 - Sept. 8.

And it has been said (by Lauren) that if you start a stay before May 6, but check out after May 6, it will count.

And it has also been said that if you start a stay before Sept. 8, but check out AFTER Sept. 8, it will not count.

I don't think that is fair.

Either make the dates firm (May 6 - Sept. 8), or make parity at both ends.
Old May 1, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
So I have been 95% with Marriott. more like 1 stay in last 4 months at Hilton and 16 with Marriott. Titanium elite and have a Marriott rewards card.. Now that the double points promotion is ending at Marriott next month, I am wondering if I should start with Hilton. I am already Gold at Hilton because of Amex Platinum.

Wondering if I should apply for Hilton Amex credit card and roll with it.

Most of my stays are 4-5 nights (weekdays) and if need be to increase the no of stays I can always split that into 2 nights and 3 nights each week. I'll exceed the 10 stay in a month, and the 15 and 20 stay in another month.

Question is, with Marriott I am accumulating at 1.75x and a healthy no of points because of promotion, perhaps try Hilton (with credit card?) or use Amex platinum?
Old May 1, 2019, 5:23 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Not fair? Sorry to be blunt, but what requires Hilton to offer any bonus at all? Would it be "unfair" if they discontinued bonuses altogether?

And if they do offer a bonus, why can they not offer it in any way, shape, or form that they want, for example are they not free to say the bonus will only apply to Middle East hotels if you have a stay 7+ nights and pay the member flexible rate?
Old May 1, 2019, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Not fair? Sorry to be blunt, but what requires Hilton to offer any bonus at all? Would it be "unfair" if they discontinued bonuses altogether?

And if they do offer a bonus, why can they not offer it in any way, shape, or form that they want, for example are they not free to say the bonus will only apply to Middle East hotels if you have a stay 7+ nights and pay the member flexible rate?
You're entitled to your opinion, as am I.

Sure, there are plenty or promos for only Asia or only the Middle East or only if you book on Tuesdays in odd-numbered months. I never care about them.

THIS promo, they first state dates, then change them to be flexible to those on the front end but not on the back end. Sorry, either hold firm to your dates, or make them flexible on both ends.
Old May 1, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
You're entitled to your opinion, as am I.

Sure, there are plenty or promos for only Asia or only the Middle East or only if you book on Tuesdays in odd-numbered months. I never care about them.

THIS promo, they first state dates, then change them to be flexible to those on the front end but not on the back end. Sorry, either hold firm to your dates, or make them flexible on both ends.
They are firm. The date the stay is completed is what matters. If they gave it up on both ends, people would have stays that qualify for both this promo and the next.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy

They are firm. The date the stay is completed is what matters. If they gave it up on both ends, people would have stays that qualify for both this promo and the next.
That was addressed, and if that's true that's great. But if the next promo is again "with the 2nd stay", then I'm out of luck. Oh well.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:59 pm

That is true.

However, the dates of this promo have been set as May 6 - Sept. 8.

And it has been said (by Lauren) that if you start a stay before May 6, but check out after May 6, it will count.

And it has also been said that if you start a stay before Sept. 8, but check out AFTER Sept. 8, it will not count.

Either make the dates firm (May 6 - Sept. 8), or make parity at both ends.
I would like to point for accuracy that in post # 105 Lauren points out check out on May 6 or later not “after May 6”. Honors causes a lot of unnecessary confusion and inconsistent information with their vague FAQs and answers.
I have a question for everyone: if someone checks in Aug 9 2019 and checks out Sep 9 2019 they will receive ZERO bonus points under this promo??? Does anyone believe this???
Old May 2, 2019, 6:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
[...] if someone checks in Aug 9 2019 and checks out Sep 9 2019 they will receive ZERO bonus points under this promo?
To put a different nuance on it, what if someone checks out on Sep 8 but checks right back in? In the normal sense, it would be one stay that ended later, but would checking out trigger the credit under the current promotion?
Old May 2, 2019, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That was addressed, and if that's true that's great. But if the next promo is again "with the 2nd stay", then I'm out of luck. Oh well.
You should never expect stays booked in advance of knowing a promo to always work well with a promo. Promos are designed to get you to stay more (or stay more in that program). If you were going to stay anyway, Hilton is not that interested in making a promo designed to get you stay more reward you for what you were going to do anyway. That's the just the reality of promos. Sometimes they work out by chance on stays booked far in advance, and sometimes they don't, but to maximize the promos, you have to wait until you know what the promos are before you book. I know that's not always practical, but that points out that maximizing promos is not always practical.
FlyingHighlander likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, American Platinum, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by uscgto
Question is, with Marriott I am accumulating at 1.75x and a healthy no of points because of promotion, perhaps try Hilton (with credit card?) or use Amex platinum?
I can’t speak of the AMEX Platinum as it relates to your question as I do not have the card. If you get the AMEX Aspire, you will be given Hilton Diamond status and will earn 34 Hilton points per dollar spent at Hilton properties BEFORE factoring in current promotions. (This assumes you select points and points as your earning preference. You get 10 base points per dollar, plus another 10 diamond bonus points per dollar, plus 14 points per dollar paying with the AMEX Aspire card, yielding 34 points per dollar BEFORE factoring in promotions). With the upcoming double points promo, you will earn 44 points per dollar after your first stay. (10 base points, 10 double base points, 10 diamond bonus points, plus 14 points for AMEX Aspire, yielding 44 points per dollar)

If you value Hilton points at $0.005 per point (ie one half cent per point), you effectively earn a 22% bonus (or rebate) on all Hilton stays paid for with an AMEX Aspire card under the upcoming promo (after the first stay). Only you can tell if that is an acceptable rate of return relative to what you are currently receiving with Marriott. Good luck with whatever you decide, and happy points hunting!
restlessinRNO and Mirendo like this.
Old May 4, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Buzzardgut
I always stay at a different hotel each night, even though i'm in the same metro area. it's a not too bad when it comes to expenses, dealing with a couple extra receipts but worth the points and especially the bonus. Until Hilton starts an incentive for more consecutive nights then i'll continue this. It would be nice if they did something like a 50% increase each night in a single stay, ex first night is 2000 pts, second night is 3000, third is 4500. I would think that would potentially cut down on people hoping from hotel to hotel, which could lead to less cleaning of the rooms needed.
If they made it 2000 points the for first night and doubled it for every following night I would live in the hotel for the whole promotion :-)
silverforumsurf and Mirendo like this.
Old May 4, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I would love for Lauren to answer this question...I just signed up for the "3x Points for Your Next Stay" promo. That offer is active as of now until March 2020. I was already planning on doing a mattress run in late May to qualify as my 1st stay for the "Go more, Get More" promo. I was going to do my second stay for the Conrad Koh Samui in July...

My question is that if I do my 1st stay in late May, will that qualify for the "3x Points for Your Next Stay" promo AND the 1st stay for the "Go More, Get More" promo? I need verification...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.