Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Any Hilton Hotel in the USA Adult only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Hilton Hotel in the USA Adult only

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Question Any Hilton Hotel in the USA Adult only

Hello all,

I was looking for a nice Hilton Hotel with a nice swimming pool this summer but with some rest and no children.
Any Hilton Adults only Hotels in the USA?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Short answer is no. Long answer is also no.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Short answer is no. Long answer is also no.
For the sake of negotiation, I’m going to split the difference and offer a middle option, which is also no.
Capt Hammond, mendezka and wizla like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The best you can do *might* be a place with several pools where one is designated for adults, which might ot might not be enforced. An example I can think of is RC, not Hilton.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Or stay at the Flying Horse Lodge. We have adult only pool and hot tub that you will have access to. Not related to any hotel chain, so no points to gain. I find it kind of boring, and even without the kids, my wife and I prefer the main pool. The crowd at the adult only pool is the most grumpy pricks in the neighborhood I've ever met.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Example:
AAA Four-Diamond Hilton Playa del Carmen

Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
There's an adult only pool at the Hilton Waikoloa Village in Hawaii, but the hotel itself is not adults only.
https://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.co...eriences/pools
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
The Grand Wailea also has an adults only pool.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by ITravelElite
Example:
AAA Four-Diamond Hilton Playa del Carmen

Why are you giving an example of a property in Mexico when you asked about the USA?
mendezka likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I would imagine US non discrimination laws might make it difficult to have such policies for the hotel as a whole if not impossible. I could be wrong, but that would make some sense.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Miesque
I would imagine US non discrimination laws might make it difficult to have such policies for the hotel as a whole if not impossible. I could be wrong, but that would make some sense.
Nah - kids are not a discrimination able class - age is, but afaik it only counts once you get to 18+ - then you can't discriminate

https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/10-...ry?id=41237808
craig44485 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by ITravelElite
Hello all,

I was looking for a nice Hilton Hotel with a nice swimming pool this summer but with some rest and no children.
Any Hilton Adults only Hotels in the USA?
Why must it be a Hilton? In a previous post you indicated that you’ve given up all your loyalty programs.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smmrfld

For the sake of negotiation, I’m going to split the difference and offer a middle option, which is also no.
But there are also a set of unique scenarios which could combine to make it no.

Is the OP writing a travel blog or something?

I bet at no-kids hotels there are lots of cigar smokers. Big stinky cigar smokers.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Nah - kids are not a discrimination able class - age is, but afaik it only counts once you get to 18+ - then you can't discriminate
I'm not a lawyer, but I believe age is only protected in cases of employment. And there, it's only protected for ages 40 and up. (That's federal law. Local laws may be different.)

https://www.aarp.org/work/employee-r...act_sheet.html

Generally speaking, it's legal to discriminate by age in most other situations. That's why it's lawful for rental car companies to say no to anyone under 25 (or charge extra).
craig44485 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by Hipplewm

https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/10-...ry?id=41237808
Old, ugly, terrible people proposing things like the OP shouldn't be a "discrimination able class" neither. I do not want to share my pool with old, fat people. Isn't this my right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.